What's new

India's poor urged to 'eat rats'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wandering I thought Hindus don't eat meat according to their religion and rats would be meat???

I wander if there have been any scientific evidence for nutritional value of eating rats??

A stroll among the food stalls of Wangfujing Snack Street, not far from Tiananmen Square, reveals 'delicacies' of every conceivable kind.

Laid out in trays and boiling in cauldrons are everything from goat lungs with red peppers to scorpion brochettes, seahorses on skewers, iguana tails, dung beetles and silk worms on a stick, by way of fried sparrows, grilled snake and turkey vulture schnitzels.

Chinese chefs insist that dogs are specially raised for cooking. And lizards boost virility.' In the late 13th century, Marco Polo noted with distaste that the Chinese liked eating snakes, dogs and, in some places, even human flesh. French Jesuit historian Jean-Baptiste du Halde recorded a Chinese banquet in 1736 in which guests ate: 'Stag pizzles [penises]!!!

While living in China, Dunlop ate rabbit heads, pig brains, scorpion and preserved duck eggs - known as 1,000-year- old eggs - whose oozy black yolks and 'noxious aroma' caused her flesh to crawl, made her feel sick and left a toxic black slime on her chopsticks.
hot-sun-192.gif

Want more? But I believe you get the point! So what's the hullabaloo about eating rats all about?

Ok, nuff said! But will the Chinese posters here zipper themselves up now? :azn:

Read more: Scorpion kebab, anyone? It's fast food Beijing style.... But will any Olympic visitors have the stomach for it? | Mail Online

LOL, nice "blog" links. :lol: The one I posted was from the BBC.

And that Urban legend has been proven wrong a long time ago. It was in fact an "art exhibit"... that was designed to be shocking. :P

Do They Eat Babies in China? - Urban Legends

However, mainstream news sites do report on Indians sacrificing 7-year old girls and eating their livers. :azn:

BBC News - Indian 7-year old girl 'sacrificed', and liver offered to the Gods

And India's holy river the Ganges is filled with partially-eaten corpses as well.

I was also wandering I thought Hindus don't eat meat according to their religion and rats would be meat???
Even I was wondering whether Human meat is Halal or not.According to My video above it looks as of it is Halal.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

BTW Chinese Dragon here's your favorite dish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys can we stay on topic. its about Indian officials urging some Indians to eat rats?? I wander if said officials are eating rats also or this is just for poor. How much are rats meet costing??

Guys can we stay on topic. its about Indian officials urging some Indians to eat rats?? I wander if said officials are eating rats also or this is just for poor. How much are rats meet costing??

True, I hope they taste nice for the poor Dalits.

But they will probably get hunted down and killed by the Indians anyway, for the crime of being Dalits.

Not sure if they make it halal.

This is an old 2008 news.Stop jumping around like a Kid.

So by some Indian member response they don't like the fact that the majority ie the poor in India are being fed on rats. You lot with computers don't like it not cos you think its bad but because rat eating and superpower don't go well. That is incredible but incredibly true.

I say what Indians eat or drink :azn: is a matter for themselesves

Oh ! branded losers on the run again. A Pakistani posting a video posted by another Pakistani with edited heading and then telling others to make sense. A Chinese lul ranting lol, lol, UN, Poverty, but been black faced in details by proved facts that they themselves eat all the **** on this earth.

A looser with pulled down nickers will talk like this 'I am honest, To be honest, I have never seen such thing in China, We are the best smart *** clowns on this planet (but still nobody value them for even spilled berries), blah blah blah'.....

This is an old 2008 news.Stop jumping around like a Kid.

Actually I am not jumping I am sitting and relaxed. Its the first time I hear about this rat eating. I heard you have exotic refreshing drinks but rat eating?

But I agree if you want to feed your poor with rats that's fine by me

So by some Indian member response they don't like the fact that the majority ie the poor in India are being fed on rats. You lot with computers don't like it not cos you think its bad but because rat eating and superpower don't go well. That is incredible but incredibly true.

I say what Indians eat or drink :azn: is a matter for themselesves

MAjority is not being fed rats.

You are disrespecting the word "fact".:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom