What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

banjarmasin-class.jpg

Indonesian Navy Ship KRI BANGARMASIN-592 on a goodwill cum training visit at Karachi Port, July 2015.

For the next 2 hospital ships in the planning, i'd rather like to see that we convert existing Makassar class LPD.
makassar-class.jpg

And build 2 more combat oriented LPD as the replacement. Have a mast structure like BRP Tarlac, with bridge design closely resemble Banjarmasin class, able to accommodate 3 medium heli on deck, and 2 on hangar. But have capacity to accommodate larger number of troops just like Makassar class, thus we need to enlage the design. In brief, Banjarmasin class LPD on steroid

Last edited:
For the next 2 hospital ships in the planning, i'd rather like to see that we convert existing Makassar class LPD.
And build 2 more combat oriented LPD as the replacement. Have a mast structure like BRP Tarlac, with bridge design closely resemble Banjarmasin class, able to accommodate 3 medium heli on deck, and 2 on hangar. But have capacity to accommodate larger number of troops just like Makassar class, thus we need to enlage the design. In brief, Banjarmasin class LPD on steroid
I strongly agree!! In line with the plans to add more 2 units of the hospital ships, it is better if the current two Makassar class LPD is converted to meet those needs. And then build two new LPD ships with more stretched and sophisticated design than the existing one to replace the role of Makassar class as a naval command operations ship..
It's like getting two requirements from just one planning, thats smart idea mas bro..

I strongly agree!! In line with the plans to add more 2 units of the hospital ships, it is better if the current two Makassar class LPD is converted to meet those needs. And then build two new LPD ships with more stretched and sophisticated design than the existing one to replace the role of Makassar class as a naval command operations ship.. It's like getting two requirements from just one planning, thats smart idea mas bro..

I know, right. I hope that's what in the mind of Navy official when they plan to procure the new hospital ships. Now that we have the know-how to build frigate, it's supposedly easier to incorporate more combat oriented design to the new LPD. Imagine 2 units, 140 meter LPD that incorporate all the applicable good stuff from Banjarmasin, Makassar, Tarlac, and PKR... All that under... $60M/unit.... Yummy...

For Inspiration
lpd.jpg

Last edited:
"So others may live"
------------------------------
Indonesian Kopassus medical officer joins Battlefield Advance Trauma Life Support - International Course (Netherland Jan 2016) with fellow combat medic from other country.

Photo credit : Dr. Reza Hambali
12407556_1509705072666917_250778463_n.jpg

Ministry Science and Technology from Nigeria Dr. Obgbonnaya Onu during his Visit to PT Pindad.
2016-01-23_15.29.26.jpg
2016-01-23_15.28.59.jpg
2016-01-23_15.28.46.jpg

Nigeria want join us to cooperate in defense industry and also to open and introduce our market in south africa.

Last edited:
I know, right. I hope that's what in the mind of Navy official when they plan to procure the new hospital ships. Now that we have the know-how to build frigate, it's supposedly easier to incorporate more combat oriented design to the new LPD. Imagine 2 units, 140 meter LPD that incorporate all the applicable good stuff from Banjarmasin, Makassar, Tarlac, and PKR... All that under... $60M/unit.... Yummy...

For Inspiration
View attachment 289166
Damn!! I've just imagine if the plans can actually be realized, it certainly will improve the capability of our naval fleet significantly.
Yah, 140 - 150 long metres is good enough. And if based on the third naval fleet development plan which currently has been started, what if the Navy adding a new ship into 3 units? So in each fleet will have these LPD which can be configure as a flagship, also to support amphibious operations or humanitarian relief..

Taraaaa, She is ready for finishing
@haikal
View attachment 289149
Wow!!! Its really a good looking ship and a great development from PAL..
Ini merupakan langkah positif menuju sebuah kemandirian.. Bravo PAL!!! Bravo TNI-AL!!!

Last edited:
Damn!! I've just imagine if the plans can actually be realized, it certainly will improve the capability of our naval fleet significantly. Yah, 140 - 150 long metres is good enough. And if based on the third fleet development plan which currently has been started, what if the Navy adding a new ship into 3 units? So in each fleet will have these LPD which can be configure as a flagship, also to support amphibious operations or humanitarian relief..

Yeah, at that time we can gloriously call them as our navy flagships. Klo yang sekarang masih agak malu-malu nyebutnya... :)

Impressive. Imagine if we can incorparate this design into our 2 upcoming LPD.
We already use Sigma and Pkr design to SSV Class and Banjarmasin Class, u can see tower design of both.

Damn!! I've just imagine if the plans can actually be realized, it certainly will improve the capability of our naval fleet significantly.
Yah, 140 - 150 long metres is good enough. And if based on the third naval fleet development plan which currently has been started, what if the Navy adding a new ship into 3 units? So in each fleet will have these LPD which can be configure as a flagship, also to support amphibious operations or humanitarian relief..

Wow!!! Its really a good looking ship and a great development from PAL..
Ini merupakan langkah positif menuju sebuah kemandirian.. Bravo PAL!!! Bravo TNI-AL!!!
Apa yg ente sebut Damen udah punya modelnya. I prefer Jss Karel Doorman, bisa refuelling kapal lain juga.

2016-01-23_17.06.32.jpg

Yeah, at that time we can gloriously call them as our navy flagships. Klo yang sekarang masih agak malu-malu nyebutnya... :)
Haha, maksudnya ngerasa malu sendiri ya klo bilang itu KRI Makassar sbg flagship'nya TNI-AL saat ini :D
Ya wajar aja Lha wong keliatannya masih standar, tapi justru itu adalah kesempatan buat merubah role kapal ini menjadi kapal RS. Mumpung belum dijejalin segala macem sensor dan tetek bengeknya, karena kalau sudah terlanjur diinstal akan lebih repot urusannya.. Yaah, semoga aja para pemangku kebijakan di Kemhan dan TNI-AL khususnya dapat mewujudkan apa yg menjadi harapan kita ya mas.. :)

Sekitar 1.000 orang prajurit dari Kesatuan Kopassus, Marinir, Raider, dan Kostrad akan bergabung dengan 2.000 personel gabungan TNI dan Polri yang sudah lebih dahulu ada di Poso untuk melancarkan operasi keamanan memburu kelompok sipil bersenjata. (ANTARA FOTO/Basri Marzuki)
posooo.jpg
posoo.jpg
poso.jpg

We already use Sigma and Pkr design to SSV Class and Banjarmasin Class, u can see tower design of both. Apa yg ente sebut Damen udah punya modelnya. I prefer Jss Karel Doorman, bisa refuelling kapal lain juga.

Isn't that obvious. My point is to adapt this knowladge to the Navy's upcoming LPDs. We built Banjarmasin way back when we still don't have first hand knowladge on building frigate. SSV design is clearly influenced by Makassar, Banjarmasin, and PKR, but still heavily incline to it's sealift role. Further more, they are not mean for our navy.

Now that we have real opportunity to build 2 more LPD for the navy, i thought it would be pity if we lose this opportunity to build the "true" Flagship LPD for the Navy.

tni2.jpg

Last edited:
Apa yg ente sebut Damen udah punya modelnya. I prefer Jss Karel Doorman, bisa refuelling kapal lain juga.

View attachment 289173
Thats it! Itu yg sy maksud. Tapi mungkin dengan ukuran yg agak pendek kali sekitar 140 - 150m sy rasa cukup untuk menekan biaya pembangunannya biar gak terlalu mahal, mengingat anggaran TNI-AL yg masih terbatas.
Berarti JSS Karel Dorman ini multirole banget ya, selain sebagai command centre juga bisa mendukung operasi amphibi, bantuan kemanusiaan, SAR dan juga RAS, kumplit! Dan klo ngeliat progres dari PAL saat ini, sy optimis klo sdm PAL jg mampu, Insya Allah..

Thats it! Itu yg sy maksud. Tapi mungkin dengan ukuran yg agak pendek kali sekitar 140 - 150m sy rasa cukup untuk menekan biaya pembangunannya biar gak terlalu mahal, mengingat anggaran TNI-AL yg masih terbatas. Berarti JSS Karel Dorman ini multirole banget ya, selain sebagai command centre juga bisa mendukung operasi amphibi, bantuan kemanusiaan, SAR dan juga RAS, kumplit! Dan klo ngeliat progres dari PAL saat ini, sy optimis klo sdm PAL jg mampu, Insya Allah..

Yup, Karel dorman JSS panjangnya lebih dari 200m. PT.PAL kayaknya akan kesulitan klo harus berimprovisasi sendiri. Yang kedua budget AL pastinya sangat terbatas, klo rencana bikin 2 kapal RS, kemungkinan besar pakai patokan harga SSV kemarin, katakanlah 46 juta dollar/unit. Nah, kalo PT.PAL bisa melakukan improvisasi untuk kapal LPD 140 meter, sepertinya nambahnya tidak akan terlalu banyak. 60 juta dollar/unit cukuplah.

tni1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom