What's new

India's sea lions: Navy's marine commandos get a makeover and reveal a lean

Gear is awesome but color combination of uniform, shoes and bullet proof is ugly they looking like private contractors. :)

Most of the people claiming that MARCOS is an elite operation unit and well trained but I never heard accountable operation from their side. IMO our para commandos really doing better than the rest and their capabilities tested even in wars.

Indian govt. investing huge money on MARCOS but no use.

Most of the people claiming that MARCOS is an elite operation unit and well trained but I never heard accountable operation from their side. IMO our para commandos really doing better than the rest and their capabilities tested even in wars.

Kashmiri militants p*** in their pants when they talk about MARCOS due to their actions in Wular lake. MARCOS was involved in getting rid of the SL militants from Maldives. But many of their operations are classified.

Kashmiri militant p*** in their pants when they talk about MARCOS due to their actions in Wular lake. MARCOS was involved in getting rid of the SL militants from Maldives. But many of their operations are classified.

RR dng better job for so long in Kashmir valley . PLOTE ah.... man see the militants number and talk , I think para commondo involved in that operation.

Well In MARCOS normally named as "Dhadi Walle soldiers" /beard soldiers in kashmir, as every macros have to be beard one. When Marcos goes in area , all militants move out of that area immediately.

Indian govt. investing huge money on MARCOS but no use.

This is an Elite commando force whose functions are kept secret. Even People in the Govt. do not know the exact number of them. Their identities are kept secret. After their service these guys will be used as spies or intelligence agents.

This helmet,Comm Sets,and shoes need to be given to the foot soldiers too.

But this would result in bugdet cuts for other branches. having a world class AF or navy is much more important than individual foot soldiers with high tech equipment, especially if we have a giant pool of infantry men

RR dng better job for so long in Kashmir valley . PLOTE ah.... man see the militants number and talk , I think para commondo involved in that operation.

Dude Marcos are used on the lakes and waterways in the Kashmir Valley. Also been used in Maldives, SL and may more locations. Were used on 26/11.

The RR is a COIN force. Marcos is a SF. And the only SF in India with maritime SF capability.

Those guys are MARCOs and so are these:
15doyfp.jpg

attachment.php

27TH_NAVAL_OPERATIO_297044f.jpg

But these guys are SPB:

Tavors+of+Indian+Navy.JPG

article-2177847-142F756F000005DC-121_470x725.jpg

But it gets confusing because these guys are MARCOs too:

bnbvnbvnb.jpg

thumb.cms

OOH matching uniform....new pinch :D

Doesn't having a huge-*** grenade launcher negate the point of carrying a short barrelled bull-pup? Also, shouldn't the bullet-proof jacket be camo'd as well?

Dude Marcos are used on the lakes and waterways in the Kashmir Valley. Also been used in Maldives, SL and may more locations. Were used on 26/11.

The RR is a COIN force. Marcos is a SF. And the only SF in India with maritime SF capability.

actually the army has a SF unit dedicated towards maritime capability .

Not quite true-IA SF are all trained in maritime ops as are IAF SF.

But are the other forces trained for sea insertion from surface combat ships? I was not aware of this!

But are the other forces trained for sea insertion from surface combat ships? I was not aware of this!

Of course not!

This is the sole preserve of the MARCOs, there is no reason for others to be able to.

Back
Top Bottom