What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

This, i've seen people in here always putting spare parts etc. as "masalah sepele" especially when govt canceled R80/N245 program.

Rather than designing new plane, it's better to invest more to build spare part, engine factory, etc etc. it's more profitable in long term, also increasing the local content for CN-235 and N219

What's the point of "karya anak bangsa" if most of the part and components is imported anyway?¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We can build many variant from N219 and CN-235 so IMO there's no urge to design new plane that is the same class from that 2 plane.
Maybe the way we approcach. Make a bigger thing after that the detail or small part later.
this talk about Russian vs US/EU military equpiment is quite interesting. but sometimes i wonder, why the embargo topics only came out when we are about to buy new jet fighters ? no one talks about embargo when our striking force navy ships is mostly equipped with exocet, what happens if US told France to not sell exocet to us ? (the same case with egypt Rafale), or no one talk about embargoes when our military transport aircraft only consist Herky, and CN (but CN engines are US made). now, we're gonna build 2 new frigate which I belive will use US/EU weaponry, and no one talks about embargoes ?

that brings out question, does embargoes topics still relevant when we talk about buying new toys ?
About tank or vehicle, some people still thin to have russian armor. Like marine procutemnt for APC whelled. Many people voted for bumerang russian apc with reason like marines usually used russian, marine persobel educated with russiian make vehicle, ig choose pandur adding cost and time for training etc (dont know it is right or not)

For missile, many people admire yakhont or russian made kilo submarine. Many poeple want iur industry capable like vietnam get licensed for KH 35 (remember IG post i shared on here) Embargo thing is in many field to worry (except in small arms likely we not worry about this)

It'll make a dent in the short term like any other acquisition, but it'll benefit so much in the long term not only for budget but also in terms of readiness rate and combat effectiveness from datalinking as well as increased availability in general.

Ironically enough, buying the F-15 to replace the Su 35 and the original Flankers in our inventory would actually DECREASE the operational expenditure. The F-15 shares a lot of parts with the F-16 to the point you can take out the engine of an F-16 and put it in one of the F-15 engine bays without modification.

In other news the US is planning on scaling back the MTCR agreement regarding the limited selling of heavier and UCAV capable drones to the global market. Think the Armed Forced should look into it.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...efense-industry-but-doing-so-has-consequences

Last edited:
Ironically enough, buying the F-15 to replace the Su 35 and the original Flankers in our inventory would actually DECREASE the operational expenditure. The F-15 shares a lot of parts with the F-16 to the point you can take out the engine of an F-16 and put it in one of the F-15 engine bays without modification.

In other news the US is planning on scaling back the MTCR agreement regarding the limited selling of heavier and UCAV capable drones to the global market. Think the Armed Forced should look into it.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...efense-industry-but-doing-so-has-consequences
F16's F100 has different exhaust with F15 one right?

F16's F100 has different exhaust with F15 one right?
No it was only the different nozzles between the F100-PW-100 on the Eagle and the F100-PW-200 on the earlier F-16. Starting with the F100-PW-220 the engines started being interchangeable.

The current F100-PW-229EEP powers both the Strike Eagle and late model F-16's.

No it was only the different nozzles between the F100-PW-100 on the Eagle and the F100-PW-200 on the earlier F-16. Starting with the F100-PW-220 the engines started being interchangeable.

F-15I (Israeli F-15E) uniquely uses the same engine nozzle as the F-16I Sufa
1206699.jpeg

Our F-16 eMLU's use the 220E's right? what about the older A/B and C/D models though, they should be the same right?

We'll have to see. I think I read somewhere that the LM did offer to upgrade the Blk 32's to the V standard as part of the package for new V's.

Taiwan project to convert their Block 20 to Viper standard. They still use 220, but their new Viper will use GE anyway so no need to change it to 229 I guess.

Trivia: their test pilot is the same guy who test our eMLU Falcon
20200501_124701.jpg

Taiwan project to convert their Block 20 to Viper standard. They still use 220, but their new Viper will use GE anyway so no need to change it to 229 I guess.

Trivia: their test pilot is the same guy who test our eMLU Falcon
View attachment 641348
Their converted F-16 block 20 to Viper Standard will use PW F100-229, while their new build F-16 Viper will use GE F110-129

Back
Top Bottom