What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

we have got nothing to worry about, yet in here i wasnt even interested in financial gains but co-development.

Hasnt indonesia chosen korean U209 ?
There was something spoken about that but i see indonesian officials are quite hesitant about Turkey, or there are some other dynamics that i cant see or understand with my stance.
Neither U214 nor U209 belongs to turkey or korea, its German design and we cant over ToT but only adaptation of Indonesian subsystems, or same fore Korea.

yes indonesia has chosen korea for second batch (3 unit u209) subs procurement last april, but turkey will have opportunity offer to build u214 with Germany assistance for indonesian navy beyond 2024 to continue complete total 12 subs ideal, i hope there is positive progress in current turkey regional affair soon, so the indo-turks will continue in next cooperation projects

source: https://www.indomiliter.com/sasar-p...ype-214-untuk-tni-al/comment-page-1/#comments

Indonesia Sverdlovv class cruiser and Marines Corps brigade at stand by

72692483_2216438138464517_8721551944935538688_n.jpg

yes indonesia has chosen korea for second batch (3 unit u209) subs procurement last april, but turkey will have opportunity offer to build u214 with Germany assistance for indonesian navy beyond 2024 to continue complete total 12 subs ideal, i hope there is positive progress in current turkey regional affair soon, so the indo-turks will continue in next cooperation projects

source: https://www.indomiliter.com/sasar-p...ype-214-untuk-tni-al/comment-page-1/#comments
After being able to build submarines on their own (which will happen at 3rd U209), indonesia wouldnt seek external help and can directly sign a deal with Germany for acquistion of U214s. Germany and Korea could set up a better plan for cooperation of building it in indonesia with Korean assistance (since they would be familiar with staff in there,expats would feel comfortable).

Im glad it's too late , since tfx project is far more inferior than kfx and still does not have any clear roadmap for their fighter development , also mentioning about their current situation which making it worse to do cooperation with them (atleast for now or maybe one decade ahead)
Lol how you could even come up with that in mind?? Come on

I am sorry mod, what about engine ? Still imported from anotger country right? Since turkish industry as I know not mature enough to make jet engine

And with condition of Turkey politically etc
Tesekur

Cmiiw

(Edit : i must ask this in turkish forum sorry)
Kfx will also use imported engines the f414. While tfx will likely use f110

After being able to build submarines on their own (which will happen at 3rd U209), indonesia wouldnt seek external help and can directly sign a deal with Germany for acquistion of U214s. Germany and Korea could set up a better plan for cooperation of building it in indonesia with Korean assistance (since they would be familiar with staff in there,expats would feel comfortable).

The next target would be designing new submarine, well still sub and other critical component still being imported , but still it is a future far away from our current capability and Financial constrain.

Lol how you could even come up with that in mind?? Come on

The Turks under pressure right now, even UK in which BAE aero defense who hold many advance technology will be difficult to sell their technology to Turkey sides, not to mention other sub system like engines (in which Turkey only had two choices using US made GE license or Rolls Royce from UK), and other critical component.

https://sputniknews.com/world/20191...ts-to-turkey-will-be-suspended-amid-syria-op/

Other country will taking action soon or later if the debacle in middle east still persist.

Only if Turkey chose Russian technology but i believe they would not as the basic philosophy between Russian Arms industry and NATO based manufacturing design Turkey based their defense industry is differ a lot

This cases actually served as lesson for other countries like Korea, Indonesia to pursue more independen approach to build the capability to nurture our defense industry to prevent other countries dictate their policy and interest toward us by using their cards.

The next target would be designing new submarine, well still sub and other critical component still being imported , but still it is a future far away from our current capability and Financial constrain.

The Turks under pressure right now, even UK in which BAE aero defense who hold many advance technology will be difficult to sell their technology to Turkey sides, not to mention other sub system like engines (in which Turkey only had two choices using US made GE license or Rolls Royce from UK), and other critical component.

https://sputniknews.com/world/20191...ts-to-turkey-will-be-suspended-amid-syria-op/

Other country will taking action soon or later if the debacle in middle east still persist.

Only if Turkey chose Russian technology but i believe they would not as the basic philosophy between Russian Arms industry and NATO based manufacturing design Turkey based their defense industry is differ a lot

This cases actually served as lesson for other countries like Korea, Indonesia to pursue more independen approach to build the capability to nurture our defense industry to prevent other countries dictate their policy and interest toward us by using their cards.
Yup but how on earth someone come up with a conclusion that one fighter is inferior to another when both the aircraft (the ready one ) doesnt even exist yet lol.

at the first thought it will be more logical and more realistic to continue to work with korea for the next batch, but i think the decision maker have something in mind to open the tender, looking best price or best transfer of technology from various source maybe, that is why they let turkey, france and even russian to presenting they offer

Yup but how on earth someone come up with a conclusion that one fighter is inferior to another when both the aircraft (the ready one ) doesnt even exist yet lol.

Actually, i hope Turkey, South Korea and Indonesia maybe along with Brazil to do more coorperation in defense sector as their emerging defense industry can offset the big boys in defense industry at some extent.

you missed my point which i already elaborate in the previous page

one thing u missed i didn't say TF-X would be inferior but the "project" which circulate among geopolitics , that's why'd i said the current situation is not suitable to do cooperation on scale of fighter development with your countries , atleast for like one decade ahead , especially after your administration do a political stunt and you guys got a massive embargo and sanction hammer from every side , we already seen how hard it is to cooperate for such project even with countries that have no hurdle with the west , no offence TBH .

but i respect you're taking my word as "personal assumption" , im no expert in government admin either , just some random guy who roaming around the internet .

In order to achieve that , your shipyards would be ready to build any submarine on their own with limited external help, which will need to handle considerable amounts of submarines and training of staff. Might be speaking of terms expanding to 10 months.

I dont think Turkey intends to shift entire army into Russian philisophy, even in case of total embargo back in Cyprus times we sticked on NATO standards.
These times are temporary, the same has happened earlier and didnt last months, even Cyprus lasted a few years and Cyprus operation was more comprehensive than whats happening in Syria.
Actually, i hope Turkey, South Korea and Indonesia maybe along with Brazil to do more coorperation in defense sector as their emerging defense industry can offset the big boys in defense industry at some extent.
Unfortunately never will happen, (might happen in duos,but they will never come together). Reasons can be listed and we can even figure it out.

Instead of using HARM i would thing it would be more practical to try or even taking license for MAR 1 as future anti radiation missiles for KFX/IFX

Instead of using HARM i would thing it would be more practical to try or even taking license for MAR 1 as future anti radiation missiles for KFX/IFX
I'm thinking the same way! HARM is kinda expensive for us (agm 88e)and don't benefit us for a long term scale. getting license on US missile is kinda hard unless you're Japan

Back
Top Bottom