What's new

Indigenous AAM for PAF

Hex0maniac

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ok since I am actually bored and annoyed Af, from this moronic discussion whether F-16 was shot down(it isn't get over it.), the real question is what are we doing A2A missile Platform.
Because I was kind a worried when PAF said that Pakistan has took the emergency shipment of 100 PL-15, I mean its good and all but, what are we doing on that field, when are we going to seriously pursue this tech, because if any thing I understood, there is something IAF had that our current SD-10 can not hit what was the emergency.
JF-17-PL-5EII-1024x307.png
JF-17-SD-10-PL-12.jpg

I didn't find not a single research or an article that Pakistan is developing this Indigenous capability.
Even if we were, we will never publish research articles on it. A simple flash drive isnt allowed inside the premises of NESCOM or any other SPD org, and you think that they will publish research articles?

I didn't find not a single research or an article that Pakistan is developing this Indigenous capability.
Some people here have hinted of a Pakistani air to air missile indeed being in the works

Even if we were, we will never publish research articles on it. A simple flash drive isnt allowed inside the premises of NESCOM or any other SPD org, and you think that they will publish research articles?
No I know that, but not a single article, its not new tech many countries have it now how come we aren't serious enough on this subject

Some people here have hinted of a Pakistani air to air missile indeed being in the works
I hope R-77 would help us in any shape or form WC Abhi none done has sacrifice his career to give us the tech.

No I know that, but not a single article, its not new tech many countries have it now how come we aren't serious enough on this subject
priorities and money.

I hope R-77 would help us in any shape or form WC Abhi none done has sacrifice his career to give us the tech.
maybe. depends on the people who make these sort of decisions.

Because the projects never left the ground.

1. Available technology was either too crude due to sanctions or we had no money.
2. Early 90s Israelis offered python to us via an arab country
3. SA offerred to work on A2A missiles but both cash and Indian lobby ended it

if there is anything Pakistani are good Engineers but they are Excellent reverse engineer R-77 can provide design I guess I mean look at babur looks like tomahawk to me

R-77... you have several other A2A missiles... why don't try to REVERSE ENGINEER AIM-120 or PL-15...

Reverse engineering is not that easy...

if there is anything Pakistani are good Engineers but they are Excellent reverse engineer R-77 can provide design I guess I mean look at babur looks like tomahawk to me

But does it match the CAPABILITIES of Tomahawk?

1. Available technology was either too crude due to sanctions or we had no money.

lets be clear only China can handle our baggage :-) and still help us through thick and thin .

R-77... you have several other A2A missiles... why don't try to REVERSE ENGINEER AIM-120 or PL-15...

Reverse engineering is not that easy...

But does it match the CAPABILITIES of Tomahawk?
changing of subject is not allowed go find babur thread and have a pissing contest there about its capabilites.

and I said design about R-77 we have AAMRAM since 80 so we know its tech, but you can not make UN-licence weapon which is sold to you.

Ok since I am actually bored and annoyed Af, from this moronic discussion whether F-16 was shot down(it isn't get over it.), the real question is what are we doing A2A missile Platform.
Because I was kind a worried when PAF said that Pakistan has took the emergency shipment of 100 PL-15, I mean its good and all but, what are we doing on that field, when are we going to seriously pursue this tech, because if any thing I understood, there is something IAF had that our current SD-10 can not hit what was the emergency.View attachment 551937 View attachment 551938

The range was the issue mate, nothing else and emergency was to have greater range.
The SD-10's and AMRAAM's we had already out range anything india has, and we easily blinded their SU-30's with the AEW&C's...
Now with PL-15 we can hit them even from like 20 km's away from the border while they are also 20 - 30 kilometer inside theirs.
Kinda like nightmare scenario for them.

And yes, I've already tried to stres sthe need for an indegeniously developed Air to Air missile, specially when we already have Ground to Air munitions that can be easily converted for a start.

For indigenous efforts, Pakistan should bring TOT of the A-Darter and Marlin missiles from South Africa/Brazil

Hey you are confusing two separate problems.
1) Urgent procurement of A2A
2) Indigenous development program

Most of the countries including India buy A2A from other countries and even those countries that produce their own A2A, still buy from others because each A2A has its specific role, WVR, BVR, kill-zone etc so Israel is developing its own but at the same time, it purchases from abroad (namely USA, Europe).
Therefore, buying PL-15s from China is not a bad option at all since it is among the best A2A in the world and it will take years for Pakistan to develop it.

I think it is underdevelopment with ToT. I won't reveal anymore details here.

Back
Top Bottom