What's new

Indo-Pak 'Berlin Wall' must be brought down

pkd

Reaction score
Indo-Pak 'Berlin Wall' must be brought down: Jaswant Singh

Karachi, Apr.14 (ANI): Former Foreign Minister Jaswant Singh has said it is time that the 'Berlin Wall' erected between India and Pakistan following the 1965 war be demolished.
Interacting with media persons during a press conference after releasing his controversial yet popular book: "Jinnah: India-Partition-Independence" here, Singh said people from both sides of the border have long been trying to come closer and it is time for making a new start in the relationship of the two neighbouring countries.

"Masses at both sides of the border are longing to come close to each other, and therefore we must let go of the shadows of history and let the new dawn arrive. We must create a strong relationship with each other, otherwise the poverty at both sides of the border cannot be wiped away," Singh, who was expelled from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for praising Jinnah in his book, said.

Commenting on the US and the North Atlantic Territory Organisation's (NATO) intervention in India and Pakistan's issues, Singh said it is for both New Delhi and Islamabad to resolve their differences amicably.

"The US is around 8,000 miles away from Pakistan, whereas India is only eight minutes away, therefore the people of India and Pakistan must resolve their differences themselves," The Daily Times quoted Singh, as saying.

The book was released in August 2009 in India and soon became the subject of controversy.

It contains controversial opinions of Singh, claiming that Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's centralised policy was responsible for partition and that Jinnah was portrayed as a demon by India for the partition.

The book has already received commendation from noted writers and experts Mark Tully, Meghnad Desai, Ram Jethmalani, Namwar Singh and Hameed Haroon, who believe that Jinnah's role needed to be reassessed.

During his stay in Pakistan, Singh would also release his book in Islamabad and visit a famous Hindu temple, the Hinglaj Mandir in Balochistan. (ANI)

Indo-Pak 'Berlin Wall' must be brought down: Jaswant Singh - Oneindia News

Indo-Pak 'Berlin Wall' must be brought down: Jaswant Singh

Karachi, Apr.14 (ANI): Former Foreign Minister Jaswant Singh has said it is time that the 'Berlin Wall' erected between India and Pakistan following the 1965 war be demolished.
Interacting with media persons during a press conference after releasing his controversial yet popular book: "Jinnah: India-Partition-Independence" here, Singh said people from both sides of the border have long been trying to come closer and it is time for making a new start in the relationship of the two neighbouring countries.

"Masses at both sides of the border are longing to come close to each other, and therefore we must let go of the shadows of history and let the new dawn arrive. We must create a strong relationship with each other, otherwise the poverty at both sides of the border cannot be wiped away," Singh, who was expelled from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for praising Jinnah in his book, said.

Commenting on the US and the North Atlantic Territory Organisation's (NATO) intervention in India and Pakistan's issues, Singh said it is for both New Delhi and Islamabad to resolve their differences amicably.

"The US is around 8,000 miles away from Pakistan, whereas India is only eight minutes away, therefore the people of India and Pakistan must resolve their differences themselves," The Daily Times quoted Singh, as saying.

The book was released in August 2009 in India and soon became the subject of controversy.

It contains controversial opinions of Singh, claiming that Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's centralised policy was responsible for partition and that Jinnah was portrayed as a demon by India for the partition.

The book has already received commendation from noted writers and experts Mark Tully, Meghnad Desai, Ram Jethmalani, Namwar Singh and Hameed Haroon, who believe that Jinnah's role needed to be reassessed.

During his stay in Pakistan, Singh would also release his book in Islamabad and visit a famous Hindu temple, the Hinglaj Mandir in Balochistan. (ANI)

Indo-Pak 'Berlin Wall' must be brought down: Jaswant Singh - Oneindia News

Already posted in current events Shoaib sahab.

LOL @ your picture, nice girl who is she.

There is no wall..... we are two seperate nations with 180° opposite cultures, values and beliefs.
Actually, Pakistan will be better off errecting a wall on the border.
If possibel i rather like to see Khalistan as our bordering state in south.
Jaswant Singh..... is he a Sikh?

There is no wall..... we are two seperate nations with 180° opposite cultures, values and beliefs.
Partially agreed:tup:
:yahoo::yahoo:
Stop living in your dream world, so called khalistan is a dead issue...Do you know how many brave sikhs serve the IA?
Sikh Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would like to see this world when the people had stopped identifying another person from the lens of religion, caste and creed.
Will that be possible?????

^^ Not while the bigotry exists in shallow minds devoid of intelligence as we see sometimes on this forum...

You, my friend, is trolling now.
Pakistan is very diverse in terms of culture. So is India. Also India has lot of muslims as well. So just say we are poles apart does not serve any purpose. Some of your part is different while some part is not.

As for Pakistan eracting a wall...you are free to do as you wish. India would be supporting such an initiatives. Just make them high enough so that they can not be crossed by you-know-who.

And Khalistan!!....some people never wakes up. :lol:

@topic:
I agree with Jaswant Singh's views. The Jinnah is demonised by Indian politicians at that time. However JS has opened a kind of pandora box. He actually said what many Indians believe in. That is, Nehru was of no good to India.
I am all for India-Pakisan friendship. However the issue is more complex than it seems. It is a tough task for both countries but certainly not impossible.

I would like to see this world when the people had stopped identifying another person from the lens of religion, caste and creed.
Will that be possible?????

Did i said cast, creed or religon?

Your reply, is just a perfect example what i pointed in my previous post.

Gandhi was the true person...........his ideals were true........he was always right........and jinnah is equal to nehru.........worthless.....partition was mainly due to drift between sir syed ahmed khan and gandhi.......is sir khan would have been with gandhi.....pakistan and india would have been together.

as far as the differences between the nations are concerned.......they are the result of Nehru Jinnah policy.....fueled by western powers......that why India and Britain and Pakistan and Britain are friends but India and Pakistan are not.......both the nations are the victim of western shrudeness......they ruled us for 200 yrs and we still put them high......its a fact..is Pakistan and India recombine........world's most powerful military and economy will be created......

Yes when on west freed Balochistan and in north pakhtoonistan .

Not a bad deal! if it helps to end the misery of the region.
But tell us how does both provinces of ours matters to you the same way as indian punjab matters to us being a border province?

Uprising of 1857.........when Muslim-Hindu unity shattered the roots of the west.......and this made them to divide the region.........and specifically target Islam........a religion which can challenge christian dominance.......

some warriors which fought for united india......
begam hazrat mehal

tantya tope
mirza mughal
bakht khan
rani of jhansi
mangal pandey

^^
Lets cut down your big talk and assume a joint india-Pakistan and now tell us who desrved most to be the first President of joint inidan Pakistan?
Nehru or Jinnah?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom