What's new

India’s UPI, Rupay cards to be accepted in France; Singapore, UAE, Nepal and Bhutan already using

There is no two factor authentication if you use your card abroad. You just need to inform the card issuing bank that you are traveling abroad so they don't flag and block it.

Foreign bank issued cards can be used in India without a hitch - no 2 factor authentication required.

Not true.

Can't do any online purchases in India anymore with US credit cards, unless their payment gateway is a foreign one. The in-person credit card is a hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. What I was able to figure out is that it will work if the card reader is a physical device, and the processor is accepting foreign payments, but if the merchant is using an app based payment gateway, then it won't work.

Indian credit cards do not work in the US, despite doing whatever you say. The transaction limit is Rs5000, that will get approved without the 2FA. That is like $70-80 and for some reason doesn't work on Uber etc. No idea why.

I recall we had this same problem in the EU like 5-6 years ago, when they required a PIN for every credit card transaction. Since US cards don't have PIN, we could not use them in the EU, since the payment device could not proceed beyond that step. That stupidity lasted a year or two before they did away with it, and credit cards moved to the chip/tap system.

Not true.

Can't do any online purchases in India anymore with US credit cards, unless their payment gateway is a foreign one. The in-person credit card is a hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. What I was able to figure out is that it will work if the card reader is a physical device, and the processor is accepting foreign payments, but if the merchant is using an app based payment gateway, then it won't work.

Indian credit cards do not work in the US, despite doing whatever you say. The transaction limit is Rs5000, that will get approved without the 2FA. That is like $70-80 and for some reason doesn't work on Uber etc. No idea why.

I recall we had this same problem in the EU like 5-6 years ago, when they required a PIN for every credit card transaction. Since US cards don't have PIN, we could not use them in the EU, since the payment device could not proceed beyond that step. That stupidity lasted a year or two before they did away with it, and credit cards moved to the chip/tap system.
Im using US visa mastercard in India. I dont have any issues so far except 1$ extra fee. I also used ICICI bank debit card in the US few times the swipe usually has issue, the tap feature works fine always. It needs to be activated in the app.

I find indian corporate banks apps more useful than wellsfargo and bofa. You have far more features in india.

Not true.

I am usig Australian issue visa/master credit and debit cards for indian online sites, works just fine

Not true.

Weird. Have no such issues. Use Indian Credit cards abroad and on various American and Euro websites all the time - just need to enable International Usage. Most bank apps even let you set a limit on international transactions.

Back
Top Bottom