What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Is the aircraft completely built in Indonesia, or still with imported parts (not including engine)? I hope that Vietnam will buy your aircraft.
manufakturCN295.jpg

credit: MrBhass @kaskus

Is the aircraft completely built in Indonesia, or still with imported parts (not including engine)? I hope that Vietnam will buy your aircraft.

Everything is built in Indonesia, except the engine though and avionics, the engine is still imported from Pratt & Whitney using two turboprop PW 127G and the avionics are from Honeywell, both EADS CASA and PT DI are doing cross manufacturing for CN 295 as each company works with similar blueprints. But Indonesia is working for copies through reverse engineering for avionics, and hopefully soon for engines.

Vietnam, Indonesia to boost defense ties
18:41, May 27, 2013

HANOI, May 27 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam and Indonesia should establish a strategic dialogue on national defense policy at deputy ministerial level to realize their 2010 cooperation Memorandum of Understanding, said Vietnamese Defense Minister Phung Quang Thanh.

The defense official made the proposal at a reception for Sjafrie Sjamsoeddin, Deputy Minister of National Defense of Indonesia, in Vietnam's capital Hanoi on Monday, reported state- owned Voice of Vietnam.

For his part, Sjamsoeddin said that Indonesia has established a training centre for its peacekeeping force and is willing to share its experience with Vietnam in the field.

The two sides agreed on the need to enhance the exchange of officers at all levels and cooperation in defense industry.

On the occasion, Sjamsoeddin introduced to General Thanh on military aircraft CN-295, a transportation plane that uses Airbus components and is assembled by Indonesia's PT Dirgantara Group, on which the Deputy Minister and his entourage flew to Vietnam this time.

I have a question for anyone on here that is currently serving the TNI. I have seen pictures of Indonesian troops in US style digital camouflage uniforms and wanted to know is the TNI completely changing over to the digital camouflage or is it just for certain spec ops units and the military at large will continue with the DPM style that has served them well for years now? Terima kasih for any help that you can give me.

I have a question for anyone on here that is currently serving the TNI. I have seen pictures of Indonesian troops in US style digital camouflage uniforms and wanted to know is the TNI completely changing over to the digital camouflage or is it just for certain spec ops units and the military at large will continue with the DPM style that has served them well for years now? Terima kasih for any help that you can give me.

07122012kostrad.jpg

44855_okezone+kostrad.jpg

brigif-Linud-17-Kostrad.jpg

linud-kostrad.jpg

about this DPM, our Kostrad will use those DPM and right now several battalyon in Kostrad is in process of changing their DPM.

I hope yours are of a better quality. Ours stink, for the lack of a better word. Thank you again. :-)

Everything is built in Indonesia, except the engine though and avionics, the engine is still imported from Pratt & Whitney using two turboprop PW 127G and the avionics are from Honeywell, both EADS CASA and PT DI are doing cross manufacturing for CN 295 as each company works with similar blueprints. But Indonesia is working for copies through reverse engineering for avionics, and hopefully soon for engines.
Very attractive offer to Vietnam considering the plane's capabilities, modern aviation, and engines. I wonder how much a unit cost, Vietnam should consider this plane to replace our aging An fleet. Furthermore, what is its minimum airstrip length for take-off/landing? This is very important for us to bring supplies to the airfileds on our islands.

I do hope this deal go through. We can have 5-10 of these. Airbus Military has a good reputation and they have been selling the plane in Europe. Indonesia should sell these as a discounted price so that we can secure further deals in the future. :cheers: It's good to see ASEAN finally moves on military cooperation.

I'm amazed at how fast the defense industry has grown in Indonesia. You guys have been able to partly build ships and planes already, while Vietnam is still lacking at the plane department. Your force also has a good mix of Russia and Europe's equipment, a model that Vietnam is trying to follow as well.

Very attractive offer to Vietnam considering the plane's capabilities, modern aviation, and engines. I wonder how much a unit cost, Vietnam should consider this plane to replace our aging An fleet. Furthermore, what is its minimum airstrip length for take-off/landing? This is very important for us to bring supplies to the airfileds on our islands.

I do hope this deal go through. We can have 5-10 of these. Airbus Military has a good reputation and they have been selling the plane in Europe. Indonesia should sell these as a discounted price so that we can secure further deals in the future. :cheers: It's good to see ASEAN finally moves on military cooperation.

I'm amazed at how fast the defense industry has grown in Indonesia. You guys have been able to partly build ships and planes already, while Vietnam is still lacking at the plane department. Your force also has a good mix of Russia and Europe's equipment, a model that Vietnam is trying to follow as well.

Take-off distance (S/L, ISA, MTOW at 50 ft) 962 m
Landing Distance (S/L, ISA, MTOW at 50 ft) 774 m

The C/CN 295, as its predecessor the CN 235, is a medium lift aircraft which designed to land on short and unpaved runways as in remote islands and mountainous areas, particularly in Indonesian remote bases in border islands.

You can compare the C/CN 295 and its peer Alenia C 27 Spartan for a better picture since both of them are medium tactical lift aircraft:

Comparing C295 vs. C-27J as tactical transport aircraft

C/CN 295
C-295_TNI_AU.jpg

Alenia C 27 Spartan

g222_kp.jpg

We'll try to compare the main contenders in the segment of intratheater airlifters on the base of technical facts.

1. CABIN

Length (m): C295 has 15.73 vs. C-27J has 10.53 --> C295 has the best mark
Floor Area (m2): C295 has 37.12 vs. C-27J has 25.8 --> C295 has the best mark
Volume (m3): C295 has 64 vs. C-27J has 58 --> C295 has the best mark
Troops: C295 has 71 vs. C-27J has 46 --> C295 has the best mark
Paratroops: C295 has 50 vs. C-27J has 32 --> C295 has the best mark
Pallets (88" x 108"): C295 has 5 vs. C-27J has 3 --> C295 has the best mark
Stretchers: C295 has 24 vs. C-27J has 18 --> C295 has the best mark
Roller System: C295 has 4 row (like C-130) vs. C-27J has 3 --> C295 has the best mark

2. PERFORMANCE

Range (nm): C295 has 3000 vs. C-27J has 3000 --> Equal marks
Runway required (ft / 5000kg / 1000nm): C295 has 2290 vs C-27J has 2750 --> C295 has the best mark, it has better STOL capability.
Trips needed for deployment of Rapid Reaction Force - unpaved runway (800 troops / 200 t in 48h): C295 has 37 vs. C-27J has 89 --> C295 has the best mark
Soft Runway Capability (CBR): C295 has 2 vs. C-27J has 4 --> C295 has the best mark
Payload range (t): C295 has 9 vs. C-27J has 9 --> Equal marks
Fuel consumption (max. ferry range / litre): C295 has 7700 vs. C-27J has 12300 --> C295 has the best mark, it offers fuel savings and therefore cost savings.
Endurance: C295 has 12 hours vs. C-27J has 10 --> C295 has the best mark, it offers 2 hours more search and rescue time.
MMH/FH: C295 has 1.14 vs. C-27J has > 7 --> C295 has the best mark
FAA Certified: C295 YES vs. C-27J NO --> C295 is the only fully certified
Maritime proven: C295 (and CN235) is used in more than 12 countries vs. C-27J not one--> C295 is the clear winner.

Conclusion:

According to the previous technical data, I think that is clear that C295 is superior than C-27J.

Beyond these facts, the superior multi-role C295 is proven in:

- Troop / paratrooper transport
- Cargo (pallets / equipment)
- Medical evacuation
- SAR
- Maritime patrol
- Passengers

Flaps - Aviación - Aviation - Luftfahrt - Aviazione: Comparing Airbus C295 vs. Alenia C-27J Spartan as tactical transport aircraft

C/CN 295 is also can be used as platform for many types of mission such as the AEW or ASuW

C295AEW_400x263.jpg

Indonesian CN 295s

2292475_20130528051325.jpg

Vietnam military officials posing for a photo with CN 295 (Sorry, the photo quality ist kaputt)

hercules.png

I think Vietnam's military industry is running fast too, you have rolled out the first combatant ships built in Vietnamese shipyards

20120117143946_1.jpg

I think Vietnam's military industry is running fast too, you have rolled out the first combatant ships built in Vietnamese shipyards

20120117143946_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Vietnam have been building military and warships for years. Once Vietnamese ship building industry have been ranked No.5 in the world (behind only China, Japan, Korea and some European country), so I think building ships based on foreign design and blueprints is not a difficult task.
But TT400TP (HQ-272 above) is the first gunboat which was almost completely engineered and designed in Vietnam.

Vietnam have been building military and warships for years. Once Vietnamese ship building industry have been ranked No.5 in the world (behind only China, Japan, Korea and some European country), so I think building ships based on foreign design and blueprints is not a difficult task.
But TT400TP (HQ-272 above) is the first gunboat which was almost completely engineered and designed in Vietnam.
[/QUOTE]

not some european, but Philippines. Phl's Cebu shipyards are known for their capability in building big ships. Congratulation then, I hope Vietnamese shipyards may continue to produce warships until reaching the full military stage. It is a poor thing that Indonesian shipyards are turned to focus mainly for domestic use as we are a islands country.

not some european, but Philippines. Phl's Cebu shipyards are known for their capability in building big ships. Congratulation then, I hope Vietnamese shipyards may continue to produce warships until reaching the full military stage. It is a poor thing that Indonesian shipyards are turned to focus mainly for domestic use as we are a islands country.[/QUOTE]
Sir you really need to focus on getting most latest fighter jets as soon as possible Sir by the way are their chances of any big fighter jets orders in near future ?

Indonesia to create its own cyber-army

Indo-Asian News Service, May 29, 2013

cyber_wars_635.jpg

The Indonesian defence ministry plans to create a special force called "cyber-army" to tackle attacks by hackers against the state's Internet portals and websites.

A senior official at the ministry said that it would propose a law to legalize the operation of the "cyber-army". The plan to set up the special force was formulated after rampant attacks against government Internet portals and websites were reported during the last three years, reported Xinhua.

Pos M. Hutabarat, director general of security potentials at the ministry, said that there is an urgent need for a law to create the "cyber-army" in Indonesia.

According to Pos, the "cyber-army" will be manned by uniformed soldiers specially trained in information technology.

He said that similar cyber units are already operational in several countries, including the US, China, South Korea and Iran.

Indonesian Defence Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro said earlier that establishment of the task force would need the full support of the Communication and Information Ministry.

The ministry is expected to provide telecommunication infrastructure management system, equipment and trainers for the members of the proposed "cyber-army", Purnomo added.

"The Communication and Information ministry has the capacity to build up the cyber security," he said, adding that the "cyber-army" unit is planned to be embedded in the navy, the army and the air force.

Communications and Information Minister Tifatul Sembiring said earlier that websites of Indonesia's state ministries and agencies have received more than 36.6 million cyber attacks from hackers in the last three years.

He said that his ministry is in a process of building a system called "National Cyber Security" to protect websites of government institutions and agencies.

Indonesia to create its own cyber-army | NDTV Gadgets

pilot+t-50i+copy.jpg

kai_t-50_0.jpg

Six Indonesian Pilot passes 1st phase training with T-50 Golden Eagle. May 2nd,2013
1st phase is Transition and Instruction Training. Next phase is 2nd phase Tactical Air Combat use ROKAF TA-50, then on July 2013 3rd phase T-50i Familiarization use Indonesian T-50i.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom