What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Indonesia has taking delivery of initial order of three units Bushmaster Protected Mobility Vehicle from Australia

Thales Australia’s Bushmaster has received fresh export orders from Japan and Indonesia, with strong interest expressed by Libya, making the Aussie-made Protected Mobility Vehicle (PMV) a rising star in the defence

According to a feature on The Telegraph, a total of 1045 units have been built at Thales’s factory at Bendigo in Victoria, which has 240 workers. Another 55 Bushmasters are set to come off the line by the end of 2015.

Sources say Japan has ordered 10 vehicles while Indonesia will take an initial order of three. Libya has expressed interest in between 100 and 400 of the 15-tonne armoured troop carrier.

Thales Australia receives fresh orders of Victorian-manufactured vehicle | Australian Manufacturing

credit to agan Keong.racun2 from Kaskus.co.id

So this week we received 3 C-295, 6 Bell 412EP, 2 AS-365 Dauphin, 3 MRAP, 1 KCR 60 FPB. Quite a lot. And this is just only a portion for this month delivery. If i'm not mistaken, TNI will also receive new 1 KCR 40 FPB, 2 KAL Patrol Boat from Palindo this month and 37 BMP 3F. Quite a lot in a timespan of just 1 month

ups sorry double post, sis madoka beat me to it.

So this week we received 3 C-295, 6 Bell 412EP, 2 AS-365 Dauphin, 3 MRAP, 1 KCR 60 FPB. Quite a lot. And this is just only a portion for this month delivery. If i'm not mistaken, TNI will also receive new 1 KCR 40 FPB, 2 KAL Patrol Boat from Palindo this month and 37 BMP 3F. Quite a lot in a timespan of just 1 month

ups sorry double post, sis madoka beat me to it.
find pencil symbol at the left end of your post box, it was the edit button

Australia Sends Bushmaster MPV to Indonesia

Bushmaster MPV at Halim Perdanakusuma AFB (photo : keong.racun2)

Thales Australia receives fresh orders of Victorian-manufactured vehicle
Thales Australia’s Bushmaster has received fresh export orders from Japan and Indonesia, with strong interest expressed by Libya, making the Aussie-made Protected Mobility Vehicle (PMV) a rising star in the defence market.

According to a feature on The Telegraph, a total of 1045 units have been built at Thales’s factory at Bendigo in Victoria, which has 240 workers. Another 55 Bushmasters are set to come off the line by the end of 2015.

Sources say Japan has ordered 10 vehicles while Indonesia will take an initial order of three. Libya has expressed interest in between 100 and 400 of the 15-tonne armoured troop carrier.
Last week Thales Australia announced that it has signed a contract to supply 12 Bushmaster vehicles to the Jamaica Defence Force. A five-year support package is also included in the contract to ensure the highest levels of availability and performance.

Thales Australia CEO Chris Jenkins said the Jamaican Defence Force has been eyeing the Bushmaster for some time now and the company is now pleased to add them as an export customer.
“The Bushmasters are ideally suited for both internal security and humanitarian operations. The inclusion of the support package demonstrates the customer’s trust in us to deliver and maintain an effective capability over several years,” Mr Jenkins said in a press release.
“Once again, the confidence shown in Bushmaster’s ability to protect troops and save lives reflects very well on the skills of Australian industry, and the important role that Thales and the 120 companies in the Bushmaster supply chain play in providing a unique Australian capability in protected vehicles.”

In the span of its service in Afghanistan, no soldier has been reported killed while riding the Bushmaster. Its success can be attributed to the heavily armoured V-shaped hull that directs blast away from its occupants.
A single Bushmaster costs in excess of $500,000. According to the Telegraph report it can transport 10 troops, and can itself be transported in a C-130 Hercules aircraft. The vehicle is powered by a Caterpillar 224 kW turbo diesel engine with a range of more than 800km.

(Australian Manufacturing)

New 6 Bell-412 EP and 3 C-295 delivered to Indonesian armed forces

33c3x4w.jpg

14izngn.jpg

Last edited:
this copter above belong to the police force

I have news for you all, Indonesia will buy Amraam 120C, JDAM kits and AIM 9X from United States, lantirn and sniper targeting pod, Indonesia too will buy Blackhawk helicopter and Chinook for their ground forces, and also will placing more order for 80 more Marder 1A3 IFV from Germany.

news in Bahasa,

you can check it for yourself
Semakin Bertaji di Tahun 2014

I have news for you all, Indonesia will buy Amraam 120C, JDAM kits and AIM 9X from United States, lantirn and sniper targeting pod, Indonesia too will buy Blackhawk helicopter and Chinook for their ground forces, and also will placing more order for 80 more Marder 1A3 IFV from Germany.

news in Bahasa,

The amount of Amraam missile is only for small conflict....by the way it is still good, I hope there is TOT there for the missile acquisition

The amount of Amraam missile is only for small conflict....by the way it is still good, I hope there is TOT there for the missile acquisition

If they willing to show us how is the way to prolong the living days of the missiles it will became a great help for us

If they willing to show us how is the way to prolong the living days of the missiles it will became a great help for us

yup, maybe you are right...Oya...I also heard that South Korea is able to make like this one as well.....If we buy from SK..the change to get more TOT is greater....In my opinion we have to produce this type of missile before mass production of our KFX ...insyaALLAH....just like the way we can cooperate with China in C-705 Anti Ship Missile cooperation. The step has to be taken now....

news in Bahasa,

I don't know too much dependence on US is not right for Indonesia in regards to Black Hawk and Chinooks unless % of technologies are transferred by US for in house local development.

I don't know too much dependence on US is not right for Indonesia in regards to Black Hawk and Chinooks unless % of technologies are transferred by US for in house local development.

Yup..I agree with you. Without proper TOT....buying Black Hawk and Chinooks are useless since we can also make helicopter like Super puma, Bell, etc in PT Dirgantara. I don't know why our parliament approve it. If we can buy F-16 for only 12 pieces and get TOT....and produce some parts of them in PT DI....during 1990's so this 17 Black Hawk has to get more TOT than that....

Last edited:

Indonesia still making helicopter for their own use (although we are still using design and technology from Eurocopter), but sometimes you must buy some premium products in which your own kitchen can't made it. And don't forget about Indonesian Mi 17 and Mi 35 they were from Russian sides, and i still remember some of my colleague has saying, in the future Indonesia still has option to buying more Mi 17 as our workhorse copter.

I just hope we can see Gandiwa... at least a materialized prototype.. Someday... soon.

For God sake, PT. DI.. just do it already... as long as it can fly and shoot.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom