What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Publishing bogus / sensational stories is the main reason most Indonesia medias were inside my personal "blacklist". Although certain Indonesia printed medias is still good, their online version is completly different animal (different redactional team altogether). In practice I've only read local / city news, and for international news I've always rely on Reuters and ground sources for verification.

Publishing bogus / sensational stories is the main reason most Indonesia medias were inside my personal "blacklist". Although certain Indonesia printed medias is still good, their online version is completly different animal (different redactional team altogether). In practice I've only read local / city news, and for international news I've always rely on Reuters and ground sources for verification.
Same here! I also rely on AP news since its pretty much equal to Reuters.

Jakarta Post is good reading for day to day news so long as you are aware of their bias. Stay away from their Editorial Board and Opinion pieces though, they're garbage.

Jakarta Globe is much more lax in its daily reporting (It isn't sensationalist simply because they don't publish fast enough to be so), and their opinion pieces tend to be more nuanced.

Been relying on SCMP more lately, they tend to still understand the Asian mentality and have good articles.

Credit to Indonesian Army Helicopter.

36085541_470724206701832_2092321982858133504_n.jpg

Anybody got a pictures of Leopard 2A4+ in TNI-AD inventory?

Note I said Leopard 2A4+ because IIRC all of them has receive AMAP-B armour package and maybe Air Conditioner similar to Leopard 2RI variant but sans everything else.

is it safe to say that Indonesian shipyard produce more military ships at a faster rate than any ASEAN navies ???

is it safe to say that Indonesian shipyard produce more military ships at a faster rate than any ASEAN navies ???
yes, in quantitiy perspective , but inquaLITY MATTERS WE BETTER LOOK TO OUR Smalest neighbours

Last edited:
Thank's, it's seem the AMAP-B weren't install on those tanks which make them basic Leopard 2A4.
I just hope they all had the bustle mounted air conditioner along with the APU, otherwise it's going to maintenance nightmare,
^^^
"The Leopard 2A4+ has the new all-electric gun control equipment and air-conditioning system, while the vehicles upgraded to the RI standard will have additional capability."

http://www.janes.com/article/39370/leopard-migrates-eastward-es14e2

Iinm the installment of the climate control (air-conditioning system) was done by PT Pindad.

28153686_1157048907765860_2380009848805785600_n.jpg

Last edited:
No wonder then, in that picture the air conditioner isn't installed on Leopard 2A4+
Its already installed. Notice in that picture the air-conditioning cover netting on both the 2A4+ and 2RI.

A top view of the 2RI air-conditioner with its cover netting:

IMG-20161021-WA0019.jpg

2A4+ before AC installed:

11334503_375555709304622_1377045749_n.jpg

2A4+ after AC installed:

AdriL.png

Notice the difference of the back of the turret?

Last edited:
From what I saw in Garuda series show, our leopard's are already equipped with some kind of BMS, anybody know what BMS in particular???????

Back
Top Bottom