What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

the iron fists had made sure these people spread with double speed

Islam version of ISIS is just to worship Al-Baghdady, he violates many Shariah Law like killing all war prisoners and expel Christian (how can he expel Christian where Christian and Jews was a part of Madinah state during our prophet time where Muslim at that time even has an obligation to help any Cristhian and Jews living at Madinah from their enemy) ISIS doesnt understand how to use context in interpreting Quran which is seen how they executed their war prisoner, people who cannot interpret Quran should become a follower and not taking a leadership position like he wants to. The value of our Pancasila is not against Islam value and shariah.

The value of our Pancasila is not against Islam value and shariah.

An interesting article explain about Pancasila contextualized Islam

Pancasila-contextualized Islam
A. Chaedar Alwasilah, Bangkok | Opinion | Sat, July 13 2013, 12:28 PM

Once, I was invited to present a paper on an interfaith dialogue organized by a Hong Kong-based university. Later I learned from the committee that I was purposely solicited to represent Indonesians as moderate Muslims as opposed to hard-line Muslims.

The moderate-hard-liner dichotomy is commonly used by the West to describe Muslim politics across the world. Putting practical politics aside, this essay highlights an overlap between Islam as a faith and Pancasila as the state ideology.

As the youngest revealed Abrahamic religion, Islam is belief in tauhid, namely the unity of God, revealed by God through wahyu or tele-angel communication by Archangel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad.

To be a Muslim, one has to be committed to the syahadat or self-declaration of belief in God and Muhammad as His Messenger. This commitment constitutes the first and most fundamental pillar of Islam. As a monotheistic religion, Islam teaches its followers to develop a solid faith and a monotheistic attitude toward life.

By virtue of the syahadat, all Muslims believe that Islam is one, while Muslims are many. The haj or the obligatory pilgrimage is a showcase of this unity.

The great holy mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, is the center of the haj, where more than 2 million Muslims from all over the world flock together. The haj is indeed the world’s greatest human congregation held every year.

Moreover, all Muslims across the world recite the daily five prayers in Arabic and all direct their faces toward the Ka’bah, an ancient cubic building at the very center of the mosque in Mecca.

The fact that Arabic is the only language allowed for the reciting of prayers is in part to help maintain the monotheistic attitude in faith. Arabic, however, will never be the only language of communication beyond the prayers even among Muslims themselves. You would find that more educated Indonesian Muslims speak English than Arabic.

How Islam is interpreted and implemented in daily life varies from person to person and community to community across the globe. This is where the monotheistic faith blends with local culture. There are more than 1 billion Muslims with distinctive traditions across the planet.

The notion of aurat (not exposing certain parts of the body to the public), for example, is recognized by all Muslims all over the world. However, the way Muslim women dress in Iran, Turkey, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia varies significantly. Again, it shows how Islam blends with local culture.

Islam was not the first religion to enter Indonesia. Hinduism was the first to arrive here, then Buddhism, Islam and, later, Christianity. All these religions have profoundly shaped and continue to shape the outlook of their adherents.

The struggle for political independence from 1945 to 1949 against the Dutch was also strongly motivated by religious teachings, especially among Muslims, Christians and Hindus. Many ulama (Muslim clerics) and santri (Muslim students) lost their lives during the colonial era.

With those religions as the background plus hundreds of ethnic groups, Indonesia is indeed one of the world’s greatest multicultural countries. Fortunately, Pancasila has been a unifying ideology for the whole population.

The empirical or actually existing Islam across the globe, due to its divergence in social, economic and political contexts, suggests that Islam means different things. Islam cannot be perceived as monolithic, as its teachings can be interpreted in a number of different ways.

Given the poly-interpretability of Islamic teachings, no individual can claim that his or her understanding of Islam is truer or more authoritative than others. By way of comparison, Islam does not recognize religious priesthood. Therefore, it is imperative that all Muslims develop religious tolerance.

At the national level, the founding fathers of the country realized the sociocultural context of Indonesia and anticipated the potential danger of imposing one particular official religion.

Despite being the majority of the population, the majority of Indonesian Muslims are not unhappy with Pancasila as the state’s philosophy. You can be a virtuous Muslim living in a secular state as much as you can be a corrupt Muslim living in an Islamic state. This is the moderate attitude of the majority.

Muslims here are happy, especially with the first principle of Pancasila, namely belief in one supreme God. For Muslims, it restates the first half of the syahadat, namely belief in the oneness of God.

The other principles of Pancasila – just and civilized humanity; the unity of Indonesia; democracy that is guided by the inner wisdom of its leaders, and social justice for all the people in Indonesia – are principles for managing the country and they are all palatable with the first principle.

Above all, belief in God sets moral values to observe in all walks of life. It tells Muslims how to conduct themselves according to God’s teachings. When it comes to politics and management of the state in general, religion does not give any prescription, as it does for prayer and haj rituals.

The moderate Muslims are happy with Pancasila as the guiding principles for managing the country. Any effort to make Islam the state ideology would encounter strong resistance not only from non-Muslims but also from moderate Muslims.

The Religious Affairs Ministry has performed its main task in the field of administration and the development of religions. The most challenging of all these tasks has been related to recurring SARA (ethnicity, tradition, race and religion) disputes.

Globalization has impacted the SARA discourse in the country for better or worse. Religious conflicts taking place in Iraq, Turkey, India and, most recently, in Egypt will affect the politics, socioeconomics and security in the country.

The one essential for coping with all this is religious harmony. We are destined to be born in a multicultural Indonesia. There is no way to change our course. Let us safeguard Pancasila to guide us in managing the country.

The writer is a professor at the Indonesian University of Education (UPI), Bandung.

Pancasila-contextualized Islam | The Jakarta Post

Last edited:
I have met people like them, they dont understand Quran and Hadist quite well. The way they interpret Quran is so simple. People who don't learn Islam since kid and suddenly become pious can be a potential recruits for them. I can easily see low level of Quran and Hadist understanding in NII doctrine when in several time I was invited by them and debated them as well. Hiring Sarlito (psychologist) to cure them is wrong, better to hire pious Muslim with high understanding of Islam and has modest life style to cure their leader mind at prison.

The real Islam is very different with their version. Even I dont like Jakarta Charter, because it will make the state become the God. Ridiculous insertion in that charter where even our prophet didn't put in Madinah Charter. How come we can force women to wear hijab and Muslim to pray ??? It is actually violating Shariah law and make Muslim start to pray and use Hijab because of the state, not because of ALLAH. And in Quran and Hadist it has been said clearly that all worshiping will be valued based on its intention in the heart and not in its physical level. It is so understandable that people like them ban Tasawuf teaching. They dont understand the deepest understanding of Islam which is the difficult one, which is surrendering our heart to ALLAH and start loving Him more than anyone and anything else.

For Indonesian member here, to make it clear, my avatar is not my kid, I am still single...... :D She is a Palestinian who died because of Israeli aggression. I put her at mine to respect her and say to the whole world that Indonesia is in Palestinian side. Looking forward to see Indonesian Embassy at West Bank soon.

And this is what I want to say to Israeli politician and soldiers.... :butcher:

For Indonesian member here, to make it clear, my avatar is not my kid, I am still single...... :D She is a Palestinian who died because of Israeli aggression. I put her at mine to respect her and say to the whole world that Indonesia is in Palestinian side. Looking forward to see Indonesian Embassy at West Bank soon.

she looks like a cousin of mine... rest in peace little child..

cute kid....... :-), i thought she was your grandson...... pardon...

Mr you want to stop them as goverment to implement Islam or you will soon seen them on your streets

anyone showing open support to ISIS in Indonesia should go to jail
anyone openly recruit let alone forced Indonesian to join ISIS should go to jail

this is clear cut case, we will not tolerate these vermin in our country

And this is what I want to say to Israeli politician and soldiers....
About Palestine, this is what i want to say to Israeli politician, Hamas leaders especially Khaled Mishaal who cowardly lived in luxury hotel in Qatar, US government, Fatah, Qatar, Jordanian & Turkish leader who use Palestine issue for their political stunts :butcher:

Lockheed Martin Announces Indonesian Radar Industry Initiative

2014-08-06 05:30

-- GLOBAL SUPPLIER identifies local partners to assist Indonesian Air Force in radar modernization

JAKARTA, Indonesia, August 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has launched an Indonesian radar industry initiative as part of its efforts to support the country's plans to modernize and extend its air SURVEILLANCE coverage.

This initiative includes technology transfers to aid in the development of a new Indonesian radar industry, as well as partnerships with local universities to cultivate the workforce necessary to support it.Enhancing Indonesia's ability to make critical radar components will reduce the nation's reliance on foreign suppliers, while providing employment opportunities for its citizens.

"Lockheed Martin is committed to supporting Indonesia and its defense industry revitalization plans," said Robert Laing, National Executive, Lockheed Martin, Indonesia. "Our goal is to create a new technology sector and associated jobs to ensure a sustainable industry in Indonesia."

Lockheed Martin has worked with the Bandung INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (ITB) to produce an engineering curriculum focused on radar technologies. Similar programs, along with ongoing technical seminars and education opportunities, are training future leaders in the development of this technology. The Corporation also has established an Indonesia-based manufacturing capability with local companies, which have begun producing radar components.

Lockheed Martin is competing for Indonesia's Ground Control Intercept (GCI) radar program. Should the company be selected for this opportunity, it would provide significant new employment possibilities for its local INDUSTRY PARTNERS, estimated at up to 2 million labor hours over the lifetime of these radars. These Indonesian partners would be capable of producing nearly $100M (USD) of radar components per year.

Lockheed Martin's extensive air surveillance radar experience can HELP INDONESIA ensure a SAFE AND SECURE airspace for both civilian air traffic and national sovereignty for many years to come. Lockheed Martin has produced and currently maintains MORE than 200 air surveillance radars in 30 countries. Operational around the world 24 hours a day, these radars work completely unmanned and many have performed for decades in extremely harsh, remote environments. None of these radars has ever been taken out of service, and many systems continue to operate well beyond their original 20-year service lives. This longevity is a result of Lockheed Martin's continuous investment in state-of-the-art technology and its commitment to customer missions.

Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 113,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the RESEARCH, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2013 were $45.4 billion.

Lockheed Martin Announces Indonesian Radar Industry Initiative-PR Newswire Asia-Newswire

Oh yeach wait, i am forgot to mention this. The first shipment of Indonesian Astros has come in Tanjung Priok, Jakarta today. Pics will follow

credit to ahonk, progress of Indonesian Navy oiler and refinery ship

build3-984x656.jpg

build2-984x656.jpg

build6-984x656.jpg

build5-984x656.jpg

(CREDIT: PT. DKB)
2889674_HhyxHcLbo1rUXpxnkHmv3H9J26AatdJwhIMhi6ABwRc.jpg

2889674_G09E6EwXjnKDSOVvWj5HryY7EExi5C3VqHG4NMeS4e0.jpg

(Credit: IB A)

Indonesia on Bid PN’s first ASW helicopters

by Editor 5/08/2014 | 3:00 Posted in Nation

Philippine News Agency – There is a strong possibility that the AgustaWestland AW-159 “Wildcat” will be selected as the Philippine Navy’s (PN’s) first anti-submarine warfare (ASW) helicopter.

This was revealed by a military source Tuesday.

The former made this statement after noting that the AW-159 complies satisfactorily with all the requirements set by the Department of National Defense.

The AW-159 (previously called the Future Lynx and Lynx Wildcat) is an improved version of the Westland Super Lynx military helicopter.

The AW-159 will serve in the battlefield utility, search and rescue and anti-surface warfare roles.

The helicopter has been ordered for the Royal Navy and British Army.

It is to enter service with the British Army in 2014 and with the Royal Navy in 2015.

It has a crew of two, has a maximum speed of 291 km/h (181 mph), range of 777 km (483 miles), ferry range of 963 km (598 miles) and an endurance of one and a-half hours (fours hours and 30 minutes if fitted with auxiliary fuel)

The AW-159 is fitted with forward firing CRV7 rockets and machine guns, pintel mounted machine gun, Sea Skua missiles and Sting-Ray torpedoes and depth charges.

The ASW helicopter project is worth P5.4 billion.

Some of its specifications include: Endurance of at least two hours in ASW configuration, Range of 240 nautical miles in full ASW configuration, Must provide individual crew stations for pilots and operational crew to safely operate necessary sensor/equipment during ASW and ASUW (anti-surface warfare) operations.

Shall be fitted with an automatic/main rotor blade fold system (if four bladed) and/or tail pylon fold system if longer than the ship’s helicopter hangar, Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)/Selective Identification Feature (SIF), Portable downlink receiver, at least one unit brand-new unit per helicopter, must be ready to be installed in any surface ship or ground station specified by Philippine Navy (PN), and must be interoperable with the installed data link system of the ASW helicopter.

Money for the two ASW helicopters will be sourced from Armed Forces of the Philippines Modernization Trust Fund.

Acquisition of the two ASW helicopters is under the Medium Term Development Capability Plan for 2013 to 2017.

The contract includes munition, mission essential equipment, and integrated logistic support.

Three companies have expressed interest in the project and these are PT Dirgantara Indonesia, Airbus Helicopters and AgustaWestland.

Bid submission and opening took place last July 15.

Winning bidders must be able to deliver the aircraft within 730 calendar days.

This is part of the country’s Medium Term Defense Acquisition List for the next four years.

The ASW choppers will be assigned to the BRP Gregorio Del Pilar (PF-15) and BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF-16).

The acquisition process for these ASW helicopters is expected to go on full gear once the PN completes its five AW-109 order deal from AgustaWestland by the third quarter of 2014.

AW-159 likely to be PN’s first ASW helicopters

Rheinmetall Denel Munition and PINDAD Starting their cooperation

Created on Thursday, 07 August 2014 12:47

2058574_20140807010458.jpg

One more pilot project for the revival of Indonesian defense industry has been initiated. This time PT. PINDAD seeks to establish cooperation with Rheinmetall Denel Munition (RDM) to produce Caliber Ammunition Special and Large Caliber. Cooperation MoU signing was done at the Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta, on Thursday afternoon. The signing is done directly by the President Director of PT. PINDAD, Sudirman Said the CEO of RDM, Robert Schulze.

RDM CEO stated, they choose PT. PINDAD because they already have production capabilities, especially small-caliber ammunition. Most importantly PINDAD has the basic skills of ammunition production. "Indeed, many machines PINDAD old, but later it will be fixed through this partnership", explains Robert Schulze to the ARC.

In his press statement, CEO PINDAD states, the signing of this MoU the beginning of a new stage of cooperation. After signature, the task force will be set up and remedy the detailing cooperation. The target is the end of this year has been agreed what will be done, including what kind of the type munitions to be made. "Ammunition will be produced ranging from 30mm to 105mm," said Sudirman. Then the next year, we expected the joint venture is between PINDAD and RDM has been established. Within the framework of this cooperation, the RDM will establish training institutions to improve the quality of human resources of PT.Pindad. In addition to producing large-caliber ammunition, PINDAD also be the center of production and sales for the Asia Pacific region. This is certainly a good opportunity for PINDAD to increase profits.

http://arc.web.id/berita/638-pindad-dan-rheinmetall-denel-munition-rintis-kerjasama.html

just a rendering pics from Sigma class, credit @ahonk kaskus.co.id

sigma_corvette.ashx
SIGMA_class_Corvette_9113_sideview.ashx
frigate.ashx

frigates_ships.ashx

frigate_boat.ashx

frigate_ships.ashx

frigate_ship.ashx

Guys, what do you think about these? What kind of signal he's try to send?

Obama ke Papua, DPR "Gelisah"
Kamis, 7 Oktober 2010 | 10:52 WIB

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com — Jika tak ada pembatalan, Presiden Amerika Serikat Barack Obama akan melawat ke Indonesia pada November mendatang. Menurut kabar yang diterima Komisi I DPR, seperti diungkapkan Ketua Komisi I Mahfudz Siddiq, salah satu agenda Obama adalah berkunjung ke Provinsi Papua.

Mahfudz Siddiq mengatakan, agenda Obama ke Papua akan menjadi salah satu materi yang dipertanyakan dalam rapat dengan Menteri Luar Negeri Marty Natalegawa, pekan depan.

Menurut Mahfudz, tak ada kepentingan Obama dengan isu Papua. "Mengapa Obama memberikan perhatian yang sangat spesifik soal Papua? Ngapain Obama bawa isu Papua? Jauh amat," ujar Mahfudz di Gedung DPR, Jakarta, Kamis (7/10/2010).

Mahfudz mengatakan, isu Papua merupakan isu domestik nasional Indonesia dan bukan isu internasional yang harus jadi bahan perhatian Obama. "Urusannya Komisi II, soal otonomi khusus dan sebagainya. Apa perlu Obama kita undang rapat dengar pendapat ke Komisi II bicara soal otonomi khusus?" ujarnya.

Oleh karena itu, kata Mahfudz, komisinya akan meminta penjelasan terperinci dari Kementerian Luar Negeri atas urgensi rencana Obama tersebut.

http://nasional.kompas.com/read/2010/10/07/10521156/Obama.ke.Papua..DPR.Gelisah

Guys, what do you think about these? What kind of signal he's try to send?

Obama ke Papua, DPR "Gelisah"
Kamis, 7 Oktober 2010 | 10:52 WIB

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com — Jika tak ada pembatalan, Presiden Amerika Serikat Barack Obama akan melawat ke Indonesia pada November mendatang. Menurut kabar yang diterima Komisi I DPR, seperti diungkapkan Ketua Komisi I Mahfudz Siddiq, salah satu agenda Obama adalah berkunjung ke Provinsi Papua.

Mahfudz Siddiq mengatakan, agenda Obama ke Papua akan menjadi salah satu materi yang dipertanyakan dalam rapat dengan Menteri Luar Negeri Marty Natalegawa, pekan depan.

Menurut Mahfudz, tak ada kepentingan Obama dengan isu Papua. "Mengapa Obama memberikan perhatian yang sangat spesifik soal Papua? Ngapain Obama bawa isu Papua? Jauh amat," ujar Mahfudz di Gedung DPR, Jakarta, Kamis (7/10/2010).

Mahfudz mengatakan, isu Papua merupakan isu domestik nasional Indonesia dan bukan isu internasional yang harus jadi bahan perhatian Obama. "Urusannya Komisi II, soal otonomi khusus dan sebagainya. Apa perlu Obama kita undang rapat dengar pendapat ke Komisi II bicara soal otonomi khusus?" ujarnya.

Oleh karena itu, kata Mahfudz, komisinya akan meminta penjelasan terperinci dari Kementerian Luar Negeri atas urgensi rencana Obama tersebut.

Obama ke Papua, DPR "Gelisah" - Kompas.com

mau ikut acara adat bakar babi mungkin, btw i don't think we have much problems about his visit. In contrary it will show his or US commitment about Papua as part of Indonesia as Unitary state. It will coming in their media as, "US President to visit Papua, Indonesia."

Back
Top Bottom