What's new

India’s Quest for American Avenger Drones

Well the Avenger is more aimed at being an armed drone versus simple surveillance. India doesn't need a sophisticated Avenger to keep an eye on its border areas. A Predator can easily do that. If they want an Avenger they have something more serious in mind and that's why the US is hesitant to sell drones like that.

Absolutely agreed. If India wants to, they would eventually be able to get Avengers. But, there will be assurances not to be used against Pakistani border penetration.

Absolutely agreed. If India wants to, they would eventually be able to get Avengers. But, there will be assurances not to be used against Pakistani border penetration.

They'd have to offer something big in return to cut in line before England, France, and others.

Is this a surprise :lol:to anyone who have done a tiny bit of research on US arms export laws and policies knows that India wont be getting any decisive tech of weapon system that can build up capability o our armed forces to a significant level.
One should really read up some history of US arms sales to India.
Well US got what it wants (LSA) and India got babaji ka thullu:enjoy:
Thank you sellout NDA.

Eventually they could be sold to India...but not right now. As has been stated it took years for Britain and a few others just to get Reapers...advanced Avengers is going to take some waiting...unless they offer some big package in return (SSPARS/PAVE PAWS location) that we'd be nutz to decline.

This is a nasty machine

India could be fast tracked compared to UK and France.

probably will depend how much India is willing to spend and if they are board in containing China.

us selling them drones like the Avengers and Triton is game changing. heck could even make them in India as well in the future.

Is this a surprise :lol:to anyone who have done a tiny bit of research on US arms export laws and policies knows that India wont be getting any decisive tech of weapon system that can build up capability o our armed forces to a significant level.
One should really read up some history of US arms sales to India.
Well US got what it wants (LSA) and India got babaji ka thullu:enjoy:
Thank you sellout NDA.

P-8 Posdiedon and Apaches not decisive tech o_O

This part of your post is fanboy-ism and blind patriotism. History is the BEST predictor of the future (a wise man said it centuries ago and it's been true over hundreds of past years). Pakistan's entire defensive posture has always been India based. If they allow ONE incident from India today, the entire morale of the Pakistan Army who has managed to hold its own in three wars, will go down. Not to mention, when you allow an enemy to slap, what's next? They will try to cut your arm and head eventually. So mark my words and I hope you don't have to remember my post after learning the "hard way"...........any attack from India, into the Pakistani territory will require a response, nothing less. Then, that response would require a response from India, nothing less. And then.........all shiit will hit the fan and spread across crazy. I hope you can imagine the scene of shiit spreading through a fan!!

There were the SU-30's and everything else in 2008 and even after all these years.What happened? If India was SO macho like this article "suggests" through fan boy writers, why did India not attack Pakistan? Well, that's the same point I am trying to make. The Indian Military and Political Leadership think differently then you. They had damaged assess the situation and the outcome. The best option was, to work with Pakistan and push them to provide justice and capture the bad guys. And that should always be the case. Either side dealing with a sad incident, should work with the other side to get proper help to ensure that doesn't happen again, and the bad guys are caught.There is no reason to get hundreds of millions of people killed in a war. It didn't produce anything in the previous three wars and it won't produce a Dollar worth of productivity if a war breaks out again.

Also, remember, in any war, India, due to her economic strength and growing ambitions, loses a LOT more than Pakistan. In fact, if I was a strategy planner sitting inside New Delhi, I would openly tell the PM of India and others, that the BIGGEST hurdle in India's way to be a big regional power (that you guys so want to be), is Pakistan, not China. And a war would weaken both sides, but India would lose the financial and military strength and will go ten years behind v. China (which is your DIRECT competitor at that level). So why lose your credentials to a much smaller country and miss out on bigger achievements in the world when you can settle this peacefully, with trade and no war and terrorism pact like the EU has in place?? So the best option, would be to do a no war, no terrorism and trade pact with Pakistan. And continue to grow as a regional power.

The armed version won't be sold to India until some agreement is in place that these will never be used for cross border offensives. I can guarantee you this. You and some others are too high on blind Indian patriotism but the last thing the US wants is to see a war between the two of these nations. In many ways, the US is more worried about India's financial growth then India is. So the dictation will come from the US. Senator John McCain issues a statement two days ago on Modi's visit that with all that the US is willing to provide to India, Indian better act like an ally and a partner.

This has a strong meaning coming from one of the top republican law maker who actually ran for the President not too long ago. He is VERY well respected and has a lot of say within the republican establishment.

And the last line, its not a machine. Its a lethal and deadly system with tremendous force. It destroys whatever it hits!!
Will agree to disagree. I do not think you understand India Pakistan very well. Pakistan has past records of making huge false claims. The whole talk about using nukes is stupid. I am not saying there will be no response did not say in my original post but I said it will be limited. What did they do in Kargil?

Will agree to disagree. I do not think you understand India Pakistan very well. Pakistan has past records of making huge false claims. The whole talk about using nukes is stupid. I am not saying there will be no response did not say in my original post but I said it will be limited. What did they do in Kargil?

Well.....we can agree to disagree but my stance is the same that's inside the Indian military's HQ and in Civilian leaderships head........more loss (trade, financial, growing to a regional power) will be on the Indian side. Not saying Pakistan will not suffer anything serious. But the party developed or more developed in today's world takes a bigger loss in a conflict like this.

On the Kargil......the question should be, what did the Indian side do.....Pakistanis started it......it didn't end in their favor obviously. But what did the Indians do outside of fighting within their own border with so called "insurgents" back then? The answer to this is the same as the point I've been trying to make. Conflicts do not give either one of you anything better (specially to over 1.4 billion humanity living on both sides). So, the best solution is peace, a no war and no supporting terrorism on either side, and a trade agreement to allow both the nations to be the most favorite. These will break all barriers and will allow both sides to integrate from a trade and then from a people to people standpoint. Any issues, both sides should do joint investigation (issues will happen as some parties on either side won't like peace). This is the only solution to this 70 year old mess. And it is not worth one more human life on either side, to be frank.

Well.....we can agree to disagree but my stance is the same that's inside the Indian military's HQ and in Civilian leaderships head........more loss (trade, financial, growing to a regional power) will be on the Indian side. Not saying Pakistan will not suffer anything serious. But the party developed or more developed in today's world takes a bigger loss in a conflict like this.

On the Kargil......the question should be, what did the Indian side do.....Pakistanis started it......it didn't end in their favor obviously. But what did the Indians do outside of fighting within their own border with so called "insurgents" back then? The answer to this is the same as the point I've been trying to make. Conflicts do not give either one of you anything better (specially to over 1.4 billion humanity living on both sides). So, the best solution is peace, a no war and no supporting terrorism on either side, and a trade agreement to allow both the nations to be the most favorite. These will break all barriers and will allow both sides to integrate from a trade and then from a people to people standpoint. Any issues, both sides should do joint investigation (issues will happen as some parties on either side won't like peace). This is the only solution to this 70 year old mess. And it is not worth one more human life on either side, to be frank.
Sorry but not buying high retaliation theory. Pakistan neither have capacity nor resources. Max they can do similar retaliation.

Sorry but not buying high retaliation theory. Pakistan neither have capacity nor resources. Max they can do similar retaliation.

Which is exactly why India responded deep inside Pakistan's territory after Kargill and a dozen other incidents? Like I said, your diluted version of reality is much different than the actual reality I know and your military and civil planners know very well. So I'll check my opinion against Indian strategists, vs. a fanboy writing stuff with a sad state of blind patriotism. You are welcome to go on with your version of the reality that's stuck in your head. I think this topic is done so please don't quote me again.

The day Pakistani people become truly powerful and send their army to barracks and totally make their army subservient to Civilian rule............that day and only than there will be peace.

This will not happen till another big humiliation of Pakistani Army & Generals.

Today this fact is known to USA and European Country too.....

So........in future.............expect something to happen...........something to make things completely normal.

China - North Korea- Pakistan Axis..........no one will call them GODLY.

Thats why India wants sophisticated UCAVs, which can strike deep in terrorist safe havens in pakistan, during kargil war even if India invaded on all fronts, what India could have achieved, better was to focus on Kargil where we had lost some territory.

Once India has this capability then India will definitely use these UCAVs.

I don't know if you read the entire thread!! These UCAV's won't be given to India. This level of sophistication hasn't even been given to NATO allies. India isn't that high up yet compared to NATO. Second, when and IF these are ever released many years from today, these will be released on guarantees from India that these will not be used in an offensive role. The US has worked very hard to keep this region safe for the past 16-18 years and she would want to continue to keep this region safe from wars.

Another point, whether you use drones or SU-30's, you are crossing into someone else's territories. Like Pakistan did a few times before, she's clearly stated, anything coming from India into her territory, even for a limited strike will start a war. Indian planners and the PM secretariat know that, the whole world knows it. Which is why, India's not done anything like that because the response and the loss is already calculated and its not in anyone's interest. But the fanboys on here, have this strange version of a macho-man without real macho-ness. Empty words will go empty again.Its better to write with sense and logic than just making illogical and silly statements that show total contradiction even with India's own military's history and their strategy.

firstly indian has NOT joined yet loo at the officail mtcr website.
http://www.mtcr.info/english/partners.html

http://www.mtcr.info/english/objectives.html
Objectives of the MTCR
The aim of the MTCR is to restrict the proliferation of missiles, complete rocket systems, unmanned air vehicles, and related technology for those systems capable of carrying a 500 kilogram payload at least 300 kilometres, as well as systems intended for the delivery of weapons of mass destruction (WMD).

Albeit the fanboy rant that "US won't provide Avenger to destabilize regional balance" or under a condition that such systems won't be used at western border - the regional balance has already been destabilized when India inducted P8, AN/TPQ 37, CBU 97 "tank busters" etc etc

All of these are bought by India, we never asked US loan for it and all these will be put into good use, whenever and wherever Military wants.

If US won't sell us, then somebody else.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom