What's new

Indigenous Arjun MBT has Only 42% Indigenous Content

Atleast we didn't name a foreign tank with 'indigenous' name! On the other hand much better than anything China can produce.

BTW where did you got the info that the gun is from UK and the armor is of metal? BS, isn't it? Just troll.
:lol:

Glad you have objection on Gun only. I assume you agree on the rest.

The origin of Arjun gun is Technology transfer and license production agreement between UK and India on Vickers Tank. Yeah the vijyanta one.

Arjun was armed initially with the same 105 mm vickers/vijyanta rifled gun. Subsequently Army changed the requirement to 120 mm gun. So the present 120 mm rifled gun is nothing but the development of the same with UK active assistance.

Developing and more developing since 1973:wave:

Being a newbie which has never experienced in making these kind of complicated systems, What do you expect ?.

Now army is accepting 248 of Arjun on the basis of comparative trails with T-90. That means we have successfully narrowed the gap in a moderate time even it is not fully developed in India.

Moreover, the process is not tapped and continues with the indigenous development of Engine, tracks, thermal imager so on. Which means we are going to self sufficient in MBT in future.

IMHO this is far far better than sitting duck and watching others grow. So next time before making silly comments, think where you standing.. OK.

The origin of Arjun gun is Technology transfer and license production agreement between UK and India on Vickers Tank. Yeah the vijyanta one.

Arjun was armed initially with the same 105 mm vickers/vijyanta rifled gun. Subsequently Army changed the requirement to 120 mm gun. So the present 120 mm rifled gun is nothing but the development of the same with UK active assistance.

From which source you are quoting? Moin Ansari.?.:lol:

:lol: Made up story. Source? :rolleyes:

Before posting, show your source. I can say same about you, tell me which system on the Al Khalid is Pakistan? :bunny:

Arjun's gun much better than anything CHINESE CAN PRODUCE. All other systmes are also Indian except few systems like engine and transmission.

Being a newbie which has never experienced in making these kind of complicated systems, What do you expect ?.

37 years are lot time,expecting atleast half the system to develop in that time is reasanable.

What do you say????

That means we have successfully narrowed the gap in a moderate time even it is not fully developed in India.

37 years is moderate?:no:

With almost 80% components sourced outside??

Moreover, the process is not tapped and continues with the indigenous development of Engine, tracks, thermal imager so on. Which means we are going to self sufficient in MBT in future.

YAWN:blah::blah::blah::blah:

IMHO this is far far better than sitting duck and watching others grow. So next time before making silly comments, think where you standing.. OK.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WHICH ONE???

lol dude all the post is a story. but very poor one....... gun, armor blah blah......

You have been reported, for persisted attempt to derail the thread.:disagree:
:rofl::rofl:
when asked for a source immediately 'reported'!!! :lol: nothing btter way to run away!!! Every tank has some foreign system except the russian and german tanks while yur al khalid is all the way a foreign tank. you cannot justify your claim thats why taken cover under 'report'.

When you have more foreign components on your tank than Arjun you are not justified to talk about Indian systems on Arjun. Understood?

Last edited:
The persistance usage of AL-Khalid as a shield is amusing and at the same time pathetic.

If anyone has any reservation, please do highlight.

But then again hiding behind Al-Khalid is the safe bet. For each one knows "indigenous" is nothing but hot air.

The persistance usage of AL-Khalid as a shield is amusing and at the same time pathetic.

But then again hiding behind Al-Khalid is the safe bet. For each one knows "indigenous" is nothing but hot air.

Ha ha ha ooof the jealousy...:flame::flame::flame:

have a look at the Israeli content in the Israeli markava and the French content in France’s Leclerc.

have a look at the Israeli content in the Israeli markava and the French content in France’s Leclerc.

Sure, if and when a thread is opened regarding Indigenous leclerc & markave , till then don't post other tanks BULLCRAP.

Whatz the US content of whole of Pakistan ? :lol:
Losers who have no idea how much their country owe to others have no right to blame others

This thread is regarding Indigenous Content in Arjun, am unable to see beyond hull and turret shell. This is also due to extensive consultancy by krauss of west germany, who made some side money passing down some handme design.

Even here the make-up of armour and design is from 1980's, don't know how relevent is now.

As far as I know it is not updated and DRDO was running trail after trail with the same since 1990's.

What about this..... its much easier to bring under some components of Arjun that bought from other countries to hide Al Khalid which is a foreign tank! :P

When ever you were asked for a source you tried to divert it.

Your comments in this thread are like this.....

Titanium: Arjun has everything foreign from gun, sight and armor is a metal.

Me: Arjun's gun, sight and armor developed by India while armor is a composite one.

Titanium: No these are foreign.

Me: Show the source.

Titanium: I am reporting your post.

ME: Other tanks in the world also have many systems from other countries like Merkava, Lecrec, Abrams etc. While your AL Khalid is a Chinese programme named MBT-2000.

Titanium: Its easy to hide under Al Khalid. Arjun's indigenous things are 'hot air'. :rolleyes:

This thread is regarding Indigenous Content in Arjun, am unable to see beyond hull and turret shell. This is also due to extensive consultancy by krauss of west germany, who made some side money passing down some handme design.

Even here the make-up of armour and design is from 1980's, don't know how relevent is now.

As far as I know it is not updated and DRDO was running trail after trail with the same since 1990's.

Give source for your claims or accept that you are a troll. :bunny:

I can give my source as far as Al Khalid is concerned if you want. :cheesy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom