What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

http://thorconpower.com/project/
View attachment 578000
View attachment 578001

if i remember correctly according to my lecturer , the plant would be ship based , and PAL would do Cooperation with Daewoo again to build the platform for the reactor

Aaach so it ThorCon that will build the fission module and other critical modules, a perfect choice indeed :tup:. Which mean we will have power ship (or barge) to provide power at the eastern part of Indonesia. But seeing that Daewoo & PT PAL also involve it mean it will be power ship instead power barge which is what ThorCon was envision in their original design.

Aaach so it ThorCon that will build the fission module and other critical modules, a perfect choice indeed :tup:. Which mean we will have power ship (or barge) to provide power at the eastern part of Indonesia. But seeing that Daewoo & PT PAL also involve it mean it will be power ship instead power barge which is what ThorCon was envision in their original design.
What's the difference between power ship and power barge?

What's the difference between power ship and power barge?

An example of power ship (conventional non nuclear)

Zeynep_Sultan_Seyir.JPG

An example of power barge (conventional non nuclear)

Estrella_del_Mar_II_powerbarge_with_tugboats_in_2012.jpg

Will it looks like this?

I think it will be a barge

Will it looks like this?

If I'm not mistaken that Russian power barge is PWR type reactor thus the actual reactor itself will be smaller for the given power output. However the majority of the size of any nuclear plant is the non-fissionable part (turbine, pumps, cooler loop, generators, etc)

I think it will be a barge

Yeach I just check ThorCon website and it seem it will be a barge. But at least it could be mobile enough.

After that developed to nuclear powered ferry tol laut
After that....cruiser?

Nuclear power ini gan, bukan nuclear propulsion.
Kalau nuclear propulsion ga mungkin lach walaupun 20 - 30 tahun lagi. Dan ongkos operasionalnya pun kemahalan (ga ekonomis)

FB_IMG_1567786474852.jpg

Cc : World Defense Zone FB page
KN Pulau Nipah , bakamla 80 metre OPV (which one of the ship that accidentally get flooded due to tide while they were still in the drydock) now is operational . i really wanted to ask the difference of task between bakamla and kplp ? And bakamla really need 130-150 metre OPV (i believe terafulk could lay another design and give it to Palindo Marine) , since 6000-10000 tonner now commonly showed up near our border (Natuna and sibutu strait incident recently)

Another post regarding of KN pulau nipah , look at the video in the last slide , that ship was rather fast :blink:

View attachment 578109
Cc : World Defense Zone FB page
KN Pulau Nipah , bakamla 80 metre OPV (which one of the ship that accidentally get flooded due to tide while they were still in the drydock) now is operational . i really wanted to ask the difference of task between bakamla and kplp ? And bakamla really need 130-150 metre OPV (i believe terafulk could lay another design and give it to Palindo Marine) , since 6000-10000 tonner now commonly showed up near our border (Natuna and sibutu strait incident recently)

Another post regarding of KN pulau nipah , look at the video in the last slide , that ship was rather fast :blink:
Hmmm.....that bridge and front hull looks strangely familiar, like i've seen 'em somewhere before..

Last edited:
Drama? Too busy with upcoming latgab? Interesting news indeed :D

Latihan bersama AS-ASEAN, Indonesia kirim 1 personel TNI
TNI mengatakan Indonesia tidak mengerahkan armadanya dalam latihan bersama itu

• DUNIA
  • 05 Eylül 2019 Perşembe 11:00
  • Agung
Indonesia hanya mengirimkan satu personel TNI Angkatan Laut dalam latihan perang bersama antara Amerika Serikat (AS) dengan negara anggota ASEAN di Laut Cina Selatan pada 2 September 2019.

Kepala Dinas Penerangan TNI Angkatan Laut Laksamana Pertama TNI Mohammad Zaenal mengatakan satu personel TNI AL tersebut hanya bertugas untuk mengamati atau observer.

Dia menegaskan Indonesia tidak mengerahkan alat utama sistem pertahanan (Alutsista) dalam latihan bersama itu.

Sejak Senin lalu berdasarkan siaran pers kedutaan Amerika Serikat di Bangkok, ASEAN dan AS melakukan latihan maritim bersama.

Latihan yang direncanakan akan berlangsung lima hari itu akan dilakukan di perairan internasional yakni di Teluk Thailand dan Laut Cina Selatan.

https://fokusjabar.com/dunia/latihan-bersama-as-asean-indonesia-kirim-1-personel-tni-h67470.html

1 personil tugasnya cuma 1 nyimak dipojokan wwkwkkw

Back
Top Bottom