What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

@Reashot Xigwin @nufix

okay, I give you a chance once in your life and you get what you want.
Suppose you are a big dog, a wannabe leader. What is your agenda? What are you going to do?

I am waiting. :pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Reashot Xigwin @nufix

okay, I give you a chance once in your life and you get what you want.
Suppose you are a big dog, a wannabe leader. What is your agenda? What are you going to do?

I am waiting. :pop:

Oooo scary, a demigod just gave me a chance once in my life, how wonder and grateful I am.

Anyway, you should ask it to @ReashotXigwin as he's the one with all the leader thing, I was just clarifying your statement that saying Indonesia is nobody, well, I don't know your measurement, but if Indonesia is nobody, then where's Vietnam?

But since you also mentioned me, may I ask you first, agenda about what? The China? Economy?
Well, why don't we start with ASEAN Community proposed by Indonesia? Indonesia proposed the forming of ASEAN Community 2015 during its chairmanship and all ASEAN countries accepted it via Cha'am Hua Hin Declaration, the ASEAN Community has 3 points of agenda;

While assuming the ASEAN Chair for 2011, Indonesia, had set a clear agenda with priority goals — to ensure progress in the implementation of the blueprints for building the ASEAN Community by 2015, based on three main pillars of ASEAN Political-Security Community, ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community, and to elevate ASEAN’s role in the regional architecture as well as to develop an ASEAN Vision Beyond 2015 in a global community of nations.

Indonesia put forward a new concept called “dynamic equilibrium” in the region by extending the membership to the U.S. and Russia in the East Asia Summit. For the first time leaders of these two major powers East Summit 2011. Earlier also it brought in another Asian powerhouse India, as well as Australia and New Zealand.

All these Indonesia’s peace efforts won the praise from none other than U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

“Within ASEAN, Indonesia has also played a leading role, Indonesia has initiated efforts to resolve the Thai-Cambodia border dispute, facilitated discussion on South China Sea issues, and supported genuine reform in Burma (also known as Myanmar),” Hillary told the Strategic Review journal, a Jakarta-based publication, in an interview.

ASEAN, under the chairmanship of Indonesia, is also mulling a Strategic Partnership agreement, an early-harvest document, with the United Nations in Bali next week.

As a peace-loving nation, Indonesia has proposed a regional conflict resolution mechanism. It won kudos from the United Nations for playing an honest broker’s role in the recent spat between Thailand and Cambodia. There is also a plan to establish the ASEAN Institute for Peace and Reconciliation.

ASEAN Community in a Global Community of Nations | The Jakarta Post

So Hillary according to Hillary, we are playing the leading role by initiating many things for ASEAN members, Oh wait, you don't like that idea right? So why don't you complain Hillary and say "Hillary, Indonesia is nobody" that will be legit.

Anyway, that's the agenda Indonesia has set, satisfied? Or you will be denying it?

And now I want to give you a chance once in this thread (I can't give chance the way you gave me, I mean for life, how hillarious is that) and to ask the similar thing, let's say Vietnam is a wannabe representative of ASEAN political stand or the political powerhouse as you called it, since the first time you think its true until now, what are major noted accomplishments done by Vietnamese diplomats and what impacts have those accomplishment given for ASEAN?

Last edited by a moderator:
Indonesia's KAI T50i First Flight

155120920130318012259.jpg

Look good and nice plane, how much it cost!?

The price is USD 400 Mil for one squadron consist of 16 aircraft with the barter of 4 CN235-110 MPA worth USD 96 million, the total amount of deal for a squadron is around USD 496 Million, so the cost per plane is USD 31 million, , the T50i is Indonesia's upgraded version, has the similar capability with TA50 which is an attack version but with advanced radar and customized weapon pod as Indonesia is also producing its own Air-to-Surface bomb and missiles.

Indonesian Air Force's SAS - TNI AU's Bravo Detachment on Hijacking Drill Exercise.

IMG_9504.jpg

Screenshot2013-03-15at92013PM.jpg

Screenshot2013-03-15at92254PM.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

Screenshot2013-03-15at103046PM.jpg

Screenshot2013-03-15at103056PM.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

Nice gear Indonesia made or imported?

For special forces like Air Force's SAS, the gears consist of both local developed gears and imported gears, the helmet for example, is imported MICH 2001, the radio and weapon socket which is from Blackhawk are also imported. But mostly Indonesia developed its own custom-able multi purpose combat gears like personal radio, night vision goggles, or ballistic vests, because Indonesia Military want gears that fit for the typical Asian people size, like Indonesians.

Maybe you have heard the S.A.K.T.I combat gears? a set of ballistic vest and gear carrier developed for Indonesian infantry units, including the configuration for Special Forces.

Sakti%2B4931AM.png

SAKTI%2B836AM.png

Sakti%2B45PM.png

Sakti.png

Defense configuration

Sakti%2B429AM.png

Full gear combat configuration

Sakti%2B4622PM.png

Night Vision Goggles developed by PT LEN Industry

img4124vw1.jpg

Nice you are getting ahead good so the helmet the radio and weapon socket is imported the rest is in Indonesia made wow i feel sorry for mine country you use to make our kits to but sadly it stop in development stage we are making bullets though and now we are planing to re start our own defense self reliance program by making our own guns by sticking with the M16 and M4 models making three versions of them but like most great things in this country it could be a maybe or bust no assurance at all sadly anyway is the kits purely Indonesian or did you ask for help like namely Singapore you guys got help from the for the light howitzers you got from them right? so they help S.A.K.T.I combat gears? and how much is a set? maybe we can afford it for your own troops we are currently looking for personnel protection kits and gears and this gear looks it it can fit a Filipino solider any plans to have your own helmet to compliment the S.A.K.T.I or you guys are sticking with the imports?

Nice you are getting ahead good so the helmet the radio and weapon socket is imported the rest is in Indonesia made wow i feel sorry for mine country you use to make our kits to but sadly it stop in development stage we are making bullets though and now we are planing to re start our own defense self reliance program by making our own guns by sticking with the M16 and M4 models making three versions of them but like most great things in this country it could be a maybe or bust no assurance at all sadly anyway is the kits purely Indonesian or did you ask for help like namely Singapore you guys got help from the for the light howitzers you got from them right? so they help S.A.K.T.I combat gears? and how much is a set? maybe we can afford it for your own troops we are currently looking for personnel protection kits and gears and this gear looks it it can fit a Filipino solider any plans to have your own helmet to compliment the S.A.K.T.I or you guys are sticking with the imports?

Nope, Indonesia developed most of Infantry combat gears using its own research center, IMHO Singapore has different configuration with the Indonesian one.

Light howitzer, you mean this?
images

No, the light pack howitzer is developed by Pindad (Army's Industry) itself. Maybe you meant the heavy artillery like this?

top_7.jpg

Yes, for the heavy artillery, we ask Singapore for help, they got the bore-technology from Rheinmetall which is very important for big guns like FH2000.

Indonesia is producing its own helmets for standard issue for regular infantrymen like the one in that SAKTI photos, mainly PASGT model. The imported ones are only for special forces because they need many kinds helmet for certain missions. And yes, we are also developing specialized helmet for Special Forces.

I don't know how much one set of SAKTI costs, the price for helmet, load bearings, and sockets only may hit more than USD 1000 if we put the ballistic vest to the list, it may hit USD 3000. If we talk about the radios, and other gears, the price could hit more than USD 6000. It means you need up to USD 6 million to gear up the entire battalion with SAKTI.

Anyway, Philippines should secure loan and assurance agreement first with the bank, Indonesia's military Industries are backed up by state banks, and private banks, those banks are also securing payments for the procurement. And then, the military industries may run at full steam ahead because it has finance guarantee.

TNI deploys company of soldiers to secure Timika
Tue, March 19 2013 08:04

29714327401321936880412.jpg

Timika, Papua (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian military (TNI) is deploying a company of soldiers to help the police protect Papua`s Timika city against possible subsequent clashes among traditional gold miners in the area.

"We are deploying a company of soldiers from the Eme Meme Kangasi infantry battalion 754. They are made ready at the Eme Neme Yauware building in Timika to secure the city," said commander of Mimika district military command Lt. Col. Dwi Lagan Safruddin in an interview with ANTARA News here.

Dwi said that every night at least 40-50 soldiers conduct a joint patrol with police officers to a number of areas in and around Timika to prevent any clash among traditional gold miners following last Friday`s clash which claimed the lives of five people.

"We are also deploying personnel at the Timika city military command, the district military command 1710 station, the cavalry detachment station and the Ima Jaya Keramo infantry brigade 20 station," Dwi said.

He added that the TNI is also ready to assign several of its personnel to assist the police in securing the area.

According to him, the soldiers involved in the joint patrol with the police come from all units such as the military police, the cavalry detachment, the ENK infantry battalion and the district military command.

"Security at PT Freeport Indonesia mining area is fully the responsibility of the Amole task force which consists of police and military personnel," Dwi said.

Lieut. Col. Dwi said the military also assist the police and PT Freeport Indonesia in evacuating thousands of gold miners out of Kali Kabur (Aijkwa River) which has become a traditional gold mining site.

"Since yesterday, we have prepared a truck to evacuate gold miners from Kali Kabur at Mile 50," Dwi said.

Security conditions in and around Timika have been tense in the past few days following a clash between two groups of gold miners in Kali Kabur area at Mile 34 - 35. At least five people were killed in the clash.
(Uu.B019/S012)
Editor: Priyambodo RH

COPYRIGHT © 2013

RI may decline to ratify treaty on arms trade
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | National | Tue, March 19 2013, 2:11 PM

A member of Commission I which oversees foreign affairs at the House of Representatives, Muhammad Nadjib, said that Indonesia might decline to ratify the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) during the two-week Final United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty, which began on Monday local time at the UN Headquarters in New York, if several articles in the treaty remained unchanged.

“Speaking as the representative of the Indonesian House of Representatives, I warn the countries’ leaders and delegations, that the House will not ratify the Arms Trade Treaty if several articles to which the Indonesian delegation have voiced their objections remain unchanged,” said Nadjib in a written statement in Jakarta, Tuesday, as quoted by Antara news agency.

Citing an example, he said one article in the treaty stipulated that an arms-supplier country had a right to unilaterally assess human rights violations allegedly occurring in a potential buyer-country. It was one of several articles the Indonesian delegation had voiced their objections to, he added.

“This article is deemed subjective and is directed at furthering the political interests of developed countries. Moreover, it has been widely known that they exercise double standards on human rights,” said Nadjib.

He said the treaty also included an article on sanctions such as ammunition embargoes and other trade controls that supplier-countries could apply at any time if they suspected human right violations in the buyer-countries.

“This could paralyze our very expensive primary weapons defense system that we have bought,” said Nadjib.

He also urged the Indonesian delegation to push national delegations to include the rights of countries to protect their territories and citizens in the articles of the treaty.

Meanwhile, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said on Monday that there should be a comprehensive instrument to standardize the international conventional-arms trade. He said such arms trade control was very important and urgent.

In his speech at the conference in New York Ban urged representatives from 193 UN member countries to complete their work by March 28. (ebf)

Strengthen the Strait of Malacca, the F-16 Prepared in Pekanbaru
19 MARCH 2013

f-16.jpg

Indonesian Air Forces existing F16 OCU fleet.

In order to strengthen the fighting forces in the strategic waterway, air base (air base) Air Force Roesmin Nuryadin Pekanbaru preparing for a squadron of F-16 fighter blocks 52 complete with cutting-edge weaponry.

The addition of 24 F-16 aircraft from the United States as part of the renewal of the existing fleet of fighter in the Air Force base type B it is a squadron of Hawk 100/200.

"Then in early 2014, Lanud Roesmin Nuryadin will have two fighter squadrons consisting of a squadron of Hawk 100/200, and a squadron of F-16 with 52 blocks complete with sophisticated weapons," said the Head of Information and Library (Kapentak) Air Force air base Major Sus Filfadri told Media Indonesia in Pekanbaru on Tuesday (19/3).

According Filfadri, a squadron of F-16 fighter to be placed in Pekanbaru air base is the best fighter aircraft from United States to Indonesia. F-16 aircraft of the type blocks 52 os also planned to be upgraded especially in the combat arms.

He added, the air base chosen as the location for the placement is Roesmin Nuryadin for a squadron of F-16 fighter plane that can not be separated from Pekanbaru air base in strategic locations that are geographically located in the Straits of Malacca and directly adjacent to Malaysia and Singapore.

"Two F-16 fighter squadrons and Hawk 100 also support our forces in Sumatra and the Strait of Malacca. In addition the backing up is also from the nearest air base in West Kalimantan, Makassar and Java, "he said.

With the addition of the combat fleet, continued Filfadri, in 2014 Roesmin Nuryadin Pekanbaru air base status will change from air base type B to type A led officers to the rank of one star. In addition, in order to offset the geopolitical dynamics of the region's defense in the Strait of Malacca, monitoring radar stationed in Pekanbaru, Medan, and Ranai, Natuna Islands will be improved.

524869_321332031303589_1487838184_n.jpg

1551209_20130319063903.jpg

Mi-17 helicopters belong to the Army Air Corps (Penerbad) prepared for the Task Force Garuda Contingent XXXV-A in the UN peacekeeping mission United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) during flight training, in Semarang, Central Java, on Tuesday (19 / 3). Three Mi-17 helicopters with 120 Penerbad soldiers to be sent to Sudan, Africa. (AFP PHOTO / R. Rekotomo)

Indonesian Naval Ship Arrived in Colombo, Sri Lanka

48386332154027461609877.jpg

Indonesian Naval Ship “KRI Diponegoro-365” arrived at the Port of Colombo for a refueling and logistics visit on 18th March 2013. The ship, which is on the way from Indonesia to Lebanon as part of Indonesia-UNIFIL mission in Lebanon, was welcomed by the Sri Lanka Navy in accordance with Naval traditions on arrival.

Ship’s Commanding Officer, Commander Hersan called on Commander Western Naval Area, Rear Admiral Rohan Amarasinghe at the Western Naval Command Headquarters in Colombo. They held cordial discussions and exchanged mementos as a gesture of goodwill.

KRI Diponegoro-365 which a helicopter NV-414 onboard is belonging to the Indonesian Navy. It has a displacement of 2,103 tons. The ship has a complement of 100 Naval personnel onboard. She will stay in Sri Lanka until 20th March and the ship’s crew will participate in a special programme organized by the Sri Lanka Navy to enhance the mutual relations during their stay in Sri Lanka.

Back
Top Bottom