What's new

India's top secrets are in Guangdong

YOu know what i think INDIANS JUMPED ON THE BAND WAGON like some one else posted DRDO have intranet not Internet so it is Imposible to have Thrid Party link to it, JUST like how they Claim NIRBHAY is a SUCcess, so is this stunt because they wanna JOin the US BAND wAGON FOR BLAMING CHINA ON hACKING, which will cause india More harm(economically) then USA because China NEVER FORGETs as you can see with japan and others

"THANK You COME AGAIN":cheers:

These r clearly state sponsored activities, we better start preparing our own Cyber Army as the Chinese ain't gonna stop anyways.

Plus we should also focus on our cyber defences, if needed take help of US n other countries who have been facing Chinese hackers thats all we can do for now...:)

Drdo actually works on Intranet.but they have different facility for Internet.most probably,breaching happened there,not in labs..

NETWORKING FACILITIES

DRDL Intranet (D-Net)

Dnet is a 100 Mbps gigabit fiber optic local area network connecting all the buildings & Technology work centres. The facility is available on 24 x 7 basis. DRDO Rapid Online Network Access (DRONA) is also accessed by all the officers through this network.

With more than 40 in-house developed on-line applications and 50 knowledge portal. DRDL intranet has become a very powerful tool for Communication and Knowledge Management for more than 1600 users from DRDL and 300 users from RCI and ASL.

Internet Facility

A separate fully secured internet connectivity is also available in DRDL on 24x7 basis. More than 100 nodes are provided all across the lab through a 2 Mbps leased line connection

DRDO

wait a minute wait a minute is there somethings worth to steal there ?
well i mean why india if that true well congratulation to india member at least china take seriously on you. :omghaha:

Sadly, we should had a cyber unit in extreme numbers working since the 90's. Again, being reactive NOT PROACTIVE. ANy new technology has to be analyzed extensively to see what are the pro's and con's, so we can mitigate a course of action and planning for the future. Again, this is not being done in India. What are going to blame it on...MANPOWER? Oh yes, don;t blame politics and corruption, blame it on NAxals or other external threats. Time to open your goddamn eyes and realize the problem is out gov;t Being better than Pakistan is not a credible comparsion and should never ever make one feel f-king good about themselves. Step up the bar. You wana compete with the Superpowers, then you got to step it up.

Well India needs many things....especially a good Cyber Crime division and also a good Forensic team in every state. Although the economy has been growing...its impact is not visible in villages. The basic need of 24 hour electricity, house hold fuel etc....is yet to be fulfilled.

Chinese cyber thieves hack into DRDO's web sites news
13 March 2013
Chinese hackers have attacked websites of India's top security organisation, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), causing one of the biggest security breaches of the file systems of hundreds of key DRDO and other security officials.The hacking has compromised sensitive files related to the cabinet committee on security (CCS), the highest decision-making body for security issues of the government.

The cyber thieves, sitting in the Guangdong province of China, have also stolen files belonging to the governments of the United States, Russia, and South Korea.

The hacking, which is believed to be officially sponsored by the Chinese government, was detected after officials of the Information Dominance Group (IDG) and private cyber security officials began to track down the `NetTraveler Trojan and Key logger' that had infected Indian systems.Officials of the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO), the official technical intelligence wing, working with private cyber security experts detected the breach after they cracked open a file called ''army cyber policy''. The file was attached to email accounts of senior DRDO officials at high speeds.

NTRO experts who tracked the origin of the file discovered that all the sensitive files stolen from the infected systems were uploaded into a server in China's Guangdong province.
In the first successful tracking of Chinese cyber thieves, the intelligence officials have been able to accurately pinpoint the origin of the attack.

They have traced thousands of top secret files, including those from the CCS and documents related to surface-to-air missile and radar programmes from DRDL, a DRDO laboratory based in Hyderabad, as also of several other establishments.

The Chinese cyber surveillance was so elaborate that the Guangdong server had even files related to the e-tickets of the scientists who had travelled to Delhi in the last week of February as also other documents related to their activities.

Other documents traced included those on deals struck between DRDO and defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Ltd, which manufactures strategic missiles and components. The Chinese have also laid hands on documents related to price negotiations with French defence firm MBDA.The officials also detected files related to the Russian military as well as files of US home security agency Centre for Security Research & Development Center (CSRDC) as also some files belonging to US space agency NASA. The huge server at Guangdong also had files belonging to South Korea as well.

Defence minister A K Antony said, ''Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else.''

DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta, however, said, ''as per our information, no computer or network of the DRDO has been compromised.''

Chinese hackers have for long been hacking into key Indian web sites, including those belonging to the armed forces.

I think this piece provides a more comprehensive insight into the story and is not one sided and biased.Even the Indians had success in tracking down the file locations.
domain-b.com : Chinese cyber thieves hack into DRDO's web sites

wait a minute wait a minute is there somethings worth to steal there ?
well i mean why india if that true well congratulation to india member at least china take seriously on you. :omghaha:
Maybe according to the Chinese eunuch cheerleaders belonging to the forbidden city there is not any.I wonder then why the Chinese CCP is so much concerned about whats going on inside Indias elite Defence research org.'s.They must be really foolish to do so!!What say Cheerleader @john.mccainn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hacking, to me, is perfectly acceptable among countries, friend or foe (there is really so such things as friends and foes in international relationship). Hacking between individuals is questionable, at most.

Don't want to be hacked? Lock your doors.

Well India needs many things....especially a good Cyber Crime division and also a good Forensic team in every state. Although the economy has been growing...its impact is not visible in villages. The basic need of 24 hour electricity, house hold fuel etc....is yet to be fulfilled.

I agree with your post. Some may state money is the issue but I bring up corruption and then they become defensive. Wiki Leaks posted how much money was kept in foreign banks. What happened? The Gov't is not acting on the issue.

I thought indians are claiming they are the best software engineers in the world or are they confessing they are not?

I agree with the posters here before me there is nothing there to hack for in india's drdo. They are probably cooking the news just to get the americans attention.

chinese hackers altered their design data that's why so many drDoDo projects keeps failing..

Chinese cyber thieves hack into DRDO's web sites news
13 March 2013
Chinese hackers have attacked websites of India's top security organisation, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), causing one of the biggest security breaches of the file systems of hundreds of key DRDO and other security officials.The hacking has compromised sensitive files related to the cabinet committee on security (CCS), the highest decision-making body for security issues of the government.

The cyber thieves, sitting in the Guangdong province of China, have also stolen files belonging to the governments of the United States, Russia, and South Korea.

The hacking, which is believed to be officially sponsored by the Chinese government, was detected after officials of the Information Dominance Group (IDG) and private cyber security officials began to track down the `NetTraveler Trojan and Key logger' that had infected Indian systems.Officials of the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO), the official technical intelligence wing, working with private cyber security experts detected the breach after they cracked open a file called ''army cyber policy''. The file was attached to email accounts of senior DRDO officials at high speeds.

NTRO experts who tracked the origin of the file discovered that all the sensitive files stolen from the infected systems were uploaded into a server in China's Guangdong province.
In the first successful tracking of Chinese cyber thieves, the intelligence officials have been able to accurately pinpoint the origin of the attack.

They have traced thousands of top secret files, including those from the CCS and documents related to surface-to-air missile and radar programmes from DRDL, a DRDO laboratory based in Hyderabad, as also of several other establishments.

The Chinese cyber surveillance was so elaborate that the Guangdong server had even files related to the e-tickets of the scientists who had travelled to Delhi in the last week of February as also other documents related to their activities.

Other documents traced included those on deals struck between DRDO and defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Ltd, which manufactures strategic missiles and components. The Chinese have also laid hands on documents related to price negotiations with French defence firm MBDA.The officials also detected files related to the Russian military as well as files of US home security agency Centre for Security Research & Development Center (CSRDC) as also some files belonging to US space agency NASA. The huge server at Guangdong also had files belonging to South Korea as well.

Defence minister A K Antony said, ''Intelligence agencies are investigating the matter at this stage and I do not want to say anything else.''

DRDO spokesperson Ravi Gupta, however, said, ''as per our information, no computer or network of the DRDO has been compromised.''

Chinese hackers have for long been hacking into key Indian web sites, including those belonging to the armed forces.

I think this piece provides a more comprehensive insight into the story and is not one sided and biased.Even the Indians had success in tracking down the file locations.
domain-b.com : Chinese cyber thieves hack into DRDO's web sites

why are you still celebrating Chinese New Year?

Back
Top Bottom