What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

The thing is Navy only interested on midget Submarine for Special Op purpose, infiltration, bring limited supply for Spec op units behind enemy shore line and the likes. For combat purpose they have limited use with limited cargoe they can carry (sea mines, torp and so on) with limited combat radius range.

Sub the size of Type 209 is more suitable for such role. Not to mention far more versatile. And cost efficient too.

Should ask yourselves the same thing when it come about Baby Boomer.
Except when I complain about boomers I specifically complain about those in the relevant defense positions? This whole tangent of bitching about ALL millennials and zoomers irks of an inferiority complex. It's fine if you want to do it on Facebook or Twitter but when we're talking about something technical it's very unrelated when it's a blanket statement.

Last edited:
If Im not mistaken the first idea of having midget is for special forces inflitration/deployment and some reckon. It doesnt have good range so the midget depoyment should be close to its intended operation target range. Now, as the technology advanced there are better options for naval strike in comparison using this midget in shallow water with limited range. But it doesnt change the fact that using midget as special forces deployment is one of the most silent way in shallow water context. So again its not about the spec tech, but rather the operational usage intention of an asset that fit the criteria.

The current threat assesment dismiss the importance of getting the midget thus putting its development plan in the back sadle for now. We might need it someday but not now.

Sub the size of Type 209 is more suitable for such role. Not to mention far more versatile. And cost efficient too.

That's why midget subs progress here is not much as even many in the Navy thought they are not worth for the efforts. Indonesia is not like Iran or Nork which deny everything complex and sophisticated from developed countries. In this case, why not pull all of the resources and efforts to build a proper size Submarine, designed and build for Indonesia needs in Indonesia main production facility like PT PAL.

Because it is straight forward. Like I said, it's pretty much hit-and-run mission.

I told you, you don't task midget sub with standard sub job. You don't task them to loiter and search the target. You act as if we don't have any means to do the simple intel stuff like observing cargo ships.

Malacca strait is about 800 km long, and very narrow. You can even use fishermen boats along our shore to visually recheck the intel report about the arrival of cargo ships. We're not looking for any advanced military sub here. It's just simple cargo ships.

Well, I think sane admiral would think that realistically we're no match for china. The power to destroy all of their cargo ships would at least give us hope to balance the situation a bit.
If all that you want to do are hit and run missions on cargo ships in the strait it'll be a lot cheaper to just rely on shore and air launched NSM's. And at least with that it's already a proven design and tactic instead of something that is purely theoretical.

Last edited:
Because it is straight forward. Like I said, it's pretty much hit-and-run mission.

I told you, you don't task midget sub with standard sub job. You don't task them to loiter and search the target. You act as if we don't have any means to do the simple intel stuff like observing cargo ships.

Malacca strait is about 800 km long, and very narrow. You can even use fishermen boats along our shore to visually recheck the intel report about the arrival of cargo ships. We're not looking for any advanced military sub here. It's just simple cargo ships.

Well, I think sane admiral would think that realistically we're no match for china. The power to destroy all of their cargo ships would at least give us hope to balance the situation a bit.
i giggled a little with "hit and run".

antarafoto-skadron-11-serbu-puspenerbad-sambut-hut-tni-021020-ast-3.jpg

antarafoto-skadron-11-serbu-puspenerbad-sambut-hut-tni-021020-ast-4.jpg

Selamat HUT TNI ke 75:yahoo::partay::partay:

Galang Island COVID-19 Hospital Reports Zero Death Case

Translator: Dewi Elvia Muthiariny

Editor: Petir Garda Bhwana

5 October 2020 12:54 WIB

0 Comment

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to LINEShare to More

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo conducted a teleconference with a number of Indonesian Military or TNI officials from Sabang to Merauke after joining the TNI 75th anniversary ceremony today, Monday, October 5, 2020.
During the teleconference, he first greeted the head of the Galang Island Infectious Disease Hospital (RSKI), Col. Khairul Ihsan Nasution.
Khairul then reported to the President that there was no death case thus far in the hospital. “The death rate is zero,” he said on Monday, October 5, 2020.
According to Khairul, the hospital has treated 3,265 people with 1,206 of them were COVID-19 patients. As of today, he added, there were 20 patients being treated, and the room capacity was 80 percent of the total 360 beds.

There were 104 military personnel deployed at the hospital consisting of 60 members of Army Forces, 23 members of the Navy, and 17 members of the Air Force, as well as four policemen. They were all reported in good health. “The COVID-19 Galang Hospital is in a safe condition,” said Khairul.
Jokowi further asked about problems related to facilities and infrastructure at the hospital. Khairul explained that everything went well and smoothly as there was no issue to date. The President then responded with thanks and hoped the condition would continue.
Read also: President Jokowi Encourages Use of Batik Face Masks in Batik Day
FRISKI RIANA

Aren't we already have those underwater delivery vehicle? I am sure have seen the pic before, i think some one posted the pic here.

Btw after having SSK rather than midget submarine we should try to get SSG, so we can play away and not only playing home, sure our SSK can go hunting on enemy waters but it lack land attack capability, would be nice if we can also attack enemy facility on land.

Last edited:
Aren't we already have those underwater delivery vehicle? I am sure have seen the pic before, i think some one posted the pic here.

Btw after having SSK rather than midget submarine we should try to get SSG, so we can play away and not only playing home, sure our SSK can go hunting on enemy waters but it lack land attack capability, would be nice if we can also attack enemy facility on land.
01-1.jpg

Sub Skimmer TNI AL

sealcarrier2.jpg

SEAL Carrier

If Im not mistaken the first idea of having midget is for special forces inflitration/deployment and some reckon. It doesnt have good range so the midget depoyment should be close to its intended operation target range. Now, as the technology advanced there are better options for naval strike in comparison using this midget in shallow water with limited range. But it doesnt change the fact that using midget as special forces deployment is one of the most silent way in shallow water context. So again its not about the spec tech, but rather the operational usage intention of an asset that fit the criteria.

The current threat assesment dismiss the importance of getting the midget thus putting its development plan in the back sadle for
Just put seal carrier on our sub and you're good to go.

What i mean is SDV I think, like this one. Udah lama jadi ingatannya udah bermasalah.
US_Navy_050505-N-3093M-007_Members_of_SEAL_Delivery_Vehicle_Team_Two_%28SDVT-2%29_prepare_to_launch_one_of_the_team%27s_SEAL_Delivery_Vehicles_%28SDV%29_from_the_back_of_the_Los_Angeles-class_attack_submarine_USS_Philadelphia_%28SSN_690%29.jpg

Our sub can be used to deliver special ops personel, they use the torpedo tube to exit the submarine, its just that the submarine can't go close to the shore because the depth of the water, and if too far away swimming will be tiring, so the problem is distance, if we have submarine that able to carry SDV then problem solved.

Last edited:
Using drones is cheaper.

If all that you want to do are hit and run missions on cargo ships in the strait it'll be a lot cheaper to just rely on shore and air launched NSM's. And at least with that it's already a proven design and tactic instead of something that is purely theoretical.

Any cheap alternatives will do. Drones would probably be cheaper and more stealthy than NMS?

Guys, it's not about using midget sub per se. It's about "one aspect that I think we should have as part of our defense setup, which is to have very strong tonnage-war capability" (quoting from my post #33,851).

I don't want us to use our U209 fleet as we only have 5 and still lacking plenty more.

Btw, there's actually cheapest option to do this. So cheap that we even got paid doing it. Just call India to revisit our old deal for them to invest in Sabang. They would be more than happy to send their warships and U209 subs to do the job there:D.

i giggled a little with "hit and run".

🙏:D

I think that our adversaries merchant vessels will just stay away from our water, or they will use ship with other country flag.

We still can use our warship main canon, drones and jet, or even artillery or tank gun at the narrowest part of Malacca strait, its not like that our enemy have completely taken control of Malacca strait, kalau iya kayak natuna udah bablas dong, kan natuna garis terdepan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom