What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

another Angkasa Yudha 2019 video....AGM-65 Maverick fire demo

Armada Jaya 2019

Is it just me or Armada Jaya this year is more "bersahaja" than previous years but with some technology improvements?
Buff up the Marines pls (and the Navy of course). I think getting more AAVs (especially the Korean version) is a good idea, considering their performance and also that the Marines seems to like them (well you can see one of them marked with "stars", a "VIP" thing i guess?). It can survives sea state 5, and is like the "staple" amphibious assault vehicle, so as the Marines already got a dozen of them, why not continue procuring more of 'em? idk it could complement the BTR-50 -> BT-3F family and PT-76 -> BMP-3F family.

Another thing is the Marines' Air Cavalry and Artillery, there's many homework to do regarding them. I would like to see the Military as a whole standardize the Towed Artillery to just 2 models maybe? one 105mm and one 155mm, especially if it's good in high mobility situation (quick deployment). It's good that TNI prioritized the SPH and MRLS and already got a decent amount of them (more CAESAR and ASTROS pls), however they neglected the towed artillery units, with the M101's successor yet to be chosen, while KH-178 and KH-179's fate remains unclear (whether TNI likes them or not). For 105mm, LIG-1 could be a decent choice (for the Army and Marines alike?), idk about any better choice at the moment. For 155mm i support M777, probably the best 155mm towed howitzer today, the US also seeks to standardize them on a massive scale, so expect a great quantity of them available on the market.

Air Cavalry is important and still in lacking condition, but there's already easy choice for them, obviously i'm talking about the licensed Bell 412 and H225 Caracal (with FFAR), other than that Mi-17 and the "other" could be good too (better if it got ramp door), it's kinda weird that Mi-17 is currently in Army's possession instead of the Marines, if you know what i mean. It could be great if the Marines could have Attack Helicopter's fire support, what mostly they do is Assault mission anyway, speed and firepower is important, it is good enough (lol) if the Army's Apaches could join the Navy's operation, but it's better if the Marines could get it's own Attack Helicopters (one choice pop up in my mind).

Btw, i'm intrigued by this:
ndl_40.jpg

5998614_20131024014051.jpg

Idk the concept kinda interesting to me, NDL-40, a 6-8km ranged light rocket artillery loaded with 20 70mm FFAR, it could be a decent light infantry support asset, especially for a COIN encirclement scenario, the troops could laid waste to the area fast and easy, better than using any towed artillery. That's just my thought tho, it would be interesting they could make something similar to this but with 12km-ish range, and more modern/advanced system.

Just a shower thought : i think the Indonesian military is good at/ really like : HUMINT, COIN, Submarine operation, rocket artillery, shipbuilding, special force...

Hmm... even though I read the specs are better in this new version of KCR60, I think the previous bridge model looks better... Btw, what's the purpose of that big wide front door...? Almost looks like hangar doors... also as usual it still comes as FFBNW... hopefully it can be fitted with weapons soon enough..

Buff up the Marines pls (and the Navy of course). I think getting more AAVs (especially the Korean version) is a good idea, considering their performance and also that the Marines seems to like them (well you can see one of them marked with "stars", a "VIP" thing i guess?). It can survives sea state 5, and is like the "staple" amphibious assault vehicle, so as the Marines already got a dozen of them, why not continue procuring more of 'em? idk it could complement the BTR-50 -> BT-3F family and PT-76 -> BMP-3F family.

Another thing is the Marines' Air Cavalry and Artillery, there's many homework to do regarding them. I would like to see the Military as a whole standardize the Towed Artillery to just 2 models maybe? one 105mm and one 155mm, especially if it's good in high mobility situation (quick deployment). It's good that TNI prioritized the SPH and MRLS and already got a decent amount of them (more CAESAR and ASTROS pls), however they neglected the towed artillery units, with the M101's successor yet to be chosen, while KH-178 and KH-179's fate remains unclear (whether TNI likes them or not). For 105mm, LIG-1 could be a decent choice (for the Army and Marines alike?), idk about any better choice at the moment. For 155mm i support M777, probably the best 155mm towed howitzer today, the US also seeks to standardize them on a massive scale, so expect a great quantity of them available on the market.

Air Cavalry is important and still in lacking condition, but there's already easy choice for them, obviously i'm talking about the licensed Bell 412 and H225 Caracal (with FFAR), other than that Mi-17 and the "other" could be good too (better if it got ramp door), it's kinda weird that Mi-17 is currently in Army's possession instead of the Marines, if you know what i mean. It could be great if the Marines could have Attack Helicopter's fire support, what mostly they do is Assault mission anyway, speed and firepower is important, it is good enough (lol) if the Army's Apaches could join the Navy's operation, but it's better if the Marines could get it's own Attack Helicopters (one choice pop up in my mind).

Btw, i'm intrigued by this:
ndl_40.jpg

5998614_20131024014051.jpg

Idk the concept kinda interesting to me, NDL-40, a 6-8km ranged light rocket artillery loaded with 20 70mm FFAR, it could be a decent light infantry support asset, especially for a COIN encirclement scenario, the troops could laid waste to the area fast and easy, better than using any towed artillery. That's just my thought tho, it would be interesting they could make something similar to this but with 12km-ish range, and more modern/advanced system.

Just a shower thought : i think the Indonesian military is good at/ really like : HUMINT, COIN, Submarine operation, rocket artillery, shipbuilding, special force...

The NDL 40 concept really look like Type 63 mobile rocket launcher of PLA

1024px-H12_Type_63_multiple_rocket_launcher.jpeg

It just right now Indonesia , China and other invest heavily at more larger caliber and modular type of MLRS.

For towed arty, i am proposing to made joint venture effort to made them locally, as it was quite vital component for the army as artillery is the best friend for any infantry units. Argentina and South Korean got decent modern design of 155 mm towed arty, along with South Africa, but i believe army would prefer manual setting though instead of the automated ones.

marines, no, NAVY is indeed need more helicopter and among many type of helicopter i would push for more ASW with multiple capability like the Romeo as they can be used for many combat roles, even SAR purpose (a role deemed the most important thing here) , Panther is too small and got rather limited roles compared to Romeo

an-mh-60r-seahawk-helicopter-assigned-to-the-swamp-foxes-of-helicopter-HFCC4C.jpg

CN-235 NG Infographic
FB_IMG_15544533856070221.jpg

Credit to Fb page Lightning II Chan

Malaysian offset request for 32 6x6 APC worth 40 Millions US$ & collaboration with local industries + research universities
Credit to Fb page World Defense Zone
FB_IMG_15640568929456692.jpg
FB_IMG_15640568978239024.jpg

The NDL 40 concept really look like Type 63 mobile rocket launcher of PLA

View attachment 570748
It just right now Indonesia , China and other invest heavily at more larger caliber and modular type of MLRS.

For towed arty, i am proposing to made joint venture effort to made them locally, as it was quite vital component for the army as artillery is the best friend for any infantry units. Argentina and South Korean got decent modern design of 155 mm towed arty, along with South Africa, but i believe army would prefer manual setting though instead of the automated ones.

marines, no, NAVY is indeed need more helicopter and among many type of helicopter i would push for more ASW with multiple capability like the Romeo as they can be used for many combat roles, even SAR purpose (a role deemed the most important thing here) , Panther is too small and got rather limited roles compared to Romeo

View attachment 570750

Around 3 or 4 years ago prior to procurement of 11 AS565 Panther ASW helicopters there was actually a plan to acquire 11 SH-2G Super Seasprite from RAN, however the plan was cancelled in favour of Panther. Even up untill 72nd Armed Forces anniversary 2017 we still put up the picture depicting Super Seasprite
Screenshot_2019-07-25-20-04-11-1.png

Credit to IG @military_buzz

Around 3 or 4 years ago prior to procurement of 11 AS565 Panther ASW helicopters there was actually a plan to acquire 11 SH-2G Super Seasprite from RAN, however the plan was cancelled in favour of Panther. Even up untill 72nd Armed Forces anniversary 2017 we still put up the picture depicting Super Seasprite
View attachment 570762
Credit to IG @military_buzz

Compared to Seasprite, Retired Seahawk of RAN is more interesting

Compared to Seasprite, Retired Seahawk of RAN is more interesting
Yup, Seahawk has more numerous operators and widely used therefore logistically no problems whereas Super Seasprite mostly are retired except ones in New Zealand & Egypt, even US no longer operates them. I've read also RAN retired Seasprite due to deficiencies they found.

baru ngeh, output power engine sport car modern banyak yg lebih gede daripada APC sekelas Anoa atau M113, kek porsche carrera gt output powernya bisa 450 HP bandingin ama M113 yg standar di 250-280 hp

THE RAIN OF ANGELS OF DEATH FROM ABOVE

Ahhhh it always give me goosebumps everytime i see the airborne operation like this.....what a beautiful sight isn't it? in LATGAB TNI 2014 we already drop a bigade level paratroopers with 12 C-130 and i want to see more like this in the future.....but i'm curious about airborne operation like this....is this still relevant in the modern warfare or not? i mean in WW2 airborne operation like this is common but how about now?

https://ppid.tni.mil.id/view/32435994/pelaksanaan-kegiatan-cismoaccib-ke-17-2-di-hawai-usa.html

Looks like we're going to adopt Tactical Data Link-16 in future and more US made items to come, in fact we model ourself based on US military. Pardon for sharing non English article however this comes straight from our own TNI website.
Let me just jump to " advise " section translation :
1) CCIB To coordinate with OCD & PACOM regarding authorisation for Request in Principal (RIP) & Request in Spesific (RIS) to integrate Link-16 for F-16 A/B
2) TNI AU HQ to coordinate hardware & software upgrades in order integrate link-16 for regenerised F-16 C/D from Hill AFB, US
3) Collaboration from TNI-AD to adopt Link-16 for AH-64 Apache in order to enhance operational capabillities. It is advised TNI-AD to forward RIP & RIS
4) Personel supports to undergo training in order upgrading capabillities to manage, operate & optimise Link-16 usage

Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-10-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-25-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-39-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-54-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-09-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-23-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-41-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-56-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-22-21-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-22-34-1.png

Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-10-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-25-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-39-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-20-54-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-09-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-23-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-41-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-56-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-22-21-1.png Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-22-34-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-09-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-25-22-21-09-1.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
@Marine Rouge
I alway wonder, what is that dumb bomb?
Looks old school,
why still use it?
Is there greater advantage from MK series?
Our air force start using mk84 too right?

baru ngeh, output power engine sport car modern banyak yg lebih gede daripada APC sekelas Anoa atau M113, kek porsche carrera gt output powernya bisa 450 HP bandingin ama M113 yg standar di 250-280 hp

Power dapet segitu karena putaran mesin rendah. Kalo mesin heavy duty lebih fokus ke Torsi. Jangankan M113, contoh mesin MBT aja 1500 hp, sedangkan mobil-mobil dragster banyak yang nyampe 2500 hp, tapi coba pasang mesin mobil drag ke MBT. Dijamin gak akan narik.

@Marine Rouge
I alway wonder, what is that dumb bomb?
Looks old school,
why still use it?
Is there greater advantage from MK series?
Our air force start using mk84 too right?
That looks like Russian FAB-500 M62 bomb for our Flankers.
FB_IMG_15641074727536284.jpg

We have OFAB series bombs for our Flankers
FB_IMG_15641063975007135.jpg
FB_IMG_15641063845967861.jpg

Army hinted their branch is really want to add the number of ASTROS MLRS in service, along with training to operate missile system (Astros guided rocket Apparently) , they love big bad *** rocket.

Pertemuan Kasad dengan Panglima AD Brasil, Lanjutkan dan Tingkatkan Kerja Sama Bilateral Militer
Oleh Deddy Triyanto 25 Jul 2019
img-20190725-wa0059.jpg

#TNIAD
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppTelegramShare

JAKARTA, tniad.mil.id – Pada pertemuan Kepala Staf Angkatan Darat (Kasad) Jenderal TNI Andika Perkasa dan Panglima Angkatan Darat Brasil, General Edson Leal Pujol, keduanya sepakat untuk melanjutkan dan meningkatkan kerja sama bilateral militer kedua negara.

Hal itu disampaikan Kepala Dinas Penerangan Angkatan Darat (Kadispenad) Brigjen TNI Candra Wijaya, dalam rilis tertulisnya di Mabesad, Jakarta, Kamis (25/7/2019).

Diungkapkan Kadispenad, kunjungan Panglima AD Brasil kali ini merupakan kunjungan kehormatan balasan, dimana sebelumnya Kasad (Jenderal TNI Mulyono) berkunjung ke Brasil di bulan April 2018.

“Sehingga, kali ini, dalam kunjungannya ke Indonesia, Kasad (Jenderal TNI Andika Perkasa) mengucapkan terima kasih atas penghormatan dan kerjasamanya kepada TNI AD selama ini,” imbuhnya.

Itu juga, lanjut Candra , menunjukkan keeratan hubungan kemitraan antara Brasil dan Indonesia selama ini.

“Dalam pertemuan yang berlangsung hangat dan penuh persahabatan itu, Kasad juga mengucapkan selamat atas pengangkatan General Edson Leal Pujol sebagai Panglima Angkatan Darat Brasil yang baru,” tegasnya.

Lebih lanjut Candra katakan, saat bincang-bincang terdapat beberapa hal yang disepakati terkait kerja sama bilateral militer TNI AD dengan AD Brasil.

Baca juga: Bersekolah Seadanya, Satgas Yonif 755 Berikan Seragam dan Tas di SD Distrik Obaa
“Selain sepakat melanjutkan dan meningkatkan kerja sama bilateral militer kedua angkatan darat juga sepakat untuk bekerjasama pada bidang industri strategis.

“Seperti pengadaan, pemeliharaan, dan suku cadang MLRS Astros MK 6 buatan Brasil serta rencana penambahannya,” jelasnya.

Diungkapkan juga oleh Candra, tahun 2020 mendatang direncanakan pelaksanaan Army to Army Staff Talks

“Serta kerja sama bidang pendidikan, yaitu pelatihan bahasa Portugis di Pusdikpengmilum di Kodiklatad, serta pendidikan lanjutan Perwira Korps Artileri di Indonesia dan Brasil,” tegas Candra.

“Juga dilaksanakan pendidikan setingkat Seskoad di Brasil dan kursus sistem operasi rudal, taktik perang hutan, dan operasi Siber di Brasil,” jelasnya.

Selanjutnya Candra sampaikan bahwa komitmen kerja sama TNI AD yang dibangun tidak hanya terbatas pada hubungan bilateral saja, namun di forum-forum internasional,” terangnya.

“Pada pertemuan yang juga dihadiri oleh beberapa pejabat TNI AD, Panglima AD Brasil mengatakan kepada Kasad bahwa selama lebih dari 20 tahun, Indonesia dan Brasil telah berhasil mempertahankan hubungan persaudaraan yang sehat dan kerja sama bilateral melalui kemitraan militer.

Baca juga: Asabri Berikan Santunan Pada 13 Prajurit yang Gugur di Poso
“Tahun 2003, Komandan Jenderal AD Brasil saat itu, Gleuber Vieira mengukuhkan persahabatan jangka panjang ini pada waktu kunjungan Kepresidenan ke Indonesia, “ urainya.

Terlepas dari perbedaan budaya, bahasa dan tradisi, ungkap Candra, tidak ada satu pun hambatan bagi penyesuaian antar negara yang berbeda.

“Bagaimana pun, kita sama-sama memegang nilai-nilai universal dari persahabatan, pekerjaan yang menyegarkan semangat dan kegembiraan hidup. Kita bersama dapat sambil menikmati pertandingan sepakbola yang bagus, “ tuturnya.

“Ini semua menjadi suatu kehormatan yang akan tetap diingat dalam memperkuat hubungan bilateral antar kedua Angkatan Bersenjata,” pungkasnya. (Dispenad)

https://tniad.mil.id/2019/07/pertemuan-kasad-panglima-ad-brasil-lanjutkan-tingkatkan-kerja/

Back
Top Bottom