What's new

Indo-Russian 5th Generation PAK-FA/FGFA is dead

I think India will now go for Rafael for interim and for 5th generation go for Japan or towards Saab :-)

I think India will now go for Rafael for interim and for 5th generation go for Japan or towards Saab :-)
no to my knowledge both Modi and Mahohar Parikar are - were never very keen for both rafale and russian Fifth gen as both the platforms were too expensive hence they wanted HAL/ARDE from day one to work overtime on LCA and AMCA both of which are going to share common engine and many other sub systems and weapons .

no to my knowledge both Modi and Mahohar Parikar are - were never very keen for both rafale and russian Fifth gen as both the platforms were too expensive hence they wanted HAL/ARDE from day one to work overtime on LCA and AMCA both of which are going to share common engine and many other sub systems and weapons .
Fainted....

I don't think they can go for USA fighters due to restrictions comes with them, with Russians things are not going in right directions (In my view best option for them to make things right), LCA and AMCA both are as far as 5th Gen fighters so they have to go for some 4++ Gen soon and they are left with few options.

India trusts Russia but does Russia trust India??

India is funding what 50% of Pak-Fa/FGFA is hardly getting work share or access to it :azn:

looks sleek for CGI. let's hope the finish product looks as nice.

Su-50 Cobra would be a nice code name
Because they dont want India to find out ..how Russia struggling with issues in PAKFA....

You will never make a meaningful or useful contribution to this forum. All good members start out bright eyed and full of enthusiasm and one-by-one become either semi-trolls like @Armstrong - who also left the forum:cray: - and @Chinese-Dragon (I still love both of you:azn:) or leave the forum like @SvenSvensonov and @Joe Shearer - other quality members like @Oscar or @Nihonjin1051 tone down their contributions. @AUSTERLITZ has too, though he still contributes from time to time. I haven't noticed anything new from Jhungary either.

Oh, and these people can be found here:

Notable Members

They were some of, if not the, best members here.

You simply can't argue with people here, the ignorance is too think. No contribution you make will matter when someone doesn't want to believe or see it. And there's a lot of those people on this forum.

Sorry for being so cynical, but I've lived through this too:

Technogaianist

Transhumanist

Now I don't even bother contributing my knowledge or depth on defense matters, which I'm rather good with being both ex-military and a current defense employee, I simply got burned out by the stupidity that fosters here.

So I play around with @Nihonjin1051 instead.

Sorry for being a downer:partay:. Escape while you can:

panda-escape-o.gif

Soon, like this panda cub, you'll never be free.

@mods @WebMaster @Horus @Irfan Baloch @Jango @waz

Sir you need to read this post. @Slave_to_the_waffle has a very compelling case and you need to be stern with resident trolls no matter what their flags. When professionals and knowledgeable speak rest should shut up and LISTEN. Good posters are leaving one after the other simply because a good debate can not be had. Troll fest is eating into quality of the forum.

On Topic: I don't think PakFa is dead. Russia will have to come up with an answer in fifth Gen category to which they are already late. Without Indian finances it will be delayed further but no later than AMCA if India goes that road alone. Indian choices are to keep with the program and learn some technological secrets of building 5th Gen at the cost of delays and more taxpayer's money. Or they could buy off the market F-35, F-15SE or more Rafale at the cost of 'Make in India'. Dependency on US and French might hurt in long terms.

Russia comes with full ToT and no sanctions unlike west.

There are huge opportunities in Nuclear technology field as well, 20 reactors are being built in India with Russian co operation plus there is a talk of leasing second nuke sub marine.

Russia is a time tested friend for India unlike west.

India trusts Russia, simple as that. We never forget the favors Russia has done to India.

Can Russia build a 5th generation aircraft ? If India is paying for it we want some assurances they will not sell it to Pakistan

This might be a smoking gun.

Keep in mind this was stated after the meeting was over and its straight from the horses mouth.

India and Russian Federation planned joint work on a multi-role fighter jet Gazette Standard

gazettestandard com 2015 12 26 russian-federation-a-strong-reliable-friend-of-india-pm
in.reuters com article russia-india-nuclear-putin-modi-idINKBN0U719M20151225
presstelegraph com 2015 12 27 pm-modi-invites-russian-federation-to-become-partner-in html

Cant post links just search online

Can Russia build a 5th generation aircraft ? If India is paying for it we want some assurances they will not sell it to Pakistan

I don't think Pakistan is ever gonna be in race of Russian 5th Gen. fighter.
India should be more concern with selling it to Chinese or may be some tech transfer to Chinese.

I don't think Pakistan is ever gonna be in race of Russian 5th Gen. fighter.
India should be more concern with selling it to Chinese or may be some tech transfer to Chinese.

China already have two 5th gen fighter program, and they are atleast a decade ahead of Russia. The J20 is going to be mass produced next year, and J20 is F22 beater, so they are ahead of US, and soon their J10C with WS-10 would be super mass produced killing all Rafale EJ2000, F-16, f18 and grippen from all the market and in 2017 will be mass produced, so by 2018 J-31 will be mass produced and PAF would have atleast 100 J-31, which will kill all F-15,F-35. So by 2020 there will be only chinese birds in the world.

Good night

China already have two 5th gen fighter program, and they are atleast a decade ahead of Russia. The J20 is going to be mass produced next year, and J20 is F22 beater, so they are ahead of US, and soon their J10C with WS-10 would be super mass produced killing all Rafale EJ2000, F-16, f18 and grippen from all the market and in 2017 will be mass produced, so by 2018 J-31 will be mass produced and PAF would have atleast 100 J-31, which will kill all F-15,F-35. So by 2020 there will be only chinese birds in the world.

Good night

Dear I agree to you that Chinese are in better position in many areas now but they are still behind in some areas like engines etc. and in these area they are in contact with Russian and thats the indian concern. Kindly do read the comments on which reply i give my comments.

and have a nice sleep & sweet dreams dear. :-)

Back
Top Bottom