What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

This guy is quite active when talking about proposal, budget and source of funding. He is quite an active lobbyist to boot too, so far he is quite able to
We only sign LoI with The French everything can change in the process

We only sign LoI with The French everything can change in the process

No, what i mean he is already getting proposal for financing worth at least 20 billion US dollar from various sources including US, French, Germany, Turkey, South Korea and so on. And for notes he is already lobbying Parliament and Ministry of Finance to accept such proposal and talking about merit and demerit for such schemes. Prabowo is very active and able to lobby even the hard headed our very own Tatcher like Finance minister Sri Mulyani let alone easy to sway our President Joko Widodo.

No, what i mean he is already getting proposal for financing worth at least 20 billion US dollar from various sources including US, French, Germany, Turkey, South Korea and so on. And for notes he is already lobbying Parliament and Ministry of Finance to accept such proposal and talking about merit and demerit for such schemes. Prabowo is very active and able to lobby even the hard headed our very own Tatcher like Finance minister Sri Mulyani let alone easy to sway our President Joko Widodo.
Following his track records since 80s i'm not surprised that he can lobby hard on his behalf of his interests. At this point, we can only see the developments.

Following his track records since 80s i'm not surprised that he can lobby hard on his behalf of his interests. At this point, we can only see the developments.

Including his efforts to dethroned Indonesian version King of Espionage and loyal Supporter of his very own Father in Law, Leonardus Benny Moerdany. Still many people is still being wary of him, as i mentioned before he is a Patriot, but a very troublesome Patriot with complex background. I am much very prefer character like Poernomo Yusgiantoro who had more simpler and humble background and had less ambition but doing his best to do his assigned jobs.

Including his efforts to dethroned Indonesian version King of Espionage and loyal Supporter of his very own Father in Law, Leonardus Benny Moerdany. Still many people is still being wary of him, as i mentioned before he is a Patriot, but a very troublesome Patriot with complex background. I am much very prefer character like Poernomo Yusgiantoro who had more simpler and humble background and had less ambition but doing his best to do his assigned jobs.
Poernomo Yusgiantoro layed foundation on MEF, MEF is his creation. Backthen i wished we retained him in the office, much works would've accomplished had we ratained him

Super Hornet and Growler Engine Contract Creates Opportunities for Australian Industry

12 September 2020

GE F414 engine (photo : AuManufacturing)

An innovative local Australian business has increased its share of complex maintenance work on the engines that power the RAAF’s F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler aircraft.
TAE Aerospace is an Australian local industry partner of General Electric International Incorporated (GEII), and has increased its proportion of deeper maintenance work on F414 engines from 25 per cent to 85 per cent in just five years.
Minister for Defence, Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC said the increase demonstrates the opportunities available for Australian businesses to be involved in delivering critical Defence capabilities.
“This is a significant increase in Australian content in only five years and is yet another demonstration of the capabilities that exist in Australia,” Minister Reynolds said.
“The Morrison Government is continually working with Australian defence industry partners to identify more opportunities like this.
“TAE is 100 per cent Australian owned, with about 220 employees at several sites across Australia, and holds additional contracts to maintain the engines for M1 Abram tanks and F-35A Lightning II aircraft.”
TAE’s involvement has led to innovation in the maintenance of the F414 engines by developing repairs for components which would previously have been thrown away when they failed.
Minister for Defence Industry, Melissa Price said TAE’s approach has not only reduced costs, it has also improved engine availability for the Air Force.
“This is the first time Australian industry has supported the US Navy engine fleet,” Minister Price said.
“The locally developed solutions have been so successful that GEII is now working with TAE to export these unique, Australian developed repairs to support the US Navy’s F414 engine fleet.
“These works, alongside the ingenuity displayed by TAE, demonstrate how much Australian industry has to offer, to both the ADF and our international allies.
“The Morrison Government commends GEII and TAE for continually looking for opportunities to improve our sovereign capabilities and expand the use of Australian industry in supporting our aircraft.”
(Aus DoD)

We can adopt their solution for our IFX engine fleets, in near future. It just the solution for maintenance of components and parts from US sourced units is far easier and our can contribute much if we are innovative enough to do so

That's why, i think it is the proper time Indonesia get a step ahead by procuring Osprey and built Maintenance, repair and fast moving components production facility for Tiltrotor Aircraft.

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm not convinced that the U.S. will hit us with economic embargo for CAATSA violation.

Hitting us hard with economic embargo will only mean one thing, kicking us out of the U.S. orbit and pushing us more towards China's. This would create even stronger argument for the supposed to be a new informal bloc called The Golden Ring (China, Iran, Russia, Turkey, etc).

China & co. will have no major problem helping Indonesia's economy under embargo. China themselves have been in bilateral talks with Iran to invest about $400 billion in many various sectors (they will get cheap oil/gas supply for 25 years in return). That's small amount compare to their total foreign reserves of around $3300 billion

Indonesia under huge China influence will also destabilize the region and puts the likes of Australia, and to lesser extend Singapore and India, in jeopardy. Indonesian straits under China ISR will bring major setback to their security and economy.

That's the huge risk that the U.S. would have to face if they decided to punish us with embargo. All of that just for preventing Indonesia from owning SU-35 fighters. It's not like we plan to buy 50 jets either. It's just 11 jets.

Technically, we can assume that the U.S. will have the same perspective as the U.S. fan boys in this forum, that the presence of SU-35 itself will not destabilize the region. The aircraft that's deemed to be really lousy and much weaker version of the original. The aircraft that's so expensive to operate and to maintain making Indonesia could barely fly them. Surely if the U.S. fan boys here are right, then there's no reason for anyone including Australia & Singapore, who both have plenty of F-35s, to worry about SU-35s, never mind just 11 jets.

So in the end, the U.S. is the one who'd be taking huge risk embargoing Indonesia, than Indonesia taking the risk buying SU-35.

Huge risk with so little in return.

I hope this is one of the cards that Indonesia have been playing to get F-35. So far there's no official confirmation that the SU-35 is off. Our ambassador for Russia at the end of last month still saying that the deal is still on.

While we're still focusing our resources to buy used jets for interim program, I think we still need to keep the Russian fleet. Just in case we failed to get the F-35, just proceed with our original plan to buy SU-35 + F-16V after this interim program being taken care of.

Last edited:
Super Hornet and Growler Engine Contract Creates Opportunities for Australian Industry

12 September 2020

An innovative local Australian business has increased its share of complex maintenance work on the engines that power the RAAF’s F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler aircraft.
TAE Aerospace is an Australian local industry partner of General Electric International Incorporated (GEII), and has increased its proportion of deeper maintenance work on F414 engines from 25 per cent to 85 per cent in just five years.
Minister for Defence, Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC said the increase demonstrates the opportunities available for Australian businesses to be involved in delivering critical Defence capabilities.
“This is a significant increase in Australian content in only five years and is yet another demonstration of the capabilities that exist in Australia,” Minister Reynolds said.
“The Morrison Government is continually working with Australian defence industry partners to identify more opportunities like this.
“TAE is 100 per cent Australian owned, with about 220 employees at several sites across Australia, and holds additional contracts to maintain the engines for M1 Abram tanks and F-35A Lightning II aircraft.”
TAE’s involvement has led to innovation in the maintenance of the F414 engines by developing repairs for components which would previously have been thrown away when they failed.
Minister for Defence Industry, Melissa Price said TAE’s approach has not only reduced costs, it has also improved engine availability for the Air Force.
“This is the first time Australian industry has supported the US Navy engine fleet,” Minister Price said.
“The locally developed solutions have been so successful that GEII is now working with TAE to export these unique, Australian developed repairs to support the US Navy’s F414 engine fleet.
“These works, alongside the ingenuity displayed by TAE, demonstrate how much Australian industry has to offer, to both the ADF and our international allies.
“The Morrison Government commends GEII and TAE for continually looking for opportunities to improve our sovereign capabilities and expand the use of Australian industry in supporting our aircraft.”
(Aus DoD)

We can adopt their solution for our IFX engine fleets, in near future. It just the solution for maintenance of components and parts from US sourced units is far easier and our can contribute much if we are innovative enough to do so

That's why, i think it is the proper time Indonesia get a step ahead by procuring Osprey and built Maintenance, repair and fast moving components production facility for Tiltrotor Aircraft.
Well , i'm a new guy here ...

While i was equally eager to jump on that train we have to be realistic here . Money were always a constraint in reality

Well , i'm a new guy here ...

While i was equally eager to jump on that train we have to be realistic here . Money were always a constraint in reality

Because money is lacking we can't send an Aircraft we had using heavy cargoe half around the world just for MLU upgrade

Because money is lacking we can't send an Aircraft we had using heavy cargoe half around the world just for MLU upgrade
Well , that's harsh .... 😁
It's an old adage of chicken and eggs . I can understand that . But , come on ... Until you could persuade the old guard thing will never change until the next decade

And it's break my heart to see our sky guardian torn to pieces like that .

FB_IMG_15999004174730731.jpg

12 September 2020

(Aus DoD)

I'm thinking the concept however with Pratt & Whitney instead since we have our F-16s powered with PW engines and most likely our upcoming F-16s come with PW engines version

Back
Top Bottom