What's new

India's military modernisation 'to contain China': PLA Daily

JohnyD

Reaction score
Country
India
India's decision to boost its military capabilities near the border with China was a political move aimed at “containing” China's rise, the official newspaper of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) has said.

The PLA Daily said that India's reported plan to carry out a $13-billion military modernisation, including deployment of 1,00,00 soldiers along the disputed border with China — the biggest expansion since the 1962 war — reflected “adjustments” to India's national security strategy that suggested New Delhi had begun to regard Beijing as a “de facto competitor”.

“India has begun to consider China as an opponent,” the PLA Daily said.

In recent months, tensions with countries across the South China Sea have prompted a flurry of commentaries in China's state-run media examining relations with neighbours.

India's plans to boost its border security have been viewed by some Chinese analysts as a part of a larger United States-led move to contain China, and by others as a reflection of China's less than successful policies towards many of its neighbours.

“The East China Sea and South China Sea issues have further continued to expose some countries' ‘envious, jealous and hateful' attitude toward China,”
the commentary said. “The changes in the international and regional security landscape will negatively affect China and other countries involved, but they will benefit one country — India,” it added, noting that India had also “stepped into the South China Sea issue,” referring to recent cooperation with Vietnam.

Chinese analysts have particularly blamed the West for recent tensions with neighbours. Fu Xiaoqiang, a scholar at the state-run China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations (CICIR), told the official China Daily newspaper that India's move to boost its military strength was sourced in a larger plan by the West to contain China.

“The West's vigilance and confinement of China's rise are increasing,” he said. “One of its means is to take advantage of China's conflicts and issues with its neighbouring countries, and instigate and radicalise issues to exhaust China's energy, resources and strategic projection.”

Jin Yinan, head of the Strategic Research Institute at National Defense University, told the same newspaper that China should “not only remain alert of actions taken by parties to contain its rise, but also actively adjust its strategy and focus on improving its relations with neighbouring countries instead of the big powers.”

The PLA Daily said while relations between India and China had developed well with “harmonious” high-level exchanges, the border dispute and the “complex China-India-Pakistan triangle”, which was the “biggest problem” in the relationship, had created mistrust.

The commentary said it saw India's military upgrade as the reflection of an anxious domestic elite who viewed China's faster development as a threat.

“Deploying 100,000 more soldiers along the border areas with China is more of a political move than a military one,” the newspaper said.

“After taking necessary precautions, China just needs to continue to develop friendly relations with neighbouring countries and adhere to its established security strategy, and then India's troop increase will be in vain.”

The Hindu : News / International : India's military modernisation 'to contain China': PLA Daily

Translation: Now we contain YOU, India! :lol:

India's provocation over the past 3 years has finally come home to roost. We tried to make peace before, but now it's time to teach a lesson.

India's provocation over the past 3 years has finally come home to roost. We tried to make peace before, but now it's time to teach a lesson.

i'll be happy if you teach me "engineering graphics".i am weak at it::(:

Translation : Its time to get you some English coaching.

Take it slow this time, read the article word by word and try and see how you ended up with that translation. Good luck.

i'll be happy if you teach me "engineering graphics".i am weak at it::(:

So you are in your first year of Engineering ? Too much time in PDF is not good for your scores ;)

So you are in your first year of Engineering ? Too much time in PDF is not good for your scores

right now in home for lav.in hostel no dfence.pk only studies!

why should i worry when my sinochallenger friend is here to teach me graphics lessons!

why should i worry when my sinochallenger friend is here to teach me graphics lessons!

lol..ur friend has been banned finally...hope there will not be any more favourism and you wiill see alike ur friend behind the bars every next day they join back if they bad mouth assuming its PDF and nobody will touch them!!!!

Hmm, buying weapons is probably the easiest as well as the fastest way of improving military power. But obviously not the best way. It's nice for India to have the money and political environment to get advanced weapons from other countries. But it seems to me this convenience also brings a lot of drawbacks. 1, it suppresses the development Indian domestic military tech. It has been 27 years and where is the LCA? Instead, India has fighters from 3 different countries. This brings drawback 2: the challenge of maintainance. In addition, it seems to me (my guess), the foreign weapon companies have already somehow kidnapped Indian weapon market, which will largely infect Indian government and milliatry strategy.

My personal opinion of India is as a big country, India is rising and should be able to stand out to balance western super power some day. It is probably a good idea for India to gradually get rid of the improper affect of western countries. This is not bad for the environment of Asia and China. After all, Asia is Asian's Asia. It is not necessarily that China,Pakistan and India are rivals. They can be friends to achieve bigger economic success which really benefits the people of three countries.

stop exaggerating the indian military.

its a ragtag military that cant produce a bullet on their own if their lives depended on it.
we spanked them in 1962.

its a ragtag military that cant produce a bullet on their own if their lives depended on it.
we spanked them in 1962.

So your media writes article's on rag tag army.... kidddooo is dad at home?

we spanked them in 1962.
1962 was a much of HIT & RUN case..any mischievous by PLA around or borders now will be the time when u actually get caught and punished :butcher:

Pakistan's military modernization to contain India
India's military modernization to contain China
China's military modernization to contain US of A
US of A's military modernization to contain Martians!!:D

Indian can only contain women undies on their heads. They keep on buy modernize weapon, they wasting they people hard earning money. Year after year those weapon out of date, they bring it out and share the metal junk to its people to make garbage bin and other scrap metal thing. They keep on buying new modern, now they wasting more more of its people hard earning money. This will go on and on repeating the same process again. That is the smart way for India, if you can't build it buy it until you bankrupt lol.

Back
Top Bottom