What's new

India's patience on terror not unlimited: Robert Gates

You got so carried away in listening to the "Maulvi sahabs" comments that you ignored the fact that Musharaf no where admitted that the Pakistani Authorities were involved in the Mumbai Episode.
Only if you can listen to Musharaf more carefully you will get all your answers and maybe concentrate on the "talking **** and doing no good" ideas before posting comments out of hatred and not facts.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Striking observations! More than a dozen year old cross-border terrorism requires evidence and one case of blast, in which two Indians are under-trial gives you so much ammo.

You really think it is the Indian "non-neutral" media that has "fed" Indians to become, in your mind, Pakistan bashers or is it vice-versa?

I want to ask all Pakistani members here, one very straight and simple question - what if there have been mortal attacks going on in your country for more than a decade and you know that the schemers of those attacks are in your neighboring country, but the neighboring country is incapable or unwilling to bring those people to justice. What do you expect your country to do in such a situation?

A very good question put forward, but may I ask how do YOU know all this? or have you just assumed this because thats what everyone you know says and thats what you've heard all your life? so have I about Indian involvement in Pakistan.
If the Indian Media or the Gov has such convincing evidence why don't you bring them out?
You can't just blame someone without evidence, the people of Pakistan are normal people like the ones in any other part of the world who lead normal lives and have families.
We don't support terrorism and killings of innocent people, regardless of their nationality or religion.
The blame game will not take us anywhere.

Regards.

Let's make it clear to our indian friends:

You are more than welcomed to doubt whether China will directly involved in your "possible" war with Pakistan, but even your hardcore nationalists would not deny the capacity of China's production.

Let me just assure you guys one thing -- you invade Pakistan, which is China's only ally, you should expect unlimited army supplies be provided to Pakistan from China.

The choice is clear and easy for indians -- be America's cheap toy, or behave yourself and stop being south Asia's terrorists.

Why are u looking so terrorized :rofl:

You got so carried away in listening to the "Maulvi sahabs" comments that you ignored the fact that Musharaf no where admitted that the Pakistani Authorities were involved in the Mumbai Episode.
Only if you can listen to Musharaf more carefully you will get all your answers and maybe concentrate on the "talking **** and doing no good" ideas before posting comments out of hatred and no facts.

Thanks.

Musharraf did say what ISI does is reciprocated by RAW and vice versa.. I hoped that you would have some basic analytical skills but sadly thats incorrect assessment of your caliber. Read between the lines man and yes arguing is not going to take us anywhere. Just forget it.

Musharraf did say what ISI does is reciprocated by RAW and vice versa.. I hoped that you would have some basic analytical skills but sadly thats incorrect assessment of your caliber. Read between the lines man and yes arguing is not going to take us anywhere. Just forget it.

I think you are using your analytical skills a little too much.. What you are not understanding is that you or people on this forum do not have the nessesary information on what RAW and ISI really do. Saying that ISI does what RAW does means they are both Intelligence agency's which have their set of directives. I would not read into media reports on secret agencies cause that would mean that those agencies are not doing their job.

Musharaf: 5:36-5:52
"ISI has a role to play just like your RAW has a role to play and what is that role? that role is to protect the interest of Pakistan and project the interest of Pakistan, that is what the ISI was doing"
Arguments when put forward with some facts to support them will lead to a healthy debate and discussion.

Thanks.

So much for your analytical skills, stop twisting things.

Last edited:
A very good question put forward, but may I ask how do YOU know all this? or have you just assumed this because thats what everyone you know says and thats what you've heard all your life? so have I about Indian involvement in Pakistan.
If the Indian Media or the Gov has such convincing evidence why don't you bring them out?

Perhaps you come to trust your media just because it is your media, but I have come to trust (or more properly rely a bit on) Indian media, not because it is Indian but because I have often cross-verified or examined them, especially in cases wherein India is on one side of the matter.

Now since you are pressing so hard for evidence, I must enlighten you with it (since it seems most of your media is unwilling to do that)...please read this post and look carefully what Pakistan has admitted to. Now you may not have hard-core evidence for each of such incidents, but there are things that are obvious. Now you may also speculate of Indian involvement in Pakistan, but do also consider the fact that India is not wanting to tear away any region of Pakistan, but Pakistan certainly wants to do that to India...so that is how what is obvious comes forth.

You can't just blame someone without evidence, the people of Pakistan are normal people like the ones in any other part of the world who lead normal lives and have families.

We know that, hence no Indian has any issues with the common people of Pakistan. (Trust me when I say that Indian people have no hate for Pakistanis, except the emotionally brainwashed ones...but then there are rotten apples everywhere.) It is the Pakistani establishment that the Indians have problem with. It is urgent for people of Pakistan to become aware that they are being deceived into anti-India sentiments over the issue of Kashmir and that they were separated into two-nations because India is bad. The sooner people realize this, the sooner this grand old conflict can end.

Last edited:
I never said that I trust whatever my media shows without using my brains and blindly accept everything thats Anti-Indian. You don't blame Governments over media reports, at the end of the day it boils down to one thing only "Evidence" and that is no where to be seen my friend.
What does your cross-verification has to say about Kashmir Singh and Sarabjit Singh ?

Whatever you have said in your post is based on your assumption only. Where is the evidence? Lets not flame things any further and accusations without adequate proof will only dent your credibility.

Appreciating India's restraint after the brazen Mumbai attacks in 2008, visiting US Defence Secretary Robert Gates Wednesday said it is "not reasonable" to think that New Delhi's patience would be unlimited in the face of another terrorist act.

"India has responded with great restraint and statesmanship after the Mumbai terror attacks. But the ability to continue with it after another attack is under question... It is not reasonable to assume that Indian patience is unlimited in case of another attack," Gates said at a press conference in New Delhi after meeting Indian Defence Minister AK Antony.

When asked if he had warned the Indian leadership of another imminent attack by terrorist outfits, Gates said there is better cooperation among states at present.

"I think there is very close cooperation not only between India and the US but other powers also. They also give warning information about such attacks or if some planning is going on," Gates added.

Gates arrived in India Tuesday on a two-day visit and has met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and External Affairs Minister SM Krishna, besides Antony.

US: India won't have unlimited patience if 26/11 is repeated- Hindustan Times

DAWN.COM | World | Al Qaeda could provoke new India-Pakistan war: Gates

Feel free to comment :cheers:

US standard Policy is When in India talk like Indians and When in Pakistan talk like Pakistani's.

I doubt if the US wants a war between two nuclear tipped arch rivals, but at the same token of Robert Gates statement and similar noises coming for the Department of State vis-a-vis India loosing its patience post 26-11 yada yada, why did not the US attack Saudi Arabia for the 9-11 attack in NY in which all the hijackers were Saudi's? . Should Pakistan attack Somali or Yemen or Uzbekistan just because few of its crazies are involved in suicide attacks within the country? OR should the UK start a war with Pakistan just because UK citizens of Pakistan origin blew up a bus? OR maybe India should have attacked Sri Lanka when the Tamil suicide women killed its Prime Minister!!

So paying too much heed to the US jibberish every time they swing by the neighborhood is a bit cheesy for my taste!

India knows very well that its constant rant of post 26-11 terror attacks may have been initially taken as an emotional blow-back but its continuance into the realm of threatening Pakistan with a fist is merely chutzpah! Like I have mentioned elsewhere, our patience with Indian defamation antics also has a limit and God help us all if India chooses to actually test & cross that red-line!!

Whatever you have said in your post is based on your assumption only. Where is the evidence? Lets not flame things any further and accusations without adequate proof will only dent your credibility.

I think I have provided you the link to a post, did you not read it? Moreover, if it is only my assumption, how come it is shared by whole India and also so many other nations, would you, like others, turn it into a mere "anti-Pakistan sentiments" kind of an argument?

You want evidence for each and every terrorist attack in India? Well then find out where are groups like Let, JeM, etc are located, and search for newspapers about how many times they have executed attacks in India and then claimed responsibility for those attack.

I think I have provided you the link to a post, did you not read it? Moreover, if it is only my assumption, how come it is shared by whole India and also so many other nations, would you, like others, turn it into a mere "anti-Pakistan sentiments" kind of an argument?

You want evidence for each and every terrorist attack in India? Well then find out where are groups like Let, JeM, etc are located, and search for newspapers about how many times they have executed attacks in India and then claimed responsibility for those attack.

how come it is shared by whole India

You tell me.

Btw i'm still waiting for your verdict based on your cross-verification skills over the names mentioned in the post above.

See brother try to understand something, you are trying to justify something by saying it is shared by whole of India does not make sense. There is alot shared by the whole of Pakistan as well but doesn't mean that's the reality.
You catch a terrorist whose nationality is Pakistani and other then that you still haven't been able to prove any involvement from the official quarters, whereas Kashmir Singh right after crossing the border into India admitted everything.
At the end of the day it is the responsibility of the Gov to ensure the protection of its people where your country clearly failed on 26/11 and ours fail almost everyday.
The way you feel about the terrorist activities in India is exactly the same way we feel over here about the ones we face almost everyday.
Threatening to attack a country just because you were attacked by its citizen doesn't make sense, KSA should have been attacked right after 9/11 only if the Americans were following your ideology.

War is not even an option here, it will be catastrophic for both the countries, whereas there are other ways of solving things.
The Americans tried to bring peace through war, we all know what have they achieved so far, except for eating dust.

Thanks.

US standard Policy is When in India talk like Indians and When in Pakistan talk like Pakistani's.

I doubt if the US wants a war between two nuclear tipped arch rivals, but at the same token of Robert Gates statement and similar noises coming for the Department of State vis-a-vis India loosing its patience post 26-11 yada yada, why did not the US attack Saudi Arabia for the 9-11 attack in NY in which all the hijackers were Saudi's? . Should Pakistan attack Somali or Yemen or Uzbekistan just because few of its crazies are involved in suicide attacks within the country? OR should the UK start a war with Pakistan just because UK citizens of Pakistan origin blew up a bus? OR maybe India should have attacked Sri Lanka when the Tamil suicide women killed its Prime Minister!!
So paying too much heed to the US jibberish every time they swing by the neighborhood is a bit cheesy for my taste!

India knows very well that its constant rant of post 26-11 terror attacks may have been initially taken as an emotional blow-back but its continuance into the realm of threatening Pakistan with a fist is merely chutzpah! Like I have mentioned elsewhere, our patience with Indian defamation antics also has a limit and God help us all if India chooses to actually test & cross that red-line!!

I am not one to support blind aggression to prove a point....I feel that the gloves should come off when sh!t hits the fan.....

About the highlighted portion......

You cant attack Somalia, Yemen, Uzbekistan and the US chose to attack Afghanistan instead of Saudi was because nations cannot be blamed for the actions of their nationals (Read few bad apples)......or else the world would have "bombed Pakistan back to the stone age" a long time ago......

India has beef with Pakistan because terror camps were being allowed to run and backed in Pakistan occupied Kashmir and Pakistan was morally and materially backin these terrorists..... Post 26/11, India NEVER spoke of attacking Pakistani establishment.....The mobilization was to prevent a retalitation from the Pak Army in response to surgical strikes ON TERROR CAMPS if they were executed by India....

The US attacked Afghanistan for the same exact reason because they were sheltering the mastermind of 9/11....

As my Indian bretheren have mentioned before, avg Indian would be against aggression towards the common Pakistani as they have no stake in making the common man suffer for the faulty policies of their respective governments.....

Terrorist scum....whole different story...

I am not one to support blind aggression to prove a point....I feel that the gloves should come off when sh!t hits the fan.....

About the highlighted portion......

You cant attack Somalia, Yemen, Uzbekistan and the US chose to attack Afghanistan instead of Saudi was because nations cannot be blamed for the actions of their nationals (Read few bad apples)......or else the world would have "bombed Pakistan back to the stone age" a long time ago......

India has beef with Pakistan because terror camps were being allowed to run and backed in Pakistan occupied Kashmir and Pakistan was morally and materially backin these terrorists..... Post 26/11, India NEVER spoke of attacking Pakistani establishment.....The mobilization was to prevent a retalitation from the Pak Army in response to surgical strikes ON TERROR CAMPS if they were executed by India....

The US attacked Afghanistan for the same exact reason because they were sheltering the mastermind of 9/11....

As my Indian bretheren have mentioned before, avg Indian would be against aggression towards the common Pakistani as they have no stake in making the common man suffer for the faulty policies of their respective governments.....

Terrorist scum....whole different story...

Your Indian brethren are taking the revenge of a few terrorists scum form the whole Pakistani nation; case and point, recent IPL bidding, Gen Kapoor statements, Indian government's constant but failing bid to have Pakistan declared as a terrorist state, etc etc. We Pakistani's are against terrorists too, look what we have done in Swat and SWA! But we do not consider the Muslims of Indian Occupied Kashmir or folks helping them out in their struggle for a homeland as your 'terrorists scum!!' We consider them genuine freedom fighters and their efforts to get their rights in Kashmir a legitimate effort.

My suggestion to your Indian Brethren is liberate Indian Occupied Kashmir and allow them to choose their own destiny. The day you do that; our contention will remain no more and we all will thrive as two great but separate nations that we actually are.

P.S - The SH-IT will really hit the fan when you have nukes flying over our heads!! Rest everything else is small potatoes! So think about that because our 'meter' will go haywire long before your could say Incredible India!!

how come it is shared by whole India

You tell me.

Watch recorded telecast of discussions in news channels over Mumbai attack or any such major attacks in India. Read columns and opinions by people in newspaper, discussions on international forums, etc.

Btw i'm still waiting for your verdict based on your cross-verification skills over the names mentioned in the post above.

I have not had a chance to look into their case. Kashmir Singh is alleged to be a spy and not a terrorist. But if they are guilty according to your law, then do punish them, but do give them fast and justified trial.

See brother try to understand something, you are trying to justify something by saying it is shared by whole of India does not make sense. There is alot shared by the whole of Pakistan as well but doesn't mean that's the reality.

You have twisted my statement to give an expression that my opinion is totally based on what others have to say about the issue and I have no brain of my own.

You catch a terrorist whose nationality is Pakistani and other then that you still haven't been able to prove any involvement from the official quarters, whereas Kashmir Singh right after crossing the border into India admitted everything.

Kashmir Singh, is alleged to be a spy, not a terrorist. There are spies from every nation. You cannot equate these two people by any means. Now establishing a direct evidence of Pakistani establishment is not something that is possible by Indian efforts but may become possible if scope for such evidence is left by the schemers themselves. But as I indicated before, evidence need not always be hard-core, for example, you cannot prove to a blind, in a direct manner, that there exists something called a moon. There are evidences called implicative evidences that leads to such conclusions.

At the end of the day it is the responsibility of the Gov to ensure the protection of its people where your country clearly failed on 26/11 and ours fail almost everyday.

I would not disagree with this argument. In fact, India will have to make all effort to prevent any future major terrorist attack here, otherwise it would be very hard to hold any retaliatory actions, and that would certainly be not good for either sides.

Threatening to attack a country just because you were attacked by its citizen doesn't make sense, KSA should have been attacked right after 9/11 only if the Americans were following your ideology.

Let me clarify you, India has always talked about surgical strikes in Pakistan on the terrorist camps identified, in case it has to retaliate, certainly, it would never be declaration of war from India unless Pakistan decides to resist such strikes through its own force.

War is not even an option here, it will be catastrophic for both the countries, whereas there are other ways of solving things.

Do consider the question I put forth in my first post here to understand our POV over this point. But if there are other ways to solve this, do suggest them. BTW all possible solutions have been tried and tested.

Back
Top Bottom