What's new

India’s navy wants 100 technologies by 2031 including railguns, hypersonic weapons and lasers

Dream huge, talk big, do little and achieve nothing.

Is that your life motto?

It is a logical fallacy to say "because they are better than others, they will figure it out". They may be better than the rest, they may even be having the best intentions, but its not easy to develop such techs. there will be a lot of challenges.

However, India should find a niche product that they will be good at - and use that as leverage for exchange with other countries who have developed complementary techs. That is the globalization model. Just like in a society one person cannot be good at everything. A country will have expertise in some areas and you need to make that stronger and use it as leverage.

Just my two cents.

Except Railguns, I can't think of any other tech which they won't be able to develop

Except Railguns, I can't think of any other tech which they won't be able to develop

There is no exception. All teches are just developed from other teches. What is uncertain isn't whether they are able to develop but by when they accomplish the development.

There is no exception. All teches are just developed from other teches. What is uncertain isn't whether they are able to develop but by when they accomplish the development.

Navy has successfully developed Nuclear Submarines & Aircraft carriers, not to forget they work closely with the R&D agencies. So, 2025 is not achievable target

India has already done basic R&D in field of Direct Energy Weapons and Hypersonic weapons, thus it would be easy for India to churn out finished product in those field. Compared to this, we have to start in field of Railguns from scratch.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom