What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Yes, 50 million is too cheap and actually, at that time it was expected that it would be a single engine aircraft, but now its a dual engine, so right there it will cost quite a few extra millions.

What engine will be used?

Nope, it has already been projected to have double engine from the start. All of the design tested use double engines already. Single engine idea came out later from KIA side, after C-103 design had already been approved by South Korean and Indonesian team in the first phase of development that ended at December 2012.

Nope, it has already been projected to have double engine from the start. All of the design tested use double engines already. Single engine idea came out later from KIA side, after C-103 design had already been approved by South Korean and Indonesian team in the first phase of development that ended at December 2012.

Oh interesting. Good to know. Then that price is a bargain man.

What engine will be used?

2 × F414-GE-400K/EPE or EJ200afterburningturbofan

Well for me, Indonesian side, I hope we can have our own engine tender, so we can include Russian one for our KFX version (IFX) engine option, plus getting TOT from that tender.

Well, those engines are not cheap, right there you have many millions just on engines.
I think Madokafc price range of 80-90 million makes sense.

Engine tech is one hell of a complicated thing, its not easy to master that, India is still struggling with that, china too.

I dont think Israeli has something to do with these. It is more of USA itself. Dont forget we operate their UAV and upgraded our hawk with the israeli ( operation alpha ) . Israel is the least stingy country regarding TOT. They helped China to build J10, help india to build barak SAM.

China and India are nations who are recognizing Israel as a state. If just selling product to us, I bet there are no problem on their part, but they will not share any sensitive technology to us. Indonesian is a pro Palestinian country from the very beginning, fighting for Palestinian cause in diplomatic scene since long time ago. We are not regarded by them as a friendly nation, neither us on them. So China and India is a very different case in this matter.

China and India are nations who are recognizing Israel as a state. If just selling product to us, I bet there are no problem on their part, but they will not share any sensitive technology to us. Indonesian is a pro Palestinian country from the very beginning, fighting for Palestinian cause in diplomatic scene since long time ago. We are not regarded by them as a friendly nation, neither us on them. So China and India is a very different case in this matter.

Please don't bring Israel-Palestinian issue and Indonesian support for Palestinian, as i know the Israel is not making a fuss about that at all as long as you are conduct business with them fairly and abide by rules. Even till now Indonesian Armed Forces continue to bought a lot of weapon and communication system from Israel companies most directly. You want to visit their representative office in Jakarta? i can give you their address and you can ask a lot from them directly. In contrary to popular believe, the Israel is instead trying to have a close relationship with us because of our moderate view and tendency as a peace deal broker, and giving full support for Indonesian cause in several occasion in the past.

Hahha, Vietnam trained Palestinian polices and Vietnam still buy Israeli weapons.

Hahha, Vietnam trained Palestinian polices and Vietnam still buy Israeli weapons.

Indonesian has some emotional feeling with Palestinian 8-), personally even I have a crush with a pretty Palestinian-Malay girl before, during my family gathering, I hope she still remember me :partay:

You seems to train Fatah police, no way you are able to train Hamas brigade :toast_sign:

Please don't bring Israel-Palestinian issue and Indonesian support for Palestinian, as i know the Israel is not making a fuss about that at all as long as you are conduct business with them fairly and abide by rules. Even till now Indonesian Armed Forces continue to bought a lot of weapon and communication system from Israel companies most directly. You want to visit their representative office in Jakarta? i can give you their address and you can ask a lot from them directly. In contrary to popular believe, the Israel is instead trying to have a close relationship with us because of our moderate view and tendency as a peace deal broker, and giving full support for Indonesian cause in several occasion in the past.

What weapon systems is Indonesia buying from Israel?

What weapon systems is Indonesia buying from Israel?

mostly radar and electronic warfare equipment and we used them in ships and Indonesian made MPA aircraft

then UAV like Heron and IAI Searcher too

Arie Egozi 12/2/2012

Israeli defense industries have been given the green light to offer certain military systems to Indonesia – the world’s largest Muslim country. Representatives from Israel’s defense industries will meet Indonesian defense establishment representatives at the international air exhibition set to take place next week in Singapore, in order to promote deals that are on the agenda.

According to foreign publications, Israel previously sold about 30 Skyhawk aircraft used by the IAF to the Indonesian air force during the 1980s after undergoing upgrades in Israel. Since then, according to foreign publications, Indonesia procured various weapon systems from Israeli companies.

Several Israeli companies have recently been given permission to offer their products to Indonesia. The products in question are UAVs, observation systems, various electronic systems, and more. It seems that Indonesia's defense budgets are quite significant, and that its military is undergoing a process of renovation, which opens up many possibilities to the Israeli defense industries.

Any deal, or even the presentation of products before Indonesian representatives, necessitates advanced approval by the Israeli defense establishment. However, as mentioned, a number of such approvals have been recently granted. Several possible deals will be proposed during the meetings planned this week in Singapore. A source close to the issue said that at this initial stage, there’s potential for tens of millions of dollars to be made.

דף בית | Israel Defense

mostly radar and electronic warfare equipment and we used them in ships and Indonesian made MPA aircraft

then UAV like Heron and IAI Searcher too

Arie Egozi 12/2/2012

Israeli defense industries have been given the green light to offer certain military systems to Indonesia – the world’s largest Muslim country. Representatives from Israel’s defense industries will meet Indonesian defense establishment representatives at the international air exhibition set to take place next week in Singapore, in order to promote deals that are on the agenda.

According to foreign publications, Israel previously sold about 30 Skyhawk aircraft used by the IAF to the Indonesian air force during the 1980s after undergoing upgrades in Israel. Since then, according to foreign publications, Indonesia procured various weapon systems from Israeli companies.

Several Israeli companies have recently been given permission to offer their products to Indonesia. The products in question are UAVs, observation systems, various electronic systems, and more. It seems that Indonesia's defense budgets are quite significant, and that its military is undergoing a process of renovation, which opens up many possibilities to the Israeli defense industries.

Any deal, or even the presentation of products before Indonesian representatives, necessitates advanced approval by the Israeli defense establishment. However, as mentioned, a number of such approvals have been recently granted. Several possible deals will be proposed during the meetings planned this week in Singapore. A source close to the issue said that at this initial stage, there’s potential for tens of millions of dollars to be made.

דף בית | Israel Defense

Very interesting :tup:

South African Wants a Closer Defence Cooperation Based On Similarity

Jakarta DMC - South Africa intends to carry out cooperation in defense more closely with Indonesia on an equal basis. The similarity of the two countries both sides of history, culture, and economic power and the largest military force in the region of Africa and Southeast Asia.As stated by the South African Ambassador to Indonesia, PA. Sifuba, Thursday (2/4) at the Ministry of Defense Office, Jakarta during a meeting with the Minister of Defence, Ryamizard Ryacudu

Ambassador said, especially defense cooperation Indonesia and South Africa has been based on the signing of the MoU which was carried out in 2008. Cooperation running from time to time and marked each visit some defense officials and defense industry groups from the two countries.According to Ambassador Sifuba, South Africa has the competence in the field of defense industry a strong and modern as well as produce a good military. "Some countries in Africa and the Middle East have also been used, as well as including to assist Indonesia in the interests of the UN peacekeeping mission," said South African ambassador who served in Indonesia since early 2014.

The sidelines of the conversation, the Ambassador gave appreciation to the defense policy issued by the Minister of Defence one of the strategies to strengthen the maritime axis in the region of Indonesia. In connection with it, according to Ambassador, South Africa had a pretty good experience and a fairly strong maritime industry, by the basis of the South Africa wanted to share experiences and knowledge with Indonesia.On the occasion of the meeting, Ambassador Sifuba convey to the Minister of Defence, that the South African President Jacob Zuma is set to be a state visit to Indonesia and attended the Asia-Africa Conference 60th held on 19-24 April 2015 in Jakarta and Bandung.

When the state visit of President of South Africa also wants to visit some military equipment industry in Indonesia. This visit is intended to seek opportunities to improve defense cooperation relations between the two countries.While the South African Defence Minister Nosiviwe Naluthando Mapisa-Nqakula that will accompany the President of South Africa is also scheduled to pay a courtesy call to the Minister of Defense RI.

The meeting between the Minister of Defense used to discuss issues of common interest to strengthen bilateral relations and the Indonesian government of South Africa.Meanwhile, the Indonesian Defence Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu responds very well on the South African Defense Minister plans visit to Indonesia's. He said he would schedule a second meeting of the Minister of Defence and to develop discussion materials that will be discussed during the visit of the South African Defence Minister later. Defence Minister, Ryamizard Ryacudu hope the meeting can run well. (MAW / SAS).

DEFENCE MEDIA CENTER / PPID

6929559_20150402110754.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom