What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I hope all Indonesian members are safe is operation over or not are all the attackers killed or not ?

Four suspects had been secured alive, the other three blown themselves up after being fatally wounded in the ensuing fire fighting against Indonesian Security forces. Police and armed forves right now conduct sweeping operation around the are to find possible armed suspects and explosive device theyve left

RIP to all victim, the MO seems like they want to maximize casualty on both secondary target and first responder, any more information related to the attack yet?

Four suspects had been secured alive, the other three blown themselves up after being fatally wounded in the ensuing fire fighting against Indonesian Security forces. Police and armed forves right now conduct sweeping operation around the are to find possible armed suspects and explosive device theyve left
Good job although 12 innocents have lost their lives but still great job security forces. May ALLAH bless you and help you we are with you and we love all our Indonesian brothers. Sorry for your loss Pakistan stands with you and would help you if you ask for it.

472892_620.jpg
I'm confused, so there are two terrorist blend in the crowd, the one with black tshirt and one with blue t-shirt, the black t-shirt killed and the blue one shot the police?

@jhungary the terrorist seemed targeted at National Police officers, it was related to revenge vow voiced by some jihadi organizations like JI and East Indonesian Muslim movement whose member being hunted relentlessly and ruthlessly by Indonesian Police anti terror squads. I am afraid this attack is a prelude of the bigger one as this attack is clearly showing the gaps in our intelligent efforts and the implementation of intelligent evidence finding in the field by most of Indonesian stakeholder.

This attacks clearly gives serious messahes and point if even the National Capital can be attacked in broad day and how about the other cities whose security forces is not as tight as the Capital...

Gegana Bomb Squad Surrounding DJakarta Theater Building.

Kepung-Terorissdd-1.jpg

Gegana of the police force infiltrating into the Horizon building in Jalan Thamrin, Central Jakarta, (14/01/2016).

Kepung-Terorissdd-2.jpg

TNI troops joined forces with Gegana enter the Horizon building.

Kepung-Terorissdd-3.jpg

The terrorists hiding in the building.

Kepung-Terorissdd-4.jpg

Kepung-Terorissdd-5.jpg

Kepung-Terorissdd-6.jpg

Kepung-Terorissdd-7.jpg

Together with the military police officers had gone into the building to search for the alleged perpetrator was still inside the building which is called the Djakarta Theater.

Kepung-Terorissdd-8.jpg

At Starbucks, terrorist also had carry out attacks on civilians.

Thursday 14 Jan 2016 15:41 pm
Terror in Jakarta, the Government Confident MotoGP in 2017 and 2018 Asian Games Continues
detikSport

sarinah.jpg

Jakarta - Terror and a bomb blast in Jakarta today will raise the question of the readiness of Indonesia to host the Asian Games 2018. The government believes the plan continue.

"Whatever happens in Jakarta today, we condemn the terrorist atrocities of this. Police / Army certainly pursue and arrest the perpetrators. Tomorrow onwards we shall optimistic, courageous and confident that Indonesia remains ready to be a good host for the Asian Games 2018 , TAFISA The Sport for All Games 2016, and MotoGP 2017, "said Minister of Youth and Sports Imam Nahrawi via text message to reporters, Thursday (14/01/2016).

"We must have the courage to face every situation let alone the world has given credence to us. It remains to be running all the programs towards preparing to welcome the event and multievent and our distinguished guests," he added.

Imam also appealed to all people to dare to face any form of terror, and remained compact in preparing all international sporting event to be held in Indonesia.

"I asked the journalist friends to spread the spirit of daring to face terrorism because the city must be solid, compact and together meet the grand event of this sport. About the security forces have been working very quickly and certainly forward the intelligence apparatus must be more alert and spry again , "he added.

"This event became an important and valuable lessons for the security forces to maintain security, convenience for guests noble Indonesia," said Imam.

http://m.detik.com/sport/sport-lain...ntah-yakin-motogp-amp-asian-games-jalan-terus

RIP to all victim, the MO seems like they want to maximize casualty on both secondary target and first responder, any more information related to the attack yet?
Well it seems they planned to bomb the mall, there are 3-4 people halted by security before entering, and then being taken to police station, but the one exploded himself and two try to escape and then the police chase them, but they exploded themselves too as you see the video above me

@jhungary the terrorist seemed targeted at National Police officers, it was related to revenge vow voiced by some jihadi organizations like JI and East Indonesian Muslim movement whose member being hunted relentlessly and ruthlessly by Indonesian Police anti terror squads. I am afraid this attack is a prelude of the bigger one as this attack is clearly showing the gaps in our intelligent efforts and the implementation of intelligent evidence finding in the field by most of Indonesian stakeholder.

This attacks clearly gives serious messahes and point if even the National Capital can be attacked in broad day and how about the other cities whose security forces is not as tight as the Capital...

That's what I think as well, the MO suggested that they wait until the first responder responding to the incident and pull out a secondary strike, this tactics was used heavily during the IRA era when they oppose to the British rule and usually an universal indicator on an attack targeting government employee.

I am not sure about any further attack, as I did not see an end game here (problem is I can't see a reason for attack too) and the attack could also be related to the Turkey 2 days ago and in the Pakistan yesterday, and if this is so, then you are probably right, there will be a bigger attack coming, and not just in Indonesia but probably worldwide. Let's hope you guys beefing up the Intelligence network and security. once again, you have my condolence.

30265C3000000578-3398712-Photographs_of_social_media_show_smoke_coming_from_outside_a_Sta-a-70_1452748079860.jpg
Photographs of social media show smoke coming from outside a Starbucks coffee shop

3027B3E000000578-3398712-Large_pieces_of_glass_from_windows_at_the_Starbucks_cafe_in_Jaka-m-38_1452758919436.jpg

Large pieces of glass from windows at the Starbucks cafe in Jakarta are seen on the street after a bombing in the city

3027B3E400000578-3398712-The_damage_done_to_a_Starbucks_cafe_in_central_Jakarta_that_was_-m-39_1452758979079.jpg

The damage done to a Starbucks cafe in central Jakarta that was the target of a bombing attack on Thursday

30278A4900000578-3398712-An_Indonesian_policeman_stands_guard_in_front_of_a_blast_site_at-m-41_1452759088408.jpg

An Indonesian policeman stands guard in front of a blast site at the Indonesia capital Jakarta

Well it seems they planned to bomb the mall, there are 3-4 people halted by security before entering, and then being taken to police station, but the one exploded himself and two try to escape and then the police chase them, but they exploded themselves too as you see the video above me

Yes, it seems a lot like a secondary attack aimed at first responder.

But as I said to @madokafc above, I did not see the end game of this attack, and maybe it's in my end only (Probably you guys have a lot more information than me) I am lacking a lot of information so, I cannot say for sure

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom