What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Yes, indeed. It's basically because of rampant KKN. Arab Saudi and it's neighbors weren't countries run with meritocracy. Family relationships is all you need to become a high profile figure in the military, not because of competency.

The royalty and their retainers got lots of family members but only one who can ascend the throne. Guess where the rest will go to? Yes, military. In other words, the military is a playground for children of royalty.

Incompetence leaderships coupled with rigid bureaucracy, any changes in battlefield will make them difficult to keep up with battlefield developments.

And you know the results.
Im never surprised when it took them years to beat the houthis from the yemeni southern coast. Now that it took so long the front has stabilized and houthis now start to turn the war in their favor. We're now seeing houthis is on the offensive instead of the defensive, a huge oil facility just got bombed yesterday, not to mention airport and oil pipe getting attavked deep inside saudi territory.

Btw im curious how the chain of command is run through our soldiers, does TNI encourage local commander high degree of autonomy or a rigid based chain of command from up to the lowest rank?

Its still nato compatible so not a really surprise the reason why I'm really confident why we will purchase massive american arms "embargo sawit" from EU, just look at it 32 viper with possibility of 16 more,aim&amraam,kc 46 have higher rank in tender rather than a330 mrtt i heard rumors that aewc and mpa is leaning towards boeing too

Why we're still hoping for C17 lol the production line has been shutdowned tho but if there's a chance to procure that we should then

Yes C-17 is better than A400M, if we can still get that then we should go for it...!

But why would you say that KC-46 have a higher rank in tender rather than A330 mrtt...? what makes it better..? even the USAF is not too happy with their current KC-46, while the A330 MRTT is already in operation by many countries, including Australia and Singapore...

Considering that our navy has always been European centric in their alutsista (missiles, cms, radar, hull, etc), it's actually rather extraordinary if they were to suddenly switch to American naval alutsista... it's possible, but seems unlikely in the short term... even Chinese naval subsystems is probably more likely (unfortunately)...

And yeah this new RKUHP is dangerous, it's basically going to criminalize a lot of people, especially the part where every sexual activity out of marriage will be outlawed... at the very least this law can be used as 'bancakan' to blackmail people... It's strange that no one seems to care about this though.. it's basically an invasion of our privacy by the state..
Who the hell start this RKUHP jokes, mau cari pesangon buat pensiun RUU lolos semua

Yes C-17 is better than A400M, if we can still get that then we should go for it...!

But why would you say that KC-46 have a higher rank in tender rather than A330 mrtt...? what makes it better..? even the USAF is not too happy with their current KC-46, while the A330 MRTT is already in operation by many countries, including Australia and Singapore...
Have u seen this one? http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/2019/01/hasil-kajian-tni-au-tanker-kc-46-lebih.html?m=1

Check this one too,about the problem for now U.S products sometimes have a bad problem&bugs but it will be fixed and improved lets hope the bugs have been fixed if we really2 going to purchase kc 46 lets just wait for 2020

Attachments

• Tanker AU_5.png
    Tanker AU_5.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 96
Why we're still hoping for C17 lol the production line has been shutdowned tho but if there's a chance to procure that we should then

Because Boeing still has 20 of them waiting for buyer, and with the numbers of C-17 in service with the USAAF support & spare parts will still be available for decades to come.

detail of babcock type 31
upload_2019-9-17_18-19-11.png

i hope we stay with the original sovaernet and iver huitfeldt config , since it pack more punch than this one (i think it's too big for such an armament configuration , the type 31 is atleast on par with the south africa meko "valour" or less , which also have smaller dimesion than the enormous babcock type 31) .

my dream configuration for our iver was , keep all the current radar and sensor , put away the mk 56 vls so we can have more room for additional mk41 vls (up to 64cell) , 4x4 Exocet launcher (the original danish sovaernet config able to carry 16 tube of harpoon) , main gun should be atleast 127mm (favoring the otobreda 127/64lw) , the one after it could be 35mm millenium , but i see that it can even handle 76mm gun no problem , so maybe a STRALES 76mm CIWS . the gun above helicopter hangar of course the 35mm millenium , keep the torps specification but change it with leonardo A244/S mod 3 and not MU90 impact (for commonality with current inventory) . that's just my 5cents of wet dreams

i have a fear that the configuration of babcok type 31 could also be chosen for our new frigate , since it has almost the same config that damen offer with their omega 6000

Last edited:
Because Boeing still has 20 of them waiting for buyer, and with the numbers of C-17 in service with the USAAF support & spare parts will still be available for decades to come.
For real? is there any chance we will purchase it? C-17 for tni and a400 for bumn?

detail of babcock type 31
View attachment 579796

i hope we stay with the original sovaernet and iver huitfeldt config , since it pack more punch than this one (i think it's too big for such an armament configuration , the type 31 is atleast on par with the south africa meko "valour" or less , which also have smaller dimesion than the enormous babcock type 31) .

my dream configuration for our iver was , keep all the current radar and sensor , put away the mk 56 vls so we can have more room for additional mk41 vls (up to 64cell) , 4x4 Exocet launcher (the original sovaernet able to carry 16 tube of harpoon , main gun should be atleast 127mm (favoring the otobreda 127/64lw) , the one after it could be either 35mm millenium but i see that it can even handle 76mm gun no problem , so maybe a STRALES 76mm CIWS . the gun above helicopter hangar of course the 35mm millenium . that's just my 5cents of wet dreams

i have a fear that the configuration of babcok type 31 could also be chosen for our new frigate , since it has almost the same config that damen offer with their omega 6000
Probably bigger than that or same with current specs or we can probably use seaRAM for ciws tho so we have third later missile

For real? is there any chance we will purchase it? C-17 for tni and a400 for bumn?

Probably bigger than that or same with current specs or we can probably use seaRAM for ciws tho so we have third later missile
Also great choice with that removal of mk 56 so we can add another stanflex,there will be 2 stanflex box if we use mk41 only

IMG_20190917_184346_551.jpg
IMG_20190917_184409_557.jpg

Dunno for TNI-AU procurement, but those spare C-17 was originally build as spare for USAAF, but Boeing is for-profit company so if there is a buyer they will sell it (ada uang ada barang)

KRI Tombak seen with c705, terma decoys,30mm ciws and 40mm guns firing
1:25 :guns::guns::smitten::smitten: This should be the basic standard for our KCR 60. Not sure about its sea performance but if she can handle it those combination for a 60 meters boat is a deadly one. Thanks man

Back
Top Bottom