What's new

India's rise as a superpower has China on edge

Wrong un veto power is very important with veto power you can have influence with country like iran ,egypt ect ect
What have you done with that veto ? Save your dear friends(PAK/Iran) from the evil nexus of NATO/US ? China is as impotent with or without veto as it always was in the past !

Again an uneducated guess wrt GDP, per capita income & what not. PPP is a more sound metric for eco growth as absolute figures vary greatly even with such a small factor as exchange rates ! Why don't you stop trolling & contribute something better than your IND bashing fetish ?

What does it have to do with India bashing? Take off your ultra-nationalist glasses and accept the harsh realities buddy. India has a long way to reach China (forget USA). The above was not even my guess, it is from Goldman Sachs.

Though i accept that PPP is a more accurate measure. If we take into account India's PPP growth the estimation will differ greatly. I haven't found any sources on future estimation of PPP for India, but we can calculate the difference today and go from there. Today India's GDP per capita is $1,527 and PPP per capita is $3,703. Roughly we can say that when converted to PPP the difference is almost double. Hence, a rough estimation of Indias PPP per capita in 2030 will be around 10.000 (Since GDP was estimated as 4.500 by Goldman Sachs for 2030). Therefore i don't think India can become an economic superpower by 2030. Instead you guys should focus on raising India's standards.

What does it have to do with India bashing? Take off your ultra-nationalist glasses and accept the harsh realities buddy. India has a long way to reach China (forget USA). The above was not even my guess, it is from Goldman Sachs.

Though i accept that PPP is a more accurate measure. If we take into account India's PPP growth the estimation will differ greatly. I haven't found any sources on future estimation of PPP for India, but we can calculate the difference today and go from there. Today India's GDP per capita is $1,527 and PPP per capita is $3,703. Roughly we can say that when converted to PPP the difference is almost double. Hence, a rough estimation of Indias PPP per capita in 2030 will be around 10.000 (Since GDP was estimated as 4.500 by Goldman Sachs for 2030). Therefore i don't think India can become an economic superpower by 2030. Instead you guys should focus on raising India's standards.
How do you define an eco superpower then ? PPP estimates aren't static wrt GDP so 20 yrs down the line we might have a higher GDP than US in PPP terms even with a lower exchange rate for the rupee ! IND will not match China in merchandise exports while they won't leapfrog us in the services sector, there is only one metric you're looking into here have you considered the fact that China with a landmass ~3 times that of IND will atleast need ~2 times the needed resources to develop their country ? The comparison is similar to US/Japan in terms of area, economy & development patterns except that IND has a trade deficit, larger pop(soon to be) & alot more younger people than China so demographics alone will fuel our growth for the next few decades while the rest will take care of itself.

Permanent membership in UN would be the first step for us to become super power.

Tbh mate, I don't think India should focus on this too much, it will come by itself. And every year India is denied a seat as a permanent member seeks to undermine the (already questionable) power of the UNSC further- not allowing the country that is the second fastest growing (large) economy in the world and represents 1/7 of humanity along with all the other factors that well and truly make India a global power.

India needs to continue down the road it is following- reaching out to countries across the globe and building up its renowned "soft power" (a field where India massively trumps China) and build on economic growth. No need to compare ones self with neighbours.

In this regard (soft power, diplomacy, economic growth) MMS has been absolutely superb.

people should refrain from using SUPER POWER & INDIA in the same sentence.

It makes the natives RESTLESS.

i HAVE BEEN TO INDIA it not anywhere near a SUPER POWER.

But its just had its best decade of growth since indepedance.

20 more years will see INDIA arrive at the 3rd most powerful nation on earth

but only if there is no WAR

Recently 90 People were killed in an Expensive Hospital fire and no one seems to care about it.

Here they are dreaming about Being a super power? Do you even know what that term means? Not just GDP but a whole lot better society. Not the selfish people you saw the other day when innocent died.

India Super power, my as*

people should refrain from using SUPER POWER & INDIA in the same sentence.

It makes the natives RESTLESS.

i HAVE BEEN TO INDIA it not anywhere near a SUPER POWER.

But its just had its best decade of growth since indepedance.

20 more years will see INDIA arrive at the 3rd most powerful nation on earth

but only if there is no WAR

That is prob fair. Cant believe that there are idiots out there calling india a superpower its embarrasing

I always hear this from Indians.

"After 20 more years, India will be the third largest economy in Earth!"

Ummm... so what? Don't need to wait 20 years, China is already the second largest economy on Earth. And we are nowhere close to being a superpower.

Being the 2nd largest economy for several decades, didn't make Japan a superpower.

Then how will India become a superpower, when they are praying that after 20 more years, they "might" have the 3rd largest economy?

I always hear this from Indians.

"After 20 more years, India will be the third largest economy in Earth!"

Ummm... so what? Don't need to wait 20 years, China is already the second largest economy on Earth. And we are nowhere close to being a superpower.

Being the 2nd largest economy for several decades, didn't make Japan a superpower.

Then how will India become a superpower, when they are praying that after 20 more years, they "might" have the 3rd largest economy?

If Indians want to believe that India is a super power, they have all the rights to do so. It doesn't matter if the rest of the world laugh at them. What they believe in their heart is more important to them than reality.

But why couldn't India be a superpower. India itself is just an invented country by the British. And now, India make itself a 5 thousand year old nation. They are good at created something out of nothing at all.

Before start trolling, India is a 5 thousand year old civilization. But the concept of India as a nation started in 1947.

Couple of things which you numb nuts fail to realise,

- India's rise as a superpower.

- Article published in Australian media, written by an Australian journo, so stop this bs about Indians are dreaming and blah blah blah.

Back
Top Bottom