What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Halasan%2B630.png

Keel Laying 2 units patrol craft PC 40M, at Caputra Mitra Sejati Shipyard (19/09/2018)

40383749_243900126316440_5328996412510948858_n.jpg

keel%2B9.jpg

KEEL%2B12%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Looks like a company sized unit, 3 platoons of 3 each, with 1 XO and 1 CO.

Kemhan Akan Datangkan 8 KRI Baru
1391696645.jpg

Ilustrasi KRI ( Foto: Istimewa

<< deleted for brevity >>

4 more Diponegoro class, or yet a different hull type? MBDA does not make TETRAL system anymore - I believe MBDA chose to replace it with a 2-cell Mistral RC. If it is yet another batch of Sigma 92/Diponegoro, what would be the AAW fitted? There does not seem to be a lot of room in that hull for a VLS, unless we're talking Barak but that's not very likely considering the political backlash.

What's with the habit of building hulls with almost no ordnance btw? I noted the KCR40 boats were equipped with CIWS a few years after commissioning, and who knows if the missiles are even there in lieu of wooden boxes. The KCR60 and the Sigma 105 have same treatment, no VLS, no CIWS (for a while at least). The Bung Tomo class also have VLS that I'd wager would be non-functional. Are they just looking for hulls to field? Isn't building new OPVs more cost-effective?

Its nice to know that both Kostrad 1st & 8th Cavalry Battalion are regularly conducting exercises. The 1st Cavalry Battalion sharpened up their skills in Baturaja South Sumatera and the 8th Cavalry Battalion in Baluran Situbondo East Java.

Last edited:

4 more Diponegoro class, or yet a different hull type? MBDA does not make TETRAL system anymore - I believe MBDA chose to replace it with a 2-cell Mistral RC. If it is yet another batch of Sigma 92/Diponegoro, what would be the AAW fitted? There does not seem to be a lot of room in that hull for a VLS, unless we're talking Barak but that's not very likely considering the political backlash.

What's with the habit of building hulls with almost no ordnance btw? I noted the KCR40 boats were equipped with CIWS a few years after commissioning, and who knows if the missiles are even there in lieu of wooden boxes. The KCR60 and the Sigma 105 have same treatment, no VLS, no CIWS (for a while at least). The Bung Tomo class also have VLS that I'd wager would be non-functional. Are they just looking for hulls to field? Isn't building new OPVs more cost-effective?
I think our naval planners prefer FFBNW.....same with the malaysians with their kedah class OPV

I think our naval planners prefer FFBNW.....same with the malaysians with their kedah class OPV

Considering how many old and worn-out vessels our Navy have in their inventory, it's rather wise to expedite the hulls procurement for now. As always, we can utilized weapon from the replaced vessels while the more advance weapon system and radar can be installed later.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom