What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Thanks bro, what about the Thai and Viet orders, what type of “warships” was ordered?

I dont have any idea about Thailand and Vietnam order for combatan ship, I assume the journalist make wrong quotes once again. I believe it might be a civilian ship regarding any Vietnam or Thailand order since PT PAL has several dockyard and has specialization in both civilian and war ship.

My military is bigger than yours …

IMG~14.jpg

"The Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia is non-negotiable. Our military forces must be larger and more modern than neighbouring countries, like Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, and so on. Given our vast country, the Indonesian military forces must absolutely be larger"

This isn’t about Australia. Not only did SBY not single out Australia, his statements were about reassurance, not threat. What he said makes more sense when you consider SBY, a former general, was speaking at Latihan Gabungan 2013 (a joint military exercise involving 16,000 troops) in front of a large military crowd and, in the lead up to the 2014 presidential election, he was reaching out to a domestic audience.

Looking at its strategic circumstances, it also makes sense for Indonesia to have a bigger military. It’s a vast archipelago with different strategic priorities, the most pressing of which are sovereignty and territorial integrity, and it’s in dire need to boost air and naval capabilities.

https://securityscholar.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/my-military-is-bigger-than-yours/

Singapore has signed a program to upgrade their 60 F 16 block 52 that will complete after 5-6 years to come. A growing nationalism among Asian countries (they always see Indonesia as their major thread) has been their ultimate worry currently, as said by their Armed Force General lately.

Australia in the other hand will acquire about 100 F 35.

Despite that, our political weight is still greater than both countries in international politics, and we still can name our warship as Usman Harun (Two Indonesian marine that did sabotage (bombing) in Singapore).

putin-obama-APEC.jpg

KRI Usman Harun weapon system

brandenburg-class.jpg

Better Indonesian to play smart here and keep growing our economy and defense industry step by step........:sarcastic:

Last edited:
I can say that if Singapore refuse to let Indonesia take the FIR in the Batam region, we will possibly take that by force. Maybe not now, but after 2030 the possibility is huge. So better to cooperate with us now, before we inshaALLAH has already been too big. Better Indonesian to play smart here and keep growing our economy and defense industry step by step........

Not a chance. We'll take the Batam FIR within 2-3 years from now. That's the deadline. I will not expect further delay. It will happen sooner than later.

kopassus-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not a chance. We'll take the Batam FIR 2-3 years from now. That's the deadline. I will not expect further delay. It will happen sooner than later.

2030 is not a diplomatic effort though, I just give a warrant here since who know who will lead Indonesian in the future.

I still see that we will take the FIR after we upgrade all the radars in the area, and I believe ICAO will give us the control in 2019 as we will be possibly ready with all of the required infrastructure at that time.

I still see that we will take the FIR after we upgrade all the radars in the area, and I believe ICAO will give us the control in 2019 as we will be possibly ready with all of the required infrastructure at that time.

Klo ngomong nggak sanggup, Jonan bakal mental. Bakal ditagih terus perkembangannya tuh sama presiden :)

Singapore has signed a program to upgrade their 60 F 16 block 52 that will complete after 5-6 years to come. A growing nationalism among Asian countries (they always see Indonesia as their major thread) has been their ultimate worry currently, as said by their Armed Force General lately.

Australia in the other hand will acquire about 100 F 35.

Despite that, our political weight is still greater than both countries in international politics, and we still can name our warship as Usman Harun (Two Indonesian marine that did sabotage (bombing) in Singapore).

Better Indonesian to play smart here and keep growing our economy and defense industry step by step........:sarcastic:

Foreign/international think tank agreed that growing military spending in the East Asia including ASEAN are because China growing assertiveness. not because they are afraid of Indonesia, we should not over exaggerated ourselves. they do consider us as threat during Sukarno confrontation policy, but right now they prefer to consider us as potential allies.

IMHO it is us that have to much chauvinistic tendency and superiority-inferiority complex. So let's not confined ourselves to such perceptions. To me rather than being feared by others, Indonesia should be a country that are respected and look upon by others with admiration.

Oh, and did you know that Singapore is the biggest foreign investor in Indonesia.
:cheers:

Foreign/international think tank agreed that growing military spending in the East Asia including ASEAN are because China growing assertiveness. not because they are afraid of Indonesia, we should not over exaggerated ourselves. they do consider us as threat during Sukarno confrontation policy, but right now they prefer to consider us as potential allies.

IMHO it is us that have to much chauvinistic tendency and superiority-inferiority complex. So let's not confined ourselves to such perceptions. To me rather than being feared by others, Indonesia should be a country that are respected and look upon by others with admiration.

Oh, and did you know that Singapore is the biggest foreign investor in Indonesia.

Nope, for Singapore it is different, they dont have anything to do with China since their country is not placed in South China Sea.

Not us who has inferiority complex since our defense budget is very rational and I like that strategy as well.

Singapore is not an issue. We have our objective... World Maritime Axis. Set sail and stay the course...

kopaska-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yap 2-3 tahun lagi karna alatnya kan belum punya

Iya itu dia maksudnya. Dikasih waktu 2-3 tahun untuk persiapan ngambil alih FIR. Harus sanggup, klo ngeluh nggak sanggup bakal diisi yang lain.

Keren radarnya, 174m itu tinggi menaranya. Selat malaka kedepan harus berada dibawah kendali dan pengawasan Indonesia secara efektif. Klo Singapur protes atas pemasangan radar mah bukan kabar buruk, itu kabar baik. Berarti keputusannya sudah tepat. :D

14Radar-bc-batam.jpg

Klo diberita ini tinggi nya 75 meter. http://batamnews.co.id/berita-10589...a-cukai-batam-ini-bikin-gentar-singapura.html

Last edited:
Since when Usman harun have mk 41vls, RAM and mk29 torp launcher
Hehe, sepertinya mas @Indos ini suka keliru klo pasang gambar yg dimaksud. :)
KRI Usman Harun weapon system

brandenburg-class.jpg
The picture your posting above is Brandenburg class fregate of Germany's navy and not KRI Usman Harun (meskipun sy berharap klo kapal tersebut masuk ke inventory TNI-AL) :D

Absolutely correct! Theres no need too much chauvinistic attitudes here. Whether we like it or not, Singapore is the only country in ASEAN which considered as our strategic partner be it in the economic and defense strategy. And Indonesia would never be a threat to Singapore or other ASEAN neighbors for whatever reasons..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom