What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Adapun 3 kombinasi obat yang telah diujicoba secara klinis dalam 3 tahap. Pertama campuran Lopinavir/Ritonavir dan Azithromycin. Kedua adalah Lopinavir/Ritonavir dan Doxycycline. Terakhir adalah campuran Hydrochloroquine dan Azithromycin."

https://www.kompas.com/tren/read/20...t-covid-19-dari-unair-tni-ad-dan-bin?page=all.

hope its not becoming another kalung corona blunder , but with more sophisticated method.

Unfortunately it most likely will

Maybe because the media just sniff the news recently? Or it could be another effort from mindef to show off that their actually doing something? Some sort of propaganda of some kind? I mean, so far there's no significant big ticket item purchase has been achieved by the mindef. All talks but no result. Meanwhile the situation in SCS is escalating.

More likely the latter. The medias isn't smart enough (and unlikely will) regarding defense procurement or anything related with technical, logistical matter. If they smart enough they wont be working as journalist wont they.

If they smart enough they wont be working as journalist wont they.
Nah they are smart, its just that.
The medias isn't smart enough (and unlikely will) regarding defense procurement or anything related with technical, logistical matter
This.
Lol, kan belum tentu mereka military fansboy, dan kalaupun mereka research dulu sebelum merilis berita masih juga suka salah, dimaklumi aja.

New news leak from Alman. It mention on a possible cooperation between one indonesian firm and a turkish company to do an upgrade on some of Indonesian Navy frigate.

Most chatter mentions that this possibly will be done on the remaining Ahmad Yani class frigate that we have in order to extend their lifespan and to keep them relevant with current naval technologies.

While its a viable solution, the age of the ship itself will not lie, metal fatigue due to prolonged use will surely be the main disadvantage along with its weakened propulsion system. In order to make it seaworthy enough we would also need to invest in doing major overhaul of the ship and this will not be cheap. One other factors to consider would be the amount of time it will be needed to do such repair, overhaul and upgrade.

The amount of time needed for these extensive works is arguably almost the same as building brand new ship. In the end it boils down to cost factor, is it cheaper to do so or will it be more cost effective to construct a brand new ship instead?
h9PQ197

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-101057_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-101057_Twitter.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 35
New news leak from Alman. It mention on a possible cooperation between one indonesian firm and a turkish company to do an upgrade on some of Indonesian Navy frigate.

Most chatter mentions that this possibly will be done on the remaining Ahmad Yani class frigate that we have in order to extend their lifespan and to keep them relevant with current naval technologies.

While its a viable solution, the age of the ship itself will not lie, metal fatigue due to prolonged use will surely be the main disadvantage along with its weakened propulsion system. In order to make it seaworthy enough we would also need to invest in doing major overhaul of the ship and this will not be cheap. One other factors to consider would be the amount of time it will be needed to do such repair, overhaul and upgrade.

The amount of time needed for these extensive works is arguably almost the same as building brand new ship. In the end it boils down to cost factor, is it cheaper to do so or will it be more cost effective to construct a brand new ship instead?
h9PQ197
Definitely cheaper, but is it the best solution for us?

Btw how long the downtime for overhaul will be?

It feels like every other page here is discussion on something Alman posts on his twitter, or talking about his bias.

Who the hell is he anyway? Why is news from him so well regarded (and polarizing)?

He some type of military Denny Siregar with dubious 'insider' info?

It feels like every other page here is discussion on something Alman posts on his twitter, or talking about his bias.

Who the hell is he anyway? Why is news from him so well regarded (and polarizing)?

Buat tambahan bahan obrolan aja :v
Daripada sepi

Yea me too. Don't know why people here always referring to his tweets. He didn't even bother replying any replies in his tweets. Its like saying this is what i know no debate.

Not me though, i am prefer to share something more real, being confirmed and not rely on some shady talks in coffee shop. You know, even the user itself is not capable to change something which is politically driven or behind the scene thingy. I got a lot of rumor, even better i am trying to push such deals myself because of my job, but better to keep it myself as it will be embarrassed if when i shared it in public but the thing become not happened because a thing or many thing .

Definitely cheaper, but is it the best solution for us?

Btw how long the downtime for overhaul will be?
Not sure if its gonna be cheaper, we could expect the ship to be out of action for at least one year or more. Just take the fatahillah upgrate for an example, or maybe we can base on the the upcoming bung tomo class upgrade.

Im not sure who this alman is, but some mention that he used to be Jane defence contributor as he has some connection on mindef.
Not all of his tweets is true though, and its already confirmed that he is biased towards procuring military equipment from EU in particularly french stuff.
So yes, we do not know who he really is, we know that he is biased, and we need to take all of his tweets with a grain of salt. But no doubt its a good source of discussion just like what @NEKONEKO said.

According to some reports Turkey is on the brink of economy crisis. Their currency Lira, just hit a new low. They lost 42% of their foreign reserves this year.

Some observers said that they could try to wait it out, or look for help. If the latter is chosen, the alternatives so far are only China or IMF (=U.S.).

I imagine they would be ecstatic for any deal that they can do to us to help their foreign reserves situation a little bit. Maybe this is the right time to pounce on their defense technology after all.

According to some reports Turkey is on the brink of economy crisis. Their currency Lira, just hit a new low. They lost 42% of their foreign reserves this year.

Some observers said that they could try to wait it out, or look for help. If the latter is chosen, the alternatives so far are only China or IMF (=U.S.).

I imagine they would be ecstatic for any deal that they can do to us to help their foreign reserves situation a little bit. Maybe this is the right time to pounce on their defense technology after all.

though you must be careful to select an items they must rely from foreign supplier, the case of ATAK 129 is a good reminder on how country such Turkey caliber is still prone from being cut off from their main supplier for critical items. There is several products or platform they are mostly independent from the possibility of being cut off from their main supplier and can rely from their own defense industry companies. They are not hopeless case such as Iran and Nork politically, but you must be more careful when dealing at to balance everything out.

I don't think dsme 2000 actually dsme 1400. The tonage itself is far different. The length and diameter is different. It is not the same sub. So yeah for me it is unproven design 100%.
Crazy about korean sub? Sure go ahead take KS III. It is better than paper sub. At least Korean Navy using it.
The salesman himself that said it (dsme 2000 is enlarge 1400 with some 3000 technology).
But I don't know, maybe it really is a paper submarine.
But on the other hand, lobi-lobi DSME terlalu kuat disini.

The salesman himself that said it (dsme 2000 is enlarge 1400 with some 3000 technology).
But I don't know, maybe it really is a paper submarine.
But on the other hand, lobi-lobi DSME terlalu kuat disini.
DSME 2000 is designed for export market, for now it is still a paper submarine. No submarine have been built yet.

South Korean DSME designing DSME 2000 not for their Navy who clearly had ordered kssiii made by Hyundai shipyard to replace Chang Bo go class, but for the requirement of a particular country in the South

There is not many country in the south that have plans to acquire new submarine.

Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) showcased a new diesel-electric attack submarine concept, DSME 2000, for the first time at the International Maritime Defense Industry Exhibition (MADEX) 2019 in Busan.

The product is targeted at the export market, particularly of Southeast Asia and South America.

The submarine has a submerged displacement of 2,180 tonnes and will likely incorporate technologies indigenously developed by Korean original equipment manufacturers that are involved in the KSS-3 programme. Preliminary design work was completed in January 2019, but the final variant can be tailored according to customer requirements.

The 71.1 m-long and 6.5 m-wide single-hulled submarine will be equipped with lithium-ion batteries and an AC propulsion motor. Its design incorporates a seven-mast configuration, including an optronic mast. The model that was showcased also features a towed array antenna in the aft section
https://www.janes.com/article/92161/madex-2019-dsme-unveils-new-submarine-design-for-export-market

Actual recon photos from actual Kopassus operator, heard it was a Raid to extract/kill an HVT from OPM
Relevant news?
Hengki Wuamang, Pentolan KKB Papua Tewas Ditembak Tim Gabungan TNI-Polri
Senin, 17 Agustus 2020 | 16:53 WIB
Share : Hengki Wuamang (31), salah satu pimpinan kelompok kriminal bersenjata (KKB) Papua.

Hengki Wuamang biasa beroperasi di kawasan Kali Kopi, Kabupaten Mimika, Papua.

"Kemarin (Minggu, 16/8/2020) pada pukul 06.00 WIT di Kali Kopi, Tim Gabungan melakukan penindakan terhadap anggota KKB di Makodap 3 Timika. Hasilnya ada satu orang pimpinan KKB Hengki Wuamang meninggal dunia," ujar Kapolda Papua Irjen Pol Paulus Waterpauw di Jayapura, Senin (17/8/2020), sebagaimana dikutip dari Kompas.com.

Baca Juga: KKB Bunuh Petani dan Memutilasinya, Potongan Tubuh Korban Ditemukan Pastur Terbungkus Karung

Paulus menjelaskan, tewasnya Hengki Wuamang berawal pada Kamis (13/8/2020). Ketika itu tim gabungan TNI-Polri melakukan penyelidikan ke markas KKB Kali Kopi.

Untuk melakukan aksi tersebut, pasukan dibagi menjadi tiga kelompok untuk tiga sasaran, Kali Kopi, Kali Kopi Baru, dan markas baru di Amoko.

Tim gabungan kemudian melakukan penyisiran di sekitar Kali Kopi dan menemukan lokasi persembunyian Hengki Wuamang hingga akhirnya yang bersangkutan tewas tertembak.
https://www.kompas.tv/article/10216...iHSYbCgKNnGg5YZMM3ruoTmrPZFnI2TkRZR2gCd4D--e0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom