What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Indonesian Armed Forces are on way to recovery but its still long way to go from increasing size of there Armed Forces to getting lot of new equipment for all three forces, Indonesia needs to increase its budget and order lot of new things but I hope your new president will soon do it
Gripen NG cost about $110m. I believe TOT does not include AESA radar and F414 engine TOT because even Gripen cant manufacture them. They are still supplied by other manufacturers. And for $110m not 100%TOT and single engine can be quite expensive.

As For Eurofighter Tranche 3A cost about $150m. Might be full TOT but Have some problems even Germany decided not to buy more.

SU-35 cost about $85m but very Stingy with their TOT. Better to just get their S400 SAM.

Is F-35 a good choice? cost about the same as Euro tranche 3. even UK is buying F-35 and germany also.No TOT though. Get 2 skuadron of F-35 including all munitions.

i can assured you for good if LockMart can arrangement some offset and transfer technology for whoever country wants to buy F-35 (with some notes, esp. the countries must be in good term with the US). As an examples, Indonesia in 1988 got 40 percent from Peace Bima Sena I project and technical capabilities to produce Mk-82 dumb bomb and to made drag chute for our own F-16's.

Russia offers increased collaboration to Indonesia
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
21 October 2014

Russia has extended an offer to Indonesia's newly inaugurated president, Joko Widodo, to expand military and technical co-operation between the two countries.

News agencies in both countries reported that Russia's Minister for Industry and Trade, Denis Manturov, met with Widodo in Jakarta on 21 October, one day after Widodo was inaugurated as president, and that the two discussed opportunities for increasing trade and collaboration in spheres including defence.

Indonesian news agencies quoted Manturov as stating that Russia was "ready to promote and develop" defence industrial co-operation with Indonesia, while Russian information service TASS reported that a potential area of collaboration could be Project 636 Varshavyanka ('Kilo')-class diesel electric submarines.
Russia offers increased collaboration to Indonesia - IHS Jane's 360

i am heard some rumor about Russian want to increase the state credit allocation for Indonesia, this action must be taken by the Russian as a measure to increasing their export sales and long term relationship with Indonesia as Indonesia can offered a huge opportunity to break the Barrier of economic sanction imposed to Russia by the western states.

Sir the size you are and the growth off economy you have you can afford 150 latest jets

As I said in previous post, the most crucial time of our nation is when USA leave SEA region due to its power decline and China becomes too powerful. 2025 is the start, in my prediction.

At that time Indonesia needs around 200 stealth fighter. This number can only be realized inshaAllah if we make those planes ourselves, since it will be justified in both politically and economically sense.

Better to concentrate to acquire something that can enable us to face that fragile moment with good economy and capable defense industry in the future.

Last edited:
Ready To Be Given Name by Jokowi, This Is The Appearance of Panzer Canon Made in Bandung.
3756803_20141024014847_zps1ccb55d4.jpg

Jakarta -PT Pindad (Persero) will launch two new variants armored Anoa in early November 2014 at the Indo Defence 2014 show in JIExpo Kemayoran, Jakarta. The plan is the latest variant of the armored vehicles will be named by the President Joko Widodo (Jokowi).

"Later the plan that love his name Mr. Jokowi," said Head of Public Relations of PT PINDAD, Maulana Sena to detikFinance Friday (10/24/2014).

Armored variant launched of the latest generation have 2 type 90mm cannon and amphibious version. For armored cannon variant will be using Belgian-made cannon while for the amphibious one will be help built by company of Italian origin.

Price per unit of armored type of canon plans set at Rp 25 billion to Rp 30 billion per unit, while the amphibious variant sold cheaper.

From the images obtained detikFinance canon armored variants were designed and made by Pindad in Bandung, West Java in a design similar to Tarantula armored vehicles made in South Korea.

Siap Diberi Nama Jokowi, Ini Penampakan Panser Canon Made in Bandung

Congrate for Pindad people, now we are still waiting your tracked IFV to be ready for production....

Congrate for Pindad people, now we are still waiting your tracked IFV to be ready for production....

Not strictly related military news. But Indonesians better be ready for the occasional Australian military 'slip-up' in regars to Indonesia.

The Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbott truly is an imbecile.

Good luck Indonesians, in dealing with Australia, you are going to need it.

Not strictly related military news. But Indonesians better be ready for the occasional Australian military 'slip-up' in regars to Indonesia.

The Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbott truly is an imbecile.

Good luck Indonesians, in dealing with Australia, you are going to need it.

Yah, wealthy Western country neighbour needs special treatment :D

I listened to an interview of his. It hurt my brain, so I turned it off after 1 minute :fie:

Conservative party usually still have Western Superiority Complex mentality. I hope he will be different.

Oya, talking about TV. What I dont like from Aussie TV and also Al Jazeera International is that they always bring weak Indonesian to be interviewed, in order to make the viewer feel superior from Indonesian. Weak Indonesian usually a Western lover, getting nervous when being interviewed by Western Anchor. Al Jazeera reporter in here is a Dutch. She sould be replaced. Not really fair in her reporting.

Conservative party usually still have Western Superiority Complex mentality. I hope he will be different.

Oya, talking about TV. What I dont like from Aussie TV and also Al Jazeera International is that they always bring weak Indonesian to be interviewed, in order to make the viewer feel superior from Indonesian. Weak Indonesian usually a Western lover, getting nervous when being interviewed by Western Anchor. Al Jazeera reporter in here is a Dutch. She sould be replaced. Not really fair in her reporting.

:rofl: No, He won't be bro.

How is New Zealanders seen in Indonesia? do they have a bad rep :-)

Fast Attack Missile Ships Manufactured in Banyuwangi

Today 20:06
Navy continues to complement the Main Equipment and Weapons Systems (defense equipment). The latest is the manufacture of Fast Attack Missile Ship (KCR) three hull (trimaran) 63 meters. The vessel was manufactured by PT Lundin Industry Invest based in Banyuwangi.

Chief of Naval Staff (KASAL) Admiral Dr. Marsetio reviewing the shipbuilding process Cacalan Beach, Banyuwangi. Accompanying Banyuwangi Regent Anwar Abdullah Anas, Banyuwangi Naval Base Commander Marine Lt. Col. (P) Eka Edi Susanto, 0825 Banyuwangi district military commander Lt. Col. Mangapul Hutajulu, and Chief State Prosecutor Banyuwangi I Made Parma.

"This is one visit to the shipyard of national pride because this is where the Boats Trimaran made. It is also a source of pride for the citizens of Banyuwangi, because it turns out the area on the eastern tip of Java Island has become one of the biggest national defense," said Marsetio, Friday (24 / 10/2014).

Marsetio said the latest trimaran vessel is the first in Asia. In addition to working together with the Swedish, in design trimaran, Army navy also involve companies involved in the field of national defense industry, such as PT PAL (Persero) and PT Pindad (Persero).

"For the first phase, the Navy ordered four ships. Now here was made the first," said Marsetio.

Latest design trimaran KCR is a little different from the Ship Trimaran previously. The new ship will be made of fire-resistant materials and anti-radars.

"This ship will not only be used in the country, but it will be one of the superior defense products to be sold abroad. As the ship LPD produced by PT PAL already booked by the Philippine Navy. Later, this ship will we sell abroad , "added Marsetio.

Regentof Banyuwangi, Anas said they were proud because the regent can produced sophisticated vessel in Banyuwangi with the synergy of private and state-owned companies in the defense industry. "The industry is a strategic industry for the defense of the nation. Banyuwangi is very proud to participate," he said.

Kapal Cepat Rudal TNI AL Diproduksi di Banyuwangi

Trimaran.jpg

Lundin Shipyard and Admiral Marsetio

:rofl: No, He won't be bro.

How is New Zealanders seen in Indonesia? do they have a bad rep :-)

Not much, but before I have a customer from New Zealand. Good person. I had many discussion with him.

Russian Helicopters Ready to Offer Indonesia New Models

Today 16:49

The Russian Helicopters Holding Company is ready to offer Indonesia and other Asia-Pacific nations new helicopters for their aircraft fleets.

Russian Helicopters estimates the demand for medium and medium-heavy civil helicopters at more than 50 units over the next 10 years. This segment is traditionally the most substantial in the global market in monetary terms.

“We have a strong position today in the Asia-Pacific market, and we intend to strengthen it going forward,” Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev told Interfax-AVN newswire.

Russian-made helicopters already have a 72% regional fleet share in the 10-to-20 metric-ton maximum takeoff weight segment, according to the Russian Helicopters CEO.

“Besides, Russian helicopters also constitute 22% of Asian-Pacific countries’ combat helicopter fleets,” Alexander Mikheev said.

Ways of strengthening and expanding trade between Russia and Indonesia, including prospects of Russian helicopter and helicopter parts deliveries, were among the matters discussed during Russian Trade and Industry Minister Denis Manturov’s visit to Indonesia.

Indonesia is still one of the key Asian-Pacific markets for the Russian helicopter manufacturer, with more than 10 helicopters delivered to this country over 2010-2013. Among others, a multi-role Mil Mi-171 was delivered to Airfast Indonesia in November 2013, the second Mi-171 to join the company’s fleet.

The Indonesian Air Force also operates Russian-made helicopters, with Mil Mi-17V-5 military transport helicopters and Mil Mi-35P multi-role attack helicopters currently in service. These rotary-wing aircraft are a good match for Indonesia, as they can be operated at altitude in the mountains and in the country’s challenging climate characterized by very high humidity.

sumber: Rostec :: News :: Russian Helicopters Ready to Offer Indonesia New Models

i hope just Mi-17 and the kinds

Malaysia dismantles lighthouse in disputed maritime territory
Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Navy International
22 October 2014

1451228_-_main.jpg

A Todak-class guided missile attack craft similar to the one the TNI-AL said it would deploy near Tanjung Datu, West Kalimantan. Source: TNI-AL
Malaysia has begun to dismantle the foundations of a lighthouse that it tried to build in disputed waters off the Kalimantan coast, the Indonesian Navy's (Tentara Nasional Indonesia Angkatan Laut, or TNI-AL) corporate communications chief Admiral Manahan Simorangkir confirmed to local media on 17 October.

Tensions between Indonesia and Malaysia emerged in May 2014 after Malaysia attempted to construct the lighthouse near Tanjung Datu, West Kalimantan, in waters claimed by both countries. Indonesia said that the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) dispatched a warship to accompany the civilian vessels involved in the construction work.

The TNI-AL had stated that it would deploy three vessels - Kakap-class offshore patrol vessel KRI Barakuda , Todak-class guided missile attack craft KRI Lemadang , and Kapitan Pattimura (Parchim I)-class corvette KRI Sutedi Senoputra - to waters off West Kalimantan as an interim measure while it established a new naval base there. It is, however, not known if these deployments occurred.

Malaysia halted work on the structure on 22 May after Jakarta lodged a formal protest.

"The dismantling shows that the Malaysians are committed to having good bilateral relations and regional peace. We would like to express our appreciation to them," said the admiral. He added that the TNI-AL would refrain from any action that might risk unsettling matters in the area until a diplomatic solution to the dispute can be found.

Malaysia dismantles lighthouse in disputed maritime territory - IHS Jane's 360

Back
Top Bottom