What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

.The reason why Odense is offering the design with full tech transfer is because Odense is bankrupt. Apart from the Arrowhead deriative they failed to sell any more hulls apart from the Iver Huidtfelts in Danish service.
Do you know why that is the case? Is it more because of external factors? I mean Huidfelts and its STANFLEX concept sounds good on paper, don't know why not many navies find it appealing

Personally, I very much prefer the Damen and Naval Group offerings over Odense. They are arguably better and more modern designs and considering how new they are, can only be further expanded upon with time.
I do too finds the Damen's Omega class offering much more appealing, albeit for more shallow reason of simply looking badass.

No, this and that is very different matter altogether
Wouldn't RNoAF bird is pretty fatigued/high hours by now.

Iam curious why buy new assault rifle we have pindad ss3 it has modern feature picatiny rail etc, its for specs ops?

Maybe for getting kicks back. The amount is also quite large so it is not for small quantity acquisition. KPK should monitor this institution more. I wonder why not many corrupt case happen in Armed force. The previous helicopter case is also going no where since Armed Force corruption trial is conducted by Armed force special court, something that need to be changed by our law. We have our own made rifle with similar type that have already won many military competition though against western rifles used by US and Britain soldiers.

Such practice is profound in the past and @Chestnut as some one working in defense industry still see this behavior is still not changed Today. If we cannot eliminate this thing, it is difficult to make our armed force really professional. I also suspect F 16 V acquisition and the intention to upgrade F 16 C/D is suspicious.

First reason. 2 squadrons of F 16 V is mean to replace Hawk 100/200 according to our Air Force but Hawk 100/200 itself is not like F 5 tiger that needs urgent replacement, Hawk can still be operated until 2035 since the induction is in 98-99 and it should be replaced by KFX/IFX starting at 2026, but KFX/IFX procurement will not give any one any kick back.

Second reason. F 16 C/D upgrade that is stated by Yuyu Sutrisna seems just to get another Lockheed Martin contracts since the planes avionics and radar are still relatively new. It is not as advance as F 16 block 70, that is right but the concept of buying refurbished second hand is to use it as stop gap before inducting KFX/IFX fighters. F 16 block 52 is enough for Indonesia for the mean time. For long time we have operated F 16 without AMRAAM anyway.

Maybe for getting kicks back. The amount is also quite large so it is not for small quantity acquisition. KPK should monitor this institution more. I wonder why not many corrupt case happen in Armed force. The previous helicopter case is also going no where since Armed Force corruption trial is conducted by Armed force special court, something that need to be changed by our law. We have our own made rifle with similar type that have already won many military competition though against western rifles used by US and Britain soldiers.

Such practice is profound in the past and @Chestnut as some one working in defense industry still see this behavior is still not changed Today. If we cannot eliminate this thing, it is difficult to make our armed force really professional. I also suspect F 16 V acquisition and the intention to upgrade F 16 C/D is suspicious.

First reason. 2 squadrons of F 16 V is mean to replace Hawk 100/200 according to our Air Force but Hawk 100/200 itself is not like F 5 tiger that needs urgent replacement, Hawk can still be operated until 2035 since the induction is in 98-99 and it should be replaced by KFX/IFX starting at 2026, but KFX/IFX procurement will not give any one any kick back.

Second reason. F 16 C/D upgrade that is stated by Yuyu Sutrisna seems just to get another Lockheed Martin contracts since the planes avionics and radar are still relatively new. It is not as advance as F 16 block 70, that is right but the concept of buying refurbished second hand is to use it as stop gap before inducting KFX/IFX fighters. F 16 block 52 is enough for Indonesia for the mean time. For long time we have operated F 16 without AMRAAM anyway.

Lol worth to be mentioned all of our deals with US army dealer is through by fair chance like FMS and other who under scrutiny of US senate and goung under public announcement like DCSA. All is open, even until the detailed deals like their value and sub components value all nominal is mentioned with their batch production. Meanwhile Indonesia deals with European business is actually more shady (like UK scorpion tanks, Hawk, and so on not to mention when dealing with Russian and Korean as they are more prone toward this kind of habit

Norway : Buy our NASAMS and get our used F-16 for free..!!
to be honest , if the norway decide to sell 46 of their F-16 for a hefty price , let's say around 800 - 1.5 billion ish price range, i would recommend to take it , however that would make our f-16 fleet + 32 brand new vipers creating 7 squadron , is indonesia ready to provide the supporting stuff such as airbase and other thing , the lockheed martin may aswell seeing this as opportunity to provide us with TOT of maintenance and MRO or even more , making the spare parts.

to be honest , if the norway decide to sell 46 of their F-16 for a hefty price , let's say around 800 - 1.5 billion ish price range, i would recommend to take it , however that would make our f-16 fleet + 32 brand new vipers creating 7 squadron , is indonesia ready to provide the supporting stuff such as airbase and other thing , the lockheed martin may aswell seeing this as opportunity to provide us with TOT of maintenance and MRO or even more , making the spare parts.
We've always made spare parts for the F-16. When General Dynamics first came to us in the 90's offering the F-16 over Boeing's F-15, part of the deal was setting up an MRO facility in PTDI along with the manufacture of certain spare parts. This is why I've always lobbied for more US arms. You can say whatever you want about US politics but US weaponry is undoubtedly superior to their Russian counterparts and often times they have better trade deals that comes with them.

Uniquely, Norwegian F-16 has AN/ALQ-162 Internal ECM, although they also have AN/ALQ-131 ECM Pod

"Royal Norwegian Air Force F-16s are equipped with the Northrop Grumman AN/ALQ-162 internally mounted deception jammer. In April 1998, Norway decided to acquire the Shadowbox II upgrade for the AN/ALQ-162. This will increase the capability of the baseline jammer to deny lock-on by pulse-Doppler (PD) and airborne intercept (AI) radar threats." (Source : www.f-16.net)
Alq162v2.gif

We do need them though. Right now, the Air Force's main issue is sortie generation due to lack of air frames and weapons. The AU would struggle to generate sorties from their Tri-Service bases after the first day of war against any capable tertiary adversary. Regardless of what aircraft it is, they need to be of sufficient numbers and would also need to be datalinked together in order to be a credible deterrence. The addition of more Vipers along with more advanced sub systems and weapons to our existing one would help us survive, at least, 2 weeks in the event of a war. Why 2 weeks? it's because 2 weeks is the time frame most countries use in defense planning as it is a realistic time frame for external help to arrive.

We shouldn't pass on a chance for more air frames of an existing type (along with associated equipment and upgrades to existing stocks) to wait on an unproven aircraft which is still in development that would likely only enter service in the late 2030's to early 2040's (Don't assume the KFX program wouldn't be delayed further and further) simply out of nationalistic jingoism.

If you take the 46 Norwegian Vipers + 32 Block 72's then upgrade them all to the Block 72 standard, datalinked through Link-16 and supported by E-7 AWACS + GCI radars and KC-46 tankers it would be a bigger deterrence againt any potential foe than the Flankers could ever be.

If you take the 46 Norwegian Vipers + 32 Block 72's then upgrade them all to the Block 72 standard, datalinked through Link-16 and supported by E-7 AWACS + GCI radars and KC-46 tankers it would be a bigger deterrence againt any potential foe than the Flankers could ever be.
And coated it with Have Glass V RAM (Radar absorbent material) paint scheme if US allowed us to do so .
5988692.jpg

gS6bFb_fP_PQ9n5tkEtzPw7EKn7IEG93fVa6QdO0yE8.jpg

2967734669_65c48813cc_b.jpg

and you got yourself a fleet of F-16ID "Whisperer Falcon/Dusk Falcon/Eclipse" << this is my own made callsign tbh

allright .... enough daydreaming .

Where in the video said that?

They upgrade the radar, not diganti (replace).
Ini impresi saya aja

More video.

If we really purchased Norway's F-16, our AF will probably use it as spares (cannibalization) and take some of its sensors/parts and use it to upgrade our 23 52ID (most of Norway's F-16 has undergone MLU upgrades)

If we really purchased Norway's F-16, our AF will probably use it as spares (cannibalization) and take some of its sensors/parts and use it to upgrade our 23 52ID (most of Norway's F-16 has undergone MLU upgrades)
About Link16 , we need to sign Cismoa first to get it right?
When it will be finalized?
Any "hambatan" ?

Back
Top Bottom