What's new

Indonesia backs Bangladesh’s SEACO initiative

Only allow India if it agrees to certain conditions.

Makes my point even more.
This block is irrelevant in world and growth is only 4-5% a year and nothing will change even in 2-3 decades down the line.

You know what, with your current GDP and red tapes gov. Bd is the most irrelevant ones in the world compared to rest of ASEAN countries and economy block

I am not sure what kind of platform this SEACO will be. But, BD can surely buy oil from Brunei and Malaysia, and railway coaches, locomotives and other industrial goods from Indonesia, but what BD can export in exchange? Certainly, the SEACO countries' people are not supposed to be fond of western dresses that BD is famous for stitching.

You know what, with your current GDP and red tapes gov. Bd is the most irrelevant ones in the world compared to rest of ASEAN countries and economy block

Why you getting upset?

Let us look at total GDP of all the trading blocks around in US dollars:

Asean : 3 trillion
EU:19 trillion
Nafta: 25 trillion
Mercosaur: 4.6 trillion

Asean will still trade mainly with external parties as it cannot absorb intra-regional exports due to it's low size.

Maybe India is not a good fit due to their attitude but I only suggested them as they would instantly double Asean GDP and are growing 7-8% a year.

I have started to wonder why r u so adamant to show ur stupidity here? With all due respect, we don't pay u for that, right?

If insignificant countries with non existent economy like Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar can be a part of ASEAN, then the tiger economy of Southasia, the fastest growing country in the world will easily be the most important member OF ASEAN.

Asean should be replaced by SEACO to include India, BD, Nepal and Bhutan as well as all current Asean countries.

SEACO is build under conformity of similar religion and region as basis, it will lose its soul if non Muslim countries are included. Including Pakistan makes more sense. It can also in some way use to make OIC become more effective organisation.

Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei have already been satisfied with ASEAN. The reason those nations are interested with Bangladesh idea is mostly due to their Islamic interest and agenda.

For information, we have D 8 already but it seems that the organisation is not nurtured well.

I am not sure what kind of platform this SEACO will be. But, BD can surely buy oil from Brunei and Malaysia, and railway coaches, locomotives and other industrial goods from Indonesia, but what BD can export in exchange? Certainly, the SEACO countries' people are not supposed to be fond of western dresses that BD is famous for stitching.

Indonesia import many Chinese textile so maybe Bangladesh can try to replace it if we have free trade agreement among us.

Indonesia import many Chinese textile so maybe Bangladesh can try to replace it if we have free trade agreement among us.

What is your yearly volume of textile imports from China?

BD has a fast growing food market and so an agreement can be made whereas BD ships textiles to Indonesia and in return imports food from Indonesia.

Last edited:
Bottomline of this SEACO is regarding Rohingya issue. For other cooperation BIMSTEC, D8,OIC and bilateral routes are always there. In no other country other than Indonesia and Malayasia, the Rohingya issue got much traction. They are also MM's neighbour. So this group is relevent to solve issues regarding that. This is why conflicts are always better business. BD never got any international relevance before the Rohingya issue. Now it can nurture possible help raising Rohingya issue. Yeah for South Thailand, South Philippines their govts should be also incorporated in some way, if members ask for this.

I have started to wonder why r u so adamant to show ur stupidity here? With all due respect, we don't pay u for that, right?

If insignificant countries with non existent economy like Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar can be a part of ASEAN, then the tiger economy of Southasia, the fastest growing country in the world will easily be the most important member OF ASEAN.

Better look at your IQ first before calling other stupid, you sound like Bangladesh 50 cents taka bot. Sounds boring and stupid

ASEAN cant be replaced, even when China or other countries like US intend to join us, not to mention insignificant fly and gutter dirt called Bangladesh. You know why? We build ASEAN from scratch facing many hard challenges, even hard pressure from heavy weight economy and power like US of A, Japan and China. Because of what? We intend to nurture and build a better place for our regional community member to do business and contact people to people , to cater regional issues at equal stands between member , without worries about of the coming of heavy weight member put pressure for the rest of member. We dont intend to build ASEAN as dick measuring tools against other regional orgz., it is stupid to the max to replace ASEAN with something unproven and even including heavy weight with proven track records of intervening her smaller neighbor like India. Just as like i said better to including Australia in first place compared to India. It is blatant insults toward founding father countries of ASEAN like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore Thailand and Philippine

Why you getting upset?

Let us look at total GDP of all the trading blocks around in US dollars:

Asean : 3 trillion
EU:19 trillion
Nafta: 25 trillion
Mercosaur: 4.6 trillion

Asean will still trade mainly with external parties as it cannot absorb intra-regional exports due to it's low size.

Maybe India is not a good fit due to their attitude but I only suggested them as they would instantly double Asean GDP and are growing 7-8% a year.

ASEAN is not dick measuring tools intended as masturbation materiel for their member

What is your yearly volume of textile imports from China?

BD has a fast growing good market and so an agreement can be made whereas BD ships textiles to Indonesia and in return imports food from Indonesia.

We imported 24.8 billion USD of textile product yearly (2012 data) with 60 % of it comes from China. We had free trade agreement with China.

We imported 24.8 billion USD of textile product yearly (2012 data) with 60 % of it comes from China. We had free trade agreement with China.

Bangladesh is good alternative source for their half raw materiel and fabrics for our own textile industry and factory outlets

I think the problem for Asean is the relatively small size of it's GDP of 4.5 trillion dollars. India's GDP alone would come to 3 trillion dollars. Add in BD with 300 billion dollars and you get 8 trillion dollars. Both India and BD are growing at around 8% a year and so within 10 years Asean(+ India and Bd) could approach EU and USA in total economic output.

This new economic region of 2 billion people can match both USA and EU by 2040 in economic power, although technologically it will be some way behind.
Sorry Asean as a bloc is very successful on international stage. Asean chairman is traditionally invited to G7, G20 meetings. All major powers from America, Canada, China, Japan etc regularly join ASEAN plus yearly summit. As for anyone thinking of enlargement, I am against any enlargement of Asean. First, it’s against the asean charter: member country must be in SE Asia. Second, the bloc is not only a pure economic but strategic bloc, countries sharing common interests. Gdp is not the metric. Asean will become worthless, ungovernable if expanding uncontrollable to east and west.

Timor Leste will be the last country to join the bloc.

Sorry Asean as a bloc is very successful on international stage. Asean chairman is traditionally invited to G7, G20 meetings. All major powers from America, Canada, China, Japan etc regularly join ASEAN plus yearly summit. As for anyone thinking of enlargement, I am against any enlargement of Asean. First, it’s against the asean charter: member country must be in SE Asia. Second, the bloc is not only a pure economic but strategic bloc, countries sharing common interests. Gdp is not the metric. Asean will become worthless, ungovernable if expanding uncontrollable to east and west.

Timor Leste will be the last country to join the bloc.

ASEAN is surely a strategic region especially due to it's lucrative maritime location, there is no doubt on that.

But do you think ASEAN is still as effective as a bloc as it was before? There seem to be a division among the members with some states being pro-China and others being anti-China. ASEAN has failed to come with a strong resolution on the South China Sea dispute. Also, countries like Malaysia and Indonesia are surely annoyed by the Rohingya crisis with Rohingya refugees popping up to their shores through human traffickers.

Better look at your IQ first before calling other stupid, you sound like Bangladesh 50 cents taka bot. Sounds boring and stupid
Looks like u get riled up quite easily. But do u think anyone care about ur emotion here? U better keep those irrational anger to urself. It will cause nothing other than increasing ur own blood pressure and bring trouble in ur already miserable life.

If I see someone to act in a stupid manner I call him/her stupid. It looks like u have nothing to do othet than spouting nonsense in this section. But I will suggest u to grow a thick skin and expand ur knowledge base if u really want to be good at ur trolling job.

I will show u why I called u a stupid and how easily u contradict ur own post. Let's start with this.

ASEAN cant be replaced, even when China or other countries like US intend to join us, not to mention insignificant fly and gutter dirt called Bangladesh. You know why? We build ASEAN from scratch facing many hard challenges, even hard pressure from heavy weight economy and power like US of A, Japan and China.

If membership of ASEAN is really not based on gdp, gdp growth rate or anything related to economy then don't make stupid post like this one.
"You know what, with your current GDP and red tapes gov. Bd is the most irrelevant ones in the world compared to rest of ASEAN countries and economy block"

If economic condition of a country indeed has nothing to do as far as getting the membership of ASEAN is concerned, then why did u bring the GDP of BD into the discussion?

Tell me. In one hand u say that economy plays no role in case of getting the membership of ASEAN and on the other hand u r pointing out the GDP and political condition of BD as obstacles in case of BD getting the membership of ASEAN. IF this isn't the act of a brainless person then what is?

ASEAN is not dick measuring tools intended as masturbation materiel for their member

Not really sure how to respond to this irrelevant point. BD wants to be a member of ASEAN CUZ quite a few ASEAN countries like Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia....bd is a Muslim majority country and by being a member of this association, BD will be be able to build rapport with these Muslim countries in the egion which will further enhance our position in the global areana.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom