What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Yes military power without a strong Air Force Man singapore is more stronger than you guys

TNI, in this case TNI AU (Air Force) and the Mindef already know this. That's why they are reinforcing their capabilities. but it takes time and needs to be done step by step. right now the priority is creating more pilots, it's useless if you bought hundred of fighters but doesn't have enough pilot. Plus the budget are also limited. That is why the government didn't acquire hundred's of fighters like what you are suggesting. Instead, in recent year most of their acquisition are trainers and a small number of fighters. Because they realize that right now, training pilots are more urgent. in recent years (MEF I - Minimum Essential Force I) the air force acquired :

18 KAI KT-1B Intermediate trainer
16 KAI T-50GE LIFT
16 TP-120 Grob Basic Trainer
24 F-16C/D (grant, to be upgraded & modernized)
12 SU-30Mk.2 & SU-27SKM
16 EMB-314 Super Tucano
10 C-130H Hercules (4 Grant from Australia, 6 bought second hand)
9 C-295
6 EC-725 Super Cougar for CSAR
3 CN-235 MPA
11 EC-120 B

That's quite a lot for a timespan of less than 5 years. so the government and mindef are actually giving the airforce more budget that the army. But because equipment for the army are a lot cheaper, the army can get more weapon system with less budget.

TNI, in this case TNI AU (Air Force) and the Mindef already know this. That's why they are reinforcing their capabilities. but it takes time and needs to be done step by step. right now the priority is creating more pilots, it's useless if you bought hundred of fighters but doesn't have enough pilot. Plus the budget are also limited. That is why the government didn't acquire hundred's of fighters like what you are suggesting. Instead, in recent year most of their acquisition are trainers and a small number of fighters. Because they realize that right now, training pilots are more urgent. in recent years (MEF I - Minimum Essential Force I) the air force acquired :

18 KAI KT-1B Intermediate trainer
16 KAI T-50GE LIFT
16 TP-120 Grob Basic Trainer
24 F-16C/D (grant, to be upgraded & modernized)
12 SU-30Mk.2 & SU-27SKM
16 EMB-314 Super Tucano
10 C-130H Hercules (4 Grant from Australia, 6 bought second hand)
9 C-295
6 EC-725 Super Cougar for CSAR
3 CN-235 MPA
11 EC-120 B

That's quite a lot for a timespan of less than 5 years. so the government and mindef are actually giving the airforce more budget that the army. But because equipment for the army are a lot cheaper, the army can get more weapon system with less budget.

What you got is nothing Sir you need a lot more few of them are trainer fighter sir no a little strong army can take them down you haven't received F-16 yet 24 is good but you need a lot more F-16 and also you need a lot more Sukhoi 30 at least 100 of them along wit 200 more 4.5 Generation planes

Yes military power without a strong Air Force Man singapore is more stronger than you guys

we need a lot of time to train hundreds of Pilot to man hundreds of Jet Fighter :cheers: Pakistan Air Force itself need more than 4 decades to reach what they are achieve this day, am i right? And i think Indonesia Air Force will accomplishes those near impossible task in just mere 2 decades if Allah let us, and i believe we will.

Indonesia armed Forces back in 60 decades, credit to Mr. Newbiesaklawase

5800207_20130908123604.jpg

Tu 16 bomber fleet
5800207_20130908124435.jpg

5800207_20130908125051.jpg

5800207_20130908125105.jpg

5800207_20130908125117.jpg

5800207_20130908125227.jpg

5800207_20130908125542.jpg

5800207_20130908125738.jpg

National Parade

5800207_20130908081439.jpg

5800207_20130908081724.jpg

we need a lot of time to train hundreds of Pilot to man hundrbieds of Jet Fighter :cheers: Pakistan Air Force itself need more than 4 decades to reach what they are achieve this day, am i right? And i think Indonesia Air Force will accomplishes those near impossible task in just mere 2 decades if Allah let us, and i believe we will.

Sir you didn't became independent yesterday or few years back still with in few years of our independence we build an air force quite bigger than what you have these days

Sir you didn't became independent yesterday or few years back still with in few years of our independence we build an air force quite bigger than what you have these days

"It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war."

Indonesia enjoy significant peace with its neighbours since the inception of ASEAN. With no perceived external threat, building air force and navies are not a priority.

However, with recent escalation in South China Sea, especially the recent military excersie of PLA to James Shoal near the Indonesian Natuna, Indonesia begin to increase its military spending.

"It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war."

Indonesia enjoy significant peace with its neighbours since the inception of ASEAN. With no perceived external threat, building air force and navies are not a priority.

However, with recent escalation in South China Sea, especially the recent military excersie of PLA to James Shoal near the Indonesian Natuna, Indonesia begin to increase its military spending.

Living in your dreams of peace the day you face war you have noting to protect yourselves Sir I love my Muslim brothers of Indonesia that is I want to see it having strongest forces in the world along with other Muslim countries Sir and your Air Force really needs lot of Figther Jets and stop living in false dreams of peace war can happen anytime and your region can turn into war zone can be just not very far away

Indonesia right now will stand alone and gaining the most benefit the other countries like Australia, Japan, Cambodia and Vietnam can't, like balancing those two power (China and US) sphere of influences in South Chinese Sea issue without being seen by others claimant as other nations puppet or right hand.

Defence Budget, i think just about 6 years ago, we had a defense budget totaling about little than 3 billion US dollar
And FYI, Indonesia defense budget in 2013 is numbering about 8,2 billion US dollar.

BTW, You want to trolling Indonesian members here by rising East Timor Issue?
You got F16 from USA for FREE, there are reason why USA give Indonesia Free weapons, which I dont think Indonesia can stand alone without help from other countries. Any way Indonesia are doing very good at gaining benefits from USA and China.

2 S. Korean trainer jets leave for Indonesia in first export

2013/09/10 10:27
By Kim Kwang-tae

1551209_20130910083241.jpg

SACHEON, South Korea, Sept. 10 (Yonhap) -- Two South Korean military jets left for Indonesia on Tuesday in the country's first export of the supersonic trainer, officials said.

The move came two years after Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd. (KAI), the country's sole aircraft maker, signed a US$400 million deal to export 16 T-50i trainer jets to the Southeast Asian country, KAI officials said.

South Korea has become the sixth country in the world to export supersonic jets following the United States, Russia, Britain, France and Sweden, they said.

The two trainer jets will make a stopover in Taiwan and the Philippines for refueling before landing on Iswahyudi Air Force base in Indonesia on Wednesday, according to the KAI.

1551209_20130910083439.jpg

The KAI said 14 other jets are scheduled to be delivered to Indonesia in seven separate occasions by December, four months ahead of schedule.

Ha Sung-yong, president and CEO of KAI, said that his company is pushing to sell T-50 jets to the Philippines, Iraq and Poland, though he sounded a cautious note over the possible exports.

1551209_20130910083446.jpg

He said the recent crash of a T-50 trainer during a routine training mission in South Korea did not have any big impact on export, though it damaged KAI's image.

Senior air force and KAI officials left for Indonesia and the Philippines to notify that there were no mechanical failures behind the Aug. 28 crash that killed two pilots, citing analysis of the black box from the doomed plane, according to the KAI.

Ha also said KAI's consultations with Canada's Bombardier Inc. on joint development of a 90-seat turboprop passenger plane did not go well.

"We thought Bombardier a strategic partner, but it was not appropriate for us," Ha told reporters on Monday at the company's headquarters in Sacheon, about 440 kilometers south of Seoul. He did not give further details on Bombardier.

He said his company is considering new projects with Boeing Co. and Airbus, though he did not elaborate.

Another KAI official said the planned strategic tie-up unraveled as "Bombardier asked us to provide parts instead of jointly developing a midsize turboprop plane." He asked not to be identified, citing the issue's sensitivity.

A call to Bombardier seeking comment went unanswered on Tuesday.

entropy@yna.co.kr

(END)

2 S. Korean trainer jets leave for Indonesia in first export

You got F16 from USA for FREE, there are reason why USA give Indonesia Free weapons, which I dont think Indonesia can stand alone without help from other countries. Any way Indonesia are doing very good at gaining benefits from USA and China.

Which Indonesia didn't request, there is a difference between asking and accepting offer. And Indonesia paid USD 700 million for upgrades. Indonesia's economic figure can withstand the purchase and maintenance of 200-400 pure fighter jets, but the assholes in Parliament are some kind of pacifist and keep on pushing the budget under 1 percent of GDP.

Which Indonesia didn't request, there is a difference between asking and accepting offer. And Indonesia paid USD 700 million for upgrades. Indonesia's economic figure can withstand the purchase and maintenance of 200-400 pure fighter jets, but the assholes in Parliament are some kind of pacifist and keep on pushing the budget under 1 percent of GDP.

sometimes i wish Malaysia or China just bombing Borneo or Natuna and declare war to our people, to give our military leaders a pretext to build up our military posture. But i think Indonesia just taking a right path to build up their military posture step by step while maintaining our budget keep balance and support the growth of our Industrial sectors (especially automotive, Steel, oil refinery, Bio diesel industry, Nickel, Lead, aluminium, engines industry, explosive industries, aviation, agro industry, shipbuilding etc.) to support our strategic industries sector.

Indonesian Air Force's T50is are ready to be heading for Indonesian Air Force Headquarter, Iswahjudin AFB, Madiun-Indonesia.

1240419_375085182594940_1362125510_n.jpg

1185523_375017189268406_615422277_n.jpg

6ve0.jpg

565053_375016879268437_1430997579_n.jpg

1238006_375017332601725_1808752479_n.jpg

971827_10201383772089992_928207660_n.jpg

1235066_374981022605356_337134689_n.jpg

999209_374981189272006_1642834656_n.jpg

sometimes i wish Malaysia or China just bombing Borneo or Natuna and declare war to our people, to give our military leaders a pretext to build up our military posture. But i think Indonesia just taking a right path to build up their military posture step by step while maintaining our budget keep balance and support the growth of our Industrial sectors (especially automotive, Steel, oil refinery, Bio diesel industry, Nickel, Lead, aluminium, engines industry, explosive industries, aviation, agro industry, shipbuilding etc.) to support our strategic industries sector.

hehehe that's right... if Indonesia never faced a threat from external like now, our forces will never grow up, but there is a good think behind that.just like tante madokfc said before ,in this peace era,we should prioritize our infrastructure, and Industry,public transport, etc ^_^

Indonesia signs for Thales TACTICOS system

10 September 2013 - 16:58 by Jonathan Tringham in London

sigma00.jpgbf858752-0a9a-47ac-af03-aef85c37a52aLarge.jpg

The Indonesian Navy has purchased the latest version of the Thales TACTICOS combat management system, to be installed on its new Perusak Kawal Rudal (PKR) Sigma Class Corvette.

Speaking at the DSEI conference in London, Boudewijn Geerink, business development manager, naval systems for Thales, told journalists that Indonesia had signed a formal contract for the MK4 system for its new frigate, with the probable option for a second at a later date.

The SIGMA 10514 guided missile frigate was purchased by Indonesia in 2012 as part of a modernisation of the Indonesian Navy, and is slated for delivery in 2016. It follows on from four SIGMA Corvettes previously purchased for the TNI AL.

TACTICOS is a family of modular combat management systems, matched to a variety of mission profiles and vessel types. The MK4 is the most recent iteration, and features a new single screen console and enhanced graphical software.

Geerink explained the 30 inch single screen console is designed to provide an optimal viewing range for the human eye, and provides a graphical way of interacting with the common controls.

‘With the new MK4 system, both maritime security and combat operations can be performed from a single console. The MK4 is more intuitive and meets young officer’s interaction standards. In addition, training emphasis is moved from ‘button training’ to tactical training,’ said Geerink

TACTICOS technology is already used on board more than 160 ships (from small patrol craft to full-size frigates and destroyers) operated by 20 navies.

Those include the US Navy as well as navies in Asia, Europe, the Gulf region, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa.

DSEI 2013: Indonesia signs for Thales TACTICOS system - News - Shephard

SCANTER 4100 Selected for Mid-Life Modernization of Indonesian Navy Warship

Terma’s SCANTER 4100 radar has been selected by Ultra for integration on the first of the Fatahillah Class corvettes.

DSEi 2013, London - Ultra Electronics Command and Control Systems has been contracted by the Republic of Indonesia’s Ministry of Defence for the mid-life modernisation of the first of the Fatahillah Class corvettes.

Terma’s SCANTER 4100 radar has been selected by Ultra for integration as part of the new Combat System. Terma and Ultra expect to finalize negotiations this autumn.

The SCANTER 4100 systems are considered technologically state-of-the-art and equipped with the newest software and electronics resulting in significant improved performance shared with the SCANTER 6000 radars.

The radar supports operation of both UAVs and helicopters and provides unsurpassed small target detection – in close range and up until the radar horizon in all weather conditions. Air targets are detected to 96 nm and sea skimming missiles as they meet the radar horizon. The SCANTER 4100s high resolution pictures offer unique situational awareness for all missions from Search and Rescue to missile detection.

DSEI 2013: DNA Tracker wins network monitoring contract - News - Shephard

Back
Top Bottom