Indonesia Defence Forum

1000w_q95.jpg

Dg0iAbUU0AAODWv.jpg
those pkr pics will more beautifull with millenium revolver instaled

Netherlands, Indonesia to discuss cooperation in counterterrorism, human rights
Jumat, 29 Juni 2018 08:58 WIB - 0 Views

Reporter: antara

20161006antara-doeloe-RI-Belanda-ilustrasi-001.jpg

Indonesia - Netherlands. (ANTARA News/Handry Musa/2016)

Yogyakarta (ANTARA News) - Dutch Foreign Minister Stephanus Abraham Blok will meet his Indonesian counterpart Retno Marsudi in Jakarta on July 3, 2018, to discuss the cooperation between the Netherlands and Indonesia in the field of counterterrorism, cyber issues, and human rights.

They will also discuss political issues that are part of the UN Security Council, in which the Netherlands has a seat now. Indonesia will have a seat in the Security Council in the 2019-2020 period.

"Our shared past creates close ties. Our cooperation covers almost all areas of our foreign policy," Blok stated in a press release received by ANTARA on Thursday.

In addition to the capital, the minister will also travel to Surabaya on July 4, where he will visit a church that had recently been hit by a terrorist attack.

"As partners, the Netherlands and Indonesia stand side by side in the fight against terrorism. We want to prevent radicalization at the roots," Blok remarked.

Today, Blok invited several Dutch people with an Indonesian background to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to exchange experiences about their relationship with the country and to speak about the opportunities for cooperation.

"In addition to our history, the cultures of the Netherlands and Indonesia are also related. Like many others in the Netherlands, the people with whom I speak today feel connected to Indonesia. This also applies to my own family," he added.

Blok`s visit on July 3 and 4, 2018, will be his first bilateral visit to Indonesia after assuming the post of foreign minister in March 2018.

Indonesia`s Foreign Ministry`s Director of Europe I, Dino Kusnadi, revealed that since Indonesia and the Netherlands have established a comprehensive and strategic partnership, the bilateral meeting will be aimed at evaluating their partnership agreement.

"In the last eight or nine years, diplomatic relations between Indonesia and the Netherlands have been dynamic. We have enjoyed robust relations, and they will continue to develop," Kusnadi pointed out during a press briefing in Jakarta on Thursday.

EDITED BY INE
(T.Y013/B/KR-BSR/A014)
Editor: Heru Purwanto

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2018

Anyone wan't to make SWAG as to what in the sideline agenda of this "cooperation"?
My guess is this "cooperation" would include something coming from Damen Shipyard (as in either De Zeven Provinciën-class or Crossover 139-class) in return for Nederland lobbying for Indonesia interest in EU (especially for Indonesia CPO)

Last edited:
Anyone wan't to make SWAG as to what in the sideline agenda of this "cooperation"?
My guess is this "cooperation" would include something coming from Damen Shipyard (as in either De Zeven Provinciën-class or Crossover 139-class) in return for Nederland lobbying for Indonesia interest in EU (especially for Indonesia CPO)

Crossover ?

Crossover is neither a kind of heavy frigate nor destroyer.

If we want heavy frigate or destroyer, we better choose DZP or Iver.

From lower cost acquisition point of view, we better choose Iver than DZP.

We need at least 6 to 8 unit of destroyers, but we will buy 2 units first. While the rest of budget will be used to build smaller striker ships (corvettes) to replace the old ones.

Crossover ?

Crossover is neither a kind of heavy frigate nor destroyer.

If we want heavy frigate or destroyer, we better choose DZP or Iver.

From lower cost acquisition point of view, we better choose Iver than DZP.

Crossover is a kind of Absalon class (albeit more advance)

First and foremost IMO Iver Huitfeldt-class is better option for TNI-AL due for it having similar design & construction philosophy to Indonesia (nyicil) and also it's future proof because it's was designed & constructed just like LEGO (which coincidently were also a Danish product)

Lesser known fact of how Odense shipyard (at the time) build the Iver Huitfeldt-class is they outsource the modules to Eastern European shipyard thus getting lower price compare to building the modules domestically, and since Danish Navy is the one whose doing system integration themselves (not Odense shipyard or any contractor) they managed to reduce the cost between $60million - $80million. Moreover Iver-class armaments start with only 4x Mk41 VLS module (32 cells), they only added the Mk56 VLS module and CIWS (Millennium Gun) after the vessel had operational for nearly 2 years. If the Iver-class were to build domestically in Danmark than the estimate cost would be over $1 billion which is similar to the price of De Zeven Provinciën-class that were build domestically in Nederland.

If De Zeven Provinciën-class could be build in Indonesia using similar approach as the Iver Huitfeldt-class than the price would be roughly similar. And I believe this particular selling point is currently being pushed by Nederland to offer the vessel class.

Crossover is a kind of Absalon class (albeit more advance)

First and foremost IMO Iver Huitfeldt-class is better option for TNI-AL due for it having similar design & construction philosophy to Indonesia (nyicil) and also it's future proof because it's was designed & constructed just like LEGO (which coincidently were also a Danish product)

Lesser known fact of how Odense shipyard (at the time) build the Iver Huitfeldt-class is they outsource the modules to Eastern European shipyard thus getting lower price compare to building the modules domestically, and since Danish Navy is the one whose doing system integration themselves (not Odense shipyard or any contractor) they managed to reduce the cost between $60million - $80million. Moreover Iver-class armaments start with only 4x Mk41 VLS module (32 cells), they only added the Mk56 VLS module and CIWS (Millennium Gun) after the vessel had operational for nearly 2 years. If the Iver-class were to build domestically in Danmark than the estimate cost would be over $1 billion which is similar to the price of De Zeven Provinciën-class that were build domestically in Nederland.

If De Zeven Provinciën-class could be build in Indonesia using similar approach as the Iver Huitfeldt-class than the price would be roughly similar. And I believe this particular selling point is currently being pushed by Nederland to offer the vessel class.

What if we buy license only to build in Indonesia ? I am sure it will be cheaper than to build in eastern europe.

While Danish will supply the standflex module and all necessary equipment like Mk41 and Mk56 VLS Modules thru US. Or if US reject to supply, we should ask France or Britain to provide VLS.

Thales will supply Smart-L, APAR, sonar.
SAAB will supply CEROS.
Oto melara will supply main cannon.
Swiss Oerlikon will supply secondary cannon.
Germany will supply power generator / ship machine.

Etc.

Police officer wears cute bag at security briefing 'for my daughter'
  • News Desk
    The Jakarta Post
Jakarta | Sun, July 1, 2018 | 03:31 pm
2018_07_01_48565_1530431324._large.jpg
The officer, Brig. Dharma Budi Kusuma, was caught on camera carrying a bright orange and yellow backpack during an official security briefing ahead of the regional elections on June 26 in Pakis, Malang, East Java. (Courtesy of Malang Police/Adj. Sr. Comr. Yade Setiawan Ujung)
A Malang Police officer wearing a cute backpack during an official event became the talk of the town recently when pictures of him and the backpack appeared on social media.

The officer, Brig. Dharma Budi Kusuma, was caught on camera carrying the backpack during an official security briefing ahead of the regional elections on June 26 in Pakis, Malang, East Java. He was dressed in his complete official uniform, making the bright orange and yellow backpack look highly unusual.

On June 27, millions of voters across the province elected regional leaders, including the governor.

Kompas.com reported that Dharma said he wore the bag at the request of his 5-year-old daughter while on a longer than usual shift on duty. Hearing he would be away from home for three days, Dharma's daughter gave him her school bag.

2018_07_01_48564_1530428141._medium.jpg
Dharma said he wore the bag at the request of his 5-year-old daughter, who asked him to wear it so he would remember her while he was away on a three-day shift on duty. (Courtesy of Malang Police/Adj. Sr. Comr. Yade Setiawan Ujung)

“The morning I left home, my daughter came to me and said, ‘Father, you should wear this bag, so you will remember me and mother wherever you go on duty,’” he said on Saturday, as quoted by kompas.com.

Dharma, who graduated from the police academy in 2007, decided to wear the bag until the ceremony was completed. He believed this would meet the request of his daughter.

He said he had some hesitations about wearing the bag because of its shape and appearance, but finally decided to do as his daughter asked.

Dharma's accessory came to the attention of Malang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Yade Setiawan Ujung, who took the pictures. Yade said he appreciated the human side of his subordinate. (kuk)

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...bag-at-security-briefing-for-my-daughter.html

What if we buy license only to build in Indonesia ? I am sure it will be cheaper than to build in eastern europe.

That is exactly what I was talking about. OMT (Odense Maritime Technology) business model is build upon licensing build (they even clearly stated this in their website), and Damen Shipyard could also play the same business model. The competition between Damen vs OMT for Heavy Frigate / Light Destroyer program is going to be real tight. Although I personally still prefer Iver Huitfeldt-class, the design really corresponding to Indonesia philosophy of nyicil & ngelelesi :yes4:

While Danish will supply the standflex module and all necessary equipment like Mk41 and Mk56 VLS Modules thru US. Or if US reject to supply, we should ask France or Britain to provide VLS.

Why would US denying Indonesia to purchase any of their MOTS products / services?! The way I see it, the whole narrative of US denying Indonesia purchase of their MOTS products / services were mostly created by some European, Russian, or China sales rep :pissed:

From US perspective (Trump administration) as long we have the money, they have the goods #MAGA :usflag::lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom