What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

typhoon is VERY expensive. have you checked how much it costs per unit and operational cost per hour?
besides, the jet has no stealth, was designed to take on MIG-29 during the cold war.

Another option:

Get Russia as a consultant of our STEALTH fighter experiment. Some money that will be saved by choosing Su 35 ( cheaper than others) can be used to continue LFX-2 program, thus it will give much benefit to our engineers (mostly for the youngest generation) to improve their designing capability in fighter development.

Russia needs to give those TOT in advance instead.

lapan5.jpg

lfx-lapan.jpg

typhoon is VERY expensive. have you checked how much it costs per unit and operational cost per hour?
besides, the jet has no stealth, was designed to take on MIG-29 during the cold war.

It's been Airbus Military to made the offer to us, not vice versa, as we had giving our requirements and budget for open tender. Airbus Military, Dassault or Lockheed Martin will not bother to trying to woo a country who doesn't have money at all .......................

It seems that Eurofighter become more interesting, if Russia doesnt offer similar TOT like Eurofighter, I prefer Eurofighter............

Google Translate :p:

If Eurofighter is selected, Indonesia would be the "Base Production" of the Jets After Europe

Eurofighter Masterclass held in 2015 is to promote their superiority fighter aircraft production. The event was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Jl. MH Thamrin, Central Jakarta, Tuesday, April 14, 2015 yesterday. JKGR team was invited to this exciting event.

Pilih%2BEurofighter%2C%2BIndonesia%2Bbakal%2BMenjadi%2B%E2%80%9CBasis%E2%80%9D%2BPesawat%2BTempur%2BSetelah%2BEropa.jpg

Attending the ceremony, Director of Export Eurofighter Joe Parker, Capability Development Manager, Paul Smith, Head of Industrial Offset Eurofighter Martin Elbourne, and Laurie Hilditch, Head of future capabilities Eurofighter. In the meeting, Joe Parker said that if the Indonesian government choose the Eurofighter, it will help the development of Indonesian fighter aircraft technology.

"We will build a design center including the construction of joint manufacture. We will prepare the assembly line, increasing the ability of the Indonesian aircraft engineers to design and produce fighter jets independently, " according to Joe.

Meanwhile, Head of Industrial Offset Eurofighter Martin Elbourne, for the initial stage it will bring Indonesian engineers in this case PT. DI to learn in combat aircraft manufacturer production of four countries: England, Germany, Italy, and Spain.

"We will teach a few years there before they go back and apply their technology in Indonesia. In addition to the facilities built with PT DI, it can help IFX project through this benefit. In essence, Indonesia will not lose if it chooses Eurofighter, "he said.

He also explained that the provision of Transfer of Technology (ToT) provided it does not mess around. Indonesia will be the Eurofighter combat aircraft production base in addition to the four countries. This opportunity to make Indonesia as the Assembly Line outside of Europe.

"Look at our track record to Indonesia, NC-212, CN-235 are some examples of how the PT DI successfully mengexportnya to several other countries. So remember, this is not the first time we provide ToT for Indonesia. To note, we have developed a serious train fighter now that Indonesia does not have, "added Martin.

Transfer of Technology of the Eurofighter Typhoon, can be said to be an advancement for the military and the nation of Indonesia. Ease of maintenance of fighter aircraft, to the mastery of technology in sight Includes engine technology.

As we know, some NATO countries are reluctant to share the Transfer of Technology (ToT) their fighter jet engine, the non-NATO countries. With this step, the KFX fighter jet engine / IFX Indonesia later, not necessarily the same as the fighter jet engine KFX / IFX South Korea are likely to use the F-414-400 engine United States.

With the purchase of Eurofighter Typhoon by the Air Force, it is likely that IFX Indonesia will use the same machine that carried typhoon.

In his presentation in South Korea, PT DI said, KFX / IFX constructed had a great impetus. It is to pursue technology that carries IFX ability Gen 4.5 which continues to be developed into a stealth aircraft Gen 5.

Typhoon has advantages compared thrust Dassault Rafale. EJ-200 engine is able to maintain its high speed, thus providing superior acceleration Typhoon post 1.5 Mach. Compared Rafale, Although the Rafale M88 machine can function both in airflow at high altitude, the aircraft will lose power which limits the Rafale at a speed of Mach 1.8 to 1.9 only, while still powerful Typhoon passes through Mach 2 speed.

Excellence Typhoon EJ200 engine a great asset for Indonesia to develop advanced fighter aircraft IFX. If later Typhoon is selected, it is possible that Indonesia is to be self-sufficient in jets technology.

Eurofighter Typhoon production in 2014 has began equipping AESA radar (active electronically scanned array) which is a new sensor technology leap in fighter aircraft, because the power source (transmitter) is derived from many TR modules contained in the antenna. The effect of this fighter plane has a high detection capability, targeting, tracking and self-protection capabilities. Thus this aircraft has the ability to full spectrum of water operations.

Pilih Eurofighter, Indonesia bakal Menjadi "Basis" Pesawat Tempur Setelah Eropa - JakartaGreater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russia Please Offer The Same :taz:, or we will choose Eurofighter Tranche 3 INSTEAD :confused:

Look, any one that will win in this tender has a benefit to be our IFX partner in the future :super:

A squadron or two of Eurofighters would be perfect, its good to diversify offensive platforms anyways. Besides Indonesia has a history of operating Anerican and Russian systems simultaneously.

A squadron or two of Eurofighters would be perfect, its good to diversify offensive platforms anyways. Besides Indonesia has a history of operating Anerican and Russian systems simultaneously.

It is likely about who can benefit our KFX/IFX program. There is some ones powerful there who can delay our decision to induct Su 35 even though our Defense Minister has already preferred Su 35. To make the picture rather clear now, we all know that Rafale present in Jakarta and Madiun ( F-16 base) is because of PT Dirgantara invitation, and Eurofighter will also present his whole package in PT Dirgantara.

Maybe General Safrie Samsudin, he has a strategic thinking and pro domestic industry I guest

Sjafrie_Sjamsoeddin.jpg

After 2024, Indonesia should be huge in military power.The future situation just force us to do so. We should be a region stabilizer. It is impossible to be like that without producing our own fighter. The success of KFX/IFX program is also good for our region.

Last edited:
It is likely about who can benefit our KFX/IFX program. There is some ones powerful there who can delay our decision to induct Su 35 even though our Defense Minister has already preferred Su 35. To make the picture rather clear now, we all know that Rafale present in Jakarta and Madiun ( F-16 base) is because of PT Dirgantara invitation, and Eurofighter will also present his whole package in PT Dirgantara.

Maybe General Safrie Samsudin, he has a strategic thinker and pro domestic industry I guest

Sjafrie_Sjamsoeddin.jpg

After 2024, Indonesia should be huge in military power.The future situation just force us to do so. We should be a region stabilizer. It is impossible to be like that without producing our own fighter. The success of KFX/IFX program is also good for our region.

And what I am very interested in seeing is that Indonesian industry is developing R&D with other established foreign defense industries; from naval , air, ground. Its actually good to see the maturation of Indonesian defense industry and defense systems by its partnership program. One company that I've been doing some following is PT Lundin, and its recent cooperation with Sweden's SAAB. :)

Maybe General Safrie Samsudin, he has a strategic thinker and pro domestic industry I guest

Sjafrie_Sjamsoeddin.jpg

At first I prefer the SU 35 but later on I think Eurofighter with capor E is a better choice. I would say Captor E is the best AESA radar and comparable to F 22 radar. I even think its better than Irbis E.

The problem may be the cost of Eurofighter. It costs almost as expensive as F-35A at $150m.
If the TOT include airframe, avionic and Engine, Eurofighter should have been taken.
The good news is the EURO is weakening. If the price is in EUR we should consider the Typhoon.

The bad news is we just wasted $800m to buy this F-16 JUNK. it can be used to buy 9 SU 35 instead and then the F 5 replacement we select the Typhoon Captor E. So we have both SU 35 and Typhoon.

Whose idea is it to purchase the 24 F-16 JUNK???

Last edited:
At first I prefer the SU 35 but later on I think Eurofighter with capor E is a better choice. I would say Captor E is the best AESA radar and comaparable to F 22 radar. I even think its better than Irbis E.

The problem may be the cost of Eurofighter. It costs almost as expensive as F-35A at $150m.
If the TOT include airframe, avionic and Engine, Eurofighter should have been taken.
The good news is the EURO is weakening. If the price is in EUR we should consider the Typhoon.

In term of engine, we have some engineers at LAPAN who study that. The thing that is problematic is that there is no industry that will back that engine program by starting to build ones and selling it to civil market. For me, it is better for us to start making toys company under LAPAN. Design and make small turbojet to make small aircraft ( Radio Control ), and export it to Australia and western countries where so many rich people already consider it as their hobby.

@madokafc :ph34r:

In term of engine, we have some engineers at LAPAN who study that. The thing that is problematic is that there is no industry that will back that engine program by starting to build ones and selling it to civil market. For me, it is better for us to start making toys company under LAPAN. Design and make small turbojet to make small aircraft ( Radio Control ), and export it to Australia and western countries where so many rich people already consider it as their hobby.

@madokafc :ph34r:
Good idea. We should first learn to make RC engine. From RC then go to UCAV after that then the IFX. Still a looong way to go.

At first I prefer the SU 35 but later on I think Eurofighter with capor E is a better choice. I would say Captor E is the best AESA radar and comparable to F 22 radar. I even think its better than Irbis E.

The bad news is we just wasted $800m to buy this F-16 JUNK. it can be used to buy 9 SU 35 instead and then the F 5 replacement we select the Typhoon Captor E. So we have both SU 35 and Typhoon.

From what idea you can said those are junks? are you an expert? are you the pilot? are you part of the investigation teams who working to find the truth about those incident?

Mind your language before speaking, retard

IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THOSE PROCUREMENT PROGRAMME AND THE POLITICS BEHIND IT!! SHUT YOUR YAP OUT

In 2004, Indo Air force are in concern because we just have few Sukhois to guard our vast airspace, and we're lacking budget to buy new airplanes. Fortunately, US came in and offer us 24 fighters + refurbished for only $700m, and that junk F-16 has been upgraded to block 52 before they being shipped here.

The condition in 2015 now is very different than 2004, we have budget to buy new and build its infrastructure. SO please don't use hash words, those F-16 still worth it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom