What's new

India's Security Council Seat: Don't Hold Your Breath

Definitely. But not more than 10-12 years at most since by that time India will more or less be where China today is.

In fact, I believe it will be a blessing in disguise if UNSC reform is delayed. It will give us enough time to grow economically/militarily and hence make our case for a seat with veto much stronger.

Completely agree with you there. We need to focus firstly on our internal issue. Try and reduce hunger, poverty and arms struggle with our borders. Become internally stronger before putting forth our Security council case.

I agree that it is important for us to get permanent seat.But comments and threads from these guys seems like they are only living in hope that we won't get the seat.

Once we get the seat guess they don't get an attack. :cheesy:

Earlier they said it's our day dream for us to get PS but guess now it is their day dream to stop us. :no:

But guess what guys you can't stop us.

Yes we are not holding our breath but will work harder and get stronger and ready for the Great game.

The Pakistani seems to have recieved a new deadline to snatch Kashmir from India.
Once (not if) that seat is ours then :wave:

Last edited:
interesting comment by a reader :

Jerry Flannery :

The hypocrisy of it all interests me - India does not deserve a permanent seat now, YET China did deserve a seat much before it was the country it is now with all the economic boom - wasn't China an impoverished nation when the permanent seat was bestowed upon it? And is being impoverished or not a criteria for granting a permanent seat, and if so, why?

How did much of the western powers gain their wealth? How many were colonizing powers, who colonized and funneled resources and wealth from countries such as India? Was India always an impoverished nation?

So, as I said before, the hypocrisy is sad. Support China even though it represses its own people and murders them, as in Tiannamen Square and Tibet and Xianjiang and supports mass murders in Africa and other nations because it is more interested in the resources those countries has to offer and not the welfare of its citizens. How wonderful - but that's the world we live in.

Read more: India's U.N. Security Council Seat: Don't Hold Your Breath - TIME

How can a country like India, where 15% of the population lives under $2 per day, can get a permanent seat?

Pathetic

China was in far worse shape when it was inducted as a permanent member. Thus this argument is useless

Back
Top Bottom