What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

TNI Chief: Bilateral Ties With Singapore at Risk

A week after Indonesia announced the suspension of military cooperation with Australia in the wake of allegations of spying by Canberra, Jakarta said it could re-evaluate bilateral cooperation with other countries that had facilitated Australia in tapping into the mobile communications of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, his wife and senior cabinet ministers.

In a report by Indonesian news portal Republika.co.id, Indonesian Military (TNI) Chief Gen. Moeldoko said on Thursday that if Singapore was proven to have assisted Australia in its spying activities on Indonesian officials, the city-state had compromised trust between the two countries.

He emphasized that ties between countries should be grounded on solid trust and that any violation of such trust called for the re-evaluation of the relationship and any cooperation.

Singapore and South Korea recently emerged as “third parties” to an intelligence alliance named the “Five Eyes,” comprising the United States, Canada, Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

Documents leaked by US whistle-blower Edward Snowden and published in the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday detailed the alleged involvement of Singapore’s spy agency in tapping Internet and telecommunications traffic moving through the city-state.

Most of Indonesia’s Internet and telecom traffic runs through Singapore. The country’s biggest telecom operator, SingTel, is majority-owned by Temasek Holdings, the government’s investment arm, and includes former intelligence officials on its board of directors, SMH reported.

Yudhoyono said he had tasked the Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa to look into the matter.

“I’ve instructed the foreign minister to discuss the issue with ambassadors of the two countries,” Yudhoyono said.

According to the latest documents, the spying plot used to intercept Indonesian officials’ communications were also applied by Singapore to facilitate wiretapping on Malaysia, which on Tuesday summoned Singaporean officials to seek clarification on the allegations.

“We have no interest in doing anything that might harm our partners or the friendship between our two countries,” said Ong Keng Yong, Singapore’s high commissioner to Malaysia, in comments carried by the Straits Times newspaper.

“We have excellent bilateral relationship and cooperate closely on many matters of common interest.”

Wiranto, a former TNI chief and presidential candidate in next year’s polls, said the spying row had redefined the “methods of war” between nations.

“When it comes to the issue of wiretapping, it can be quite confusing. Australia would say ‘this is part of my defense strategy, we mean no harm,’” he said as quoted by Liputan6.com.

“We have just experienced it. It’s an unconventional definition of war.”

TNI Chief: Bilateral Ties With Singapore at Risk - The Jakarta Globe

Tapping happens in a war situation.......better to have close relationship with Moslem nations.

Tapping happens in a war situation.......better to have close relationship with Moslem nations.
And also you should have a really strong Air Force off at least 300 fighter jets along with at least 300000 strong army. Equipped with most modern tanks and artillery and other weapons and a navy which should have at least 26 frigates and destroyers with 12 submarines and 30 missile and torpedo boats @nufix

And also @madokafc

And also you should have a really strong Air Force off at least 300 fighter jets along with at least 300000 strong army. Equipped with most modern tanks and artillery and other weapons and a navy which should have at least 26 frigates and destroyers with 12 submarines and 30 missile and torpedo boats @nufix

And also @madokafc

Thanks for your support and attention........

Australia to Gift Hercules Aircraft to Indonesia Despite Cooperation Freeze

RAAF's C130H for Indonesian Air Force (photo : Bernard Proctor)

The Defence Minister says Australia's handover of an old C-130 Hercules to Indonesia will go ahead, despite cooperation being suspended between the two countries.

Defence Minister David Johnston says Australia's handover of an old C-130 Hercules to Indonesia will go ahead, despite cooperation being suspended between the two countries.
The aircraft flew over Darwin this afternoon and has had its Australian markings removed.
The Hercules has been repainted with flags and symbols of the TNI - the Indonesian military.
Australia originally intended to hand over the plane to the Indonesians at a ceremony this week at Williamtown in New South Wales.

That ceremony had been postponed in light of revelations that Australia attempted to spy on Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, his wife and senior ministers in 2009.
A spokesman for Senator Johnston says the C-130 handover will still go ahead.
He would not comment on whether another date had been set for the ceremony or if the aircraft is on its way to Indonesia.

Meanwhile, Indonesia's foreign minister says he has spoken to his Australian counterpart Julie Bishop about meeting to discuss rebuilding the two countries' relations.
Today Marty Natalegawa appeared before an Indonesian parliamentary commission that deals with foreign affairs.

Commission members want more details about a letter Prime Minister Tony Abbott wrote to the president vowing to never hurt Indonesia or the relationship again.
Dr Natalegawa says he is already looking to begin discussions.
"I've been already in touch with Minister Bishop to discuss about the first step, namely for the two of us to get together," he said.

He says a meeting is needed before protocols for future relations can be developed.
Indonesia says it will not restart cooperation on things like people smuggling until a new agreement is signed.

(ABC)

Indonesian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of active Indonesian Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Active Indonesian Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My Indonesian Brothers I was just doing some search about your Navy today so what I have found out is in next few years you will get 6 more Frigates and 3 Submarines at least the three submarines you will get from South Korea and 3 Adaa Class Corvettes which you have ordered from Turkey and 3 which of those which were sold to Bruni but Bruni sold to you and are being upgraded by UK so do you confirm it or their are some other frigates please tell me I would love to know @Reashot Xigwin @nufix @madokafc and @Indos waiting for your answers guys and give me answer after reading these three links which I have posted in this post

Indonesian Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of active Indonesian Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Active Indonesian Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My Indonesian Brothers I was just doing some search about your Navy today so what I have found out is in next few years you will get 6 more Frigates and 3 Submarines at least the three submarines you will get from South Korea and 3 Adaa Class Corvettes which you have ordered from Turkey and 3 which of those which were sold to Bruni but Bruni sold to you and are being upgraded by UK so do you confirm it or their are some other frigates please tell me I would love to know @Reashot Xigwin @nufix @madokafc and @Indos waiting for your answers guys and give me answer after reading these three links which I have posted in this post

im sorry adaa class? nope only 2 PKR frigate, 3 Subs from DSME,3 Nahkhoda ragam class and serveral KCR or FAST patrol boat equiped with chinese missile

ARMY WASH NEW LEOAPRD 2

b4s0.jpg

xcl5.jpg

Last edited:
im sorry adaa class? nope only 2 PKR frigate, 3 Subs from DSME,3 Nahkhoda ragam class and serveral KCR or FAST patrol boat equiped with chinese missile

ARMY WASH NEW LEOAPRD 2

b4s0.jpg

xcl5.jpg
Still good but need more Frigate and Destroyers and few more submarines

Man looks like a typical wash down the local Philippine army motor pool we catch up with you guys hey how's the local tank production coming along guys? Are you guys done testing or you guys ready for mass production yet?

Still good but need more Frigate and Destroyers and few more submarines

In 2014-2019 period, Indonesia Air force will build at least two more jet fighter squadrons, the candidate right now is Saab Grippen E/F, F-16 Block 60, Dassault Rafale, and Su-35 BM. And i had tell you before, Indonesia too considering to accept grants of second hand F-16 ex USANG. And Indonesia will purchase more LIFT aircraft, it is either Yak-130 or T-50 from South Korea. Indonesia too will purchase more secondhand C-130 H Hercules, Norway and US had propose their stock before Indonesia consider to get it from Australia. Indonesia too in this phase, will bought land based SAM battery systems to build two Anti-Aircraft and Missile battalion.

For the army, the plans is to acquire more Choppers for our Helo Squadrons (and likely it will be more Bell 412 EP) and our Army will buy at least one squadron of Ch-47's Chinook. The plans is to acquire more APC like Anoa2, more IFV like Marder 1A3's and more MBT like Leopard2's. In this phase too, likely we will add more 155 calibre howitzer and more MLRS like Astros2.

For the Navy, we will add more ASW helos, more MPA Aircraft like CN 235, more Fregates (maybe secondhand unit), and our navy is considering to accept the grant offer of Kilos Class submarine from Russia. And the marines will get more toys, like more BMP3F, more BTR units, more amphibious landing vehicle like LVT7A, more arty systems, more than three battalion of MLRS units.

And one more thing, i hope economically our country can grow further, so we can afford those expensive toys.

In 2014-2019 period, Indonesia Air force will build at least two more jet fighter squadrons, the candidate right now is Saab Grippen E/F, F-16 Block 60, Dassault Rafale, and Su-35 BM. And i had tell you before, Indonesia too considering to accept grants of second hand F-16 ex USANG. And Indonesia will purchase more LIFT aircraft, it is either Yak-130 or T-50 from South Korea. Indonesia too will purchase more secondhand C-130 H Hercules, Norway and US had propose their stock before Indonesia consider to get it from Australia. Indonesia too in this phase, will bought land based SAM battery systems to build two Anti-Aircraft and Missile battalion.

For the army, the plans is to acquire more Choppers for our Helo Squadrons (and likely it will be more Bell 412 EP) and our Army will buy at least one squadron of Ch-47's Chinook. The plans is to acquire more APC like Anoa2, more IFV like Marder 1A3's and more MBT like Leopard2's. In this phase too, likely we will add more 155 calibre howitzer and more MLRS like Astros2.

For the Navy, we will add more ASW helos, more MPA Aircraft like CN 235, more Fregates (maybe secondhand unit), and our navy is considering to accept the grant offer of Kilos Class submarine from Russia. And the marines will get more toys, like more BMP3F, more BTR units, more amphibious landing vehicle like LVT7A, more arty systems, more than three battalion of MLRS units.

And one more thing, i hope economically our country can grow further, so we can afford those expensive toys.
Only two more that is a joke look at your population and look at the size of your land which you have to defend and look at the situation which is going to become worse in your region you need to have more than 300 Fighter jets of 4.5 Generation at least by 2020

not that fast, but i am too wonder, why in the past we doesn't build a strong air force, right now is too damn late but not too late to catching up with other regional power like Australia and Singapore.

not that fast, but i am too wonder, why in the past we doesn't build a strong air force, right now is too damn late but not too late to catching up with other regional power like Australia and Singapore.
Yes you can catch fast because these countries will never make much bigger Air Force but you should go for 300 Fighter Jets at least

Bro! Singapore is Economical Power but not a Military power. We have very limited resources in our country. We do have one of the finest navy and Air-force but limited in numbers. Singapore Navy is mainly focussed on protecting trade route which happens to be our blood line.

Yes you can catch fast because these countries will never make much bigger Air Force but you should go for 300 Fighter Jets at least
Why do they need so much? In ASEAN, we don't have any Arms race like in other places.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom