What's new

India's Taliban banishes women below 40 from markets

If you think urbanization is the sliver bullet to social problems/crimes related to the women.then you are wrong.you have fine example in front of you ie delhi -the rape capital of the world.Real solution is strict laws and there strict implementation on the ground with speedy justice.

You are confusing a criminal act that can happen to women anywhere with a semi-govt sanctioned diktat. Yes, I think urbanization can solve a lot of social evils that India has and at the same time provide basic amenities to the population at a lower cost.

I am a Delhiite . I have lived amongst Jatts and gujjars and till recently I was living in an urban village only . Don't try this on me :lol:Btw , my ancestral roots are from Baghpat only ;)

Referring to post #30 do you think Delhi is called the rape capital bcs almost all crimes against women are reported there or is it that truly Delhi has a worse record when it comes to women.

Chidambaram criticises panchayat diktats against women

Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday criticised the issuing of diktats against women by a ‘khap’ panchayat in Baghpat and said that he expected the Uttar Pradesh government to take action against those who try to enforce such “illegal” orders.

“There is no place for such diktats in a democratic society. If such a diktat is being issued in Bhagpat, I would expect the state government to instruct the police authorities to ensure that nobody comes to harm for violating that diktat,” Mr. Chidambaram told reporters in Chandigarh.

“That diktat has no legal authority and if anybody takes any action against a boy or girl saying that you are violating the diktat, action should be taken against the person who is trying to enforce these illegal codes of conduct. I would expect the state government to take action,” he said.

Mr. Chidambaram was responding to queries on how he viewed the diktats issued by a panchayat in Asara village in Baghpat’s Ramala area banning love marriages and barring women below 40 years of age from going out for shopping and using mobile phones outside their homes.

“These kind of diktats by khap panchayats, fatwas, dress codes, according to me, they have no place in a democratic society,” Mr. Chidambaram said.

“There are laws relating to obscenity. Those laws have to be obeyed. I don’t think anyone can say what a boy-girl should wear and how they should talk to each other,” the Home Minister said.

U.P. State Women Commission seeks report on panchayat diktats

The Uttar Pradesh State Women Commission has sought a report from Baghpat district administration on diktats issued by a village panchayat banning love marriages and not allowing women below 40 years to go to market alone.

“The Commission has sought an immediate report from Baghpat district magistrate in this connection,” official sources said.

The panchayat at Asara village in Bagpat district of Uttar Pradesh has reportedly banned love marriages, barred women below 40 years of age from going out for shopping and girls from using mobile phones on the streets.

The panchayat also ruled that when women leave their homes, their heads must be covered.

The diktats were issued during a meeting of the panchayat held on July 11.

The panchayat banned love marriages and said those doing so would not be allowed to live in the village.

Superintendent of Police Baghpat V.K. Shekhar had said they have come to know about such diktats by the panchayat and ordered an inquiry by the district intelligence unit into the matter.

However, local residents claimed that it was not a diktat, but a decision taken with consensus of 36 communities living in the village.

If you think urbanization is the sliver bullet to social problems/crimes related to the women.then you are wrong.you have fine example in front of you ie delhi -the rape capital of the world.Real solution is strict laws and there strict implementation on the ground with speedy justice.

Stop shooting from rear . Delhi is called the rape capital of India not the world .If you are so obsessed with India that it means the world to you then that is a different story :tup:

Referring to post #30 do you think Delhi is called the rape capital bcs almost all crimes against women are reported there or is it that truly Delhi has a worse record when it comes to women.

North India in general has a bad attitude towards women except for the educated people . If you look at Delhi then it lies smack in the middle of Punjab , Haryana , Rajasthan , UP and Bihar .I am sure Delhi is the city where most rapes in the country happen for cities .

I am sure other North cities also have bad record relatively for crimes against women but due to lower population and slightly lower levels of education they probably don't register as many rape cases as Delhi .

But still women roam around in Delhi openly wearing whatever they want even at night. They are gutsy here . They do it even though its risky. But one more thing to note is that most rapes in Delhi happen with lower and lower middle class girls . So upper and upper middle class girls feel relatively safe .

North India in general has a bad attitude towards women except for the educated people . If you look at Delhi then it lies smack in the middle of Punjab , Haryana , Rajasthan , UP and Bihar .I am sure Delhi is the city where most rapes in the country happen for cities .

I am sure other North cities also have bad record relatively for crimes against women but due to lower population and slightly lower levels of education they probably don't register as many rape cases as Delhi .

But still women roam around in Delhi openly wearing whatever they want even at night. They are gutsy here . They do it even though its risky. But one more thing to note is that most rapes in Delhi happen with lower and lower middle class girls . So upper and upper middle class girls feel relatively safe .

So rape in Delhi happens bcs of bad geographic location and not urbanization . isn't it?

So rape in Delhi happens bcs of bad geographic location and not urbanization . isn't it?

Bit of both . Urbanisation will improve attitudes . That is for sure . Also a lot of rapes happen in Villages here that go unreported . At least in urban areas more rapes are reported to the police due to more open attitudes and awareness.

The problem is that even within cities here there are urbanized villages here . This system has to go .Having villages within cities is huge problem because these people live the lifestyle of a city but don't leave their medieval village attitude .

This causes a clash of civilization of sorts with the more truly urbanized/educated people of the city .

Bit of both . Urbanisation will improve attitudes . That is for sure . Also a lot of rapes happen in Villages here that go unreported . At least in urban areas more rapes are reported to the police due to more open attitudes and awareness.

The problem is that even within cities here there are urbanized villages here . This system has to go .Having villages within cities is huge problem because these people live the lifestyle of a city but don't leave their medieval village attitude .

This causes a clash of civilization of sorts with the more truly urbanized/educated people of the city .

So in a way eventhough we criticize Chinese, they are moving forward in the right direction by having their majority population urbanized before the decade is out. Sometimes I think we need a cultural revolution in the Cow Belt.

These shitty half assed panchayats need to be banned both sides of the border. Their decisions are not only illogical, it is also usually criminal, atleast that's the case this side of the border!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom