What's new

Featured INDIA’S INDIGENOUS 100 KM RANGE ASTRA AIR-TO-AIR MISSILE TO BE TESTED FROM TEJAS; DRDO MAY BEGIN TESTING 160 KM RANGE MK-2 NEXT YEAR

Yeah its a copy, Russian/Soviet design, India share in only electronics and some components

Same goes to JF 17, made by chinese but the difference is that Chinese was making for Pakistan with their requirements and inputs.

if i talk as a busniessman sense then the chinese made a fighter for his client as per their requirements. They do not want the same fighter because they have better aircrafts that more suitable for their requirements.

The same goes with Brahmos missile. blueprint and technology was already with Russia but it is made for India with improvement and India's requirements. Brahmos missile was fully developed in India and new versions are being develop in india and that is a good for india.

Same goes to JF 17, made by chinese but the difference is that Chinese was making for Pakistan with their requirements and inputs.

if i talk as a busniessman sense then the chinese made a fighter for his client as per their requirements. They do not want the same fighter because they have better aircrafts that more suitable for their requirements.

The same goes with Brahmos missile. blueprint and technology was already with Russia but it is made for India with improvement and India's requirements. Brahmos missile was fully developed in India and new versions are being develop in india and that is a good for india.
Yes you're right JFT is not our indigenous design, every sane Pakistani member knows and admit that, only Pakistani fanboys thinks that its our indigenous design

I would not blame the pakistani members for making fun of Indian indigenous defense capabilities till now, as there is noting to be proud of ..

However India is in pivotal stage of leap forging in defense technologies in certain areas - missile technology, nuclear submarine, missile defense system, artillery systems and A2A systems, where a lot of success has been achieved in indigenous development of technologies. From here, it will take much shorter time for India to develop new generation of systems.

I have no trust on the public sector enterprises in India (defense PSU), but with more and more active involvement private sector manufacturing organizations, the improvement is going to be much faster than many here assumed ..

For the rest, its always good to have an overconfident and ignorant enemy
You mate, echo my exact thoughts!
Very few vices have as damaging an effect as collective hubris (a problem from which Indians are not immune as well).

On topic - now that we are facing the Chinese threat directly, our defence manufacturing capabilities will get a significant impetus.

Agree both India and pakistan are still far away from developing anything truly indigenous like Russia,Usa etc.

Agree both India and pakistan are still far away from developing anything truly indigenous like Russia,Usa etc.

rubbish

I suggest you look at

Kolkata,class destroyers
shivaullk class frigates
kormsta corvette
arihant nuke subs
tejas
light attack helicopters
dhruv helicopters
Astra bvr
agni ballistic missiles
Indian defence satellites
akash sam
rajendra long range radar

the list goes on and on and on

and they are all.in service

rubbish

I suggest you look at

Kolkata,class destroyers
shivaullk class frigates
kormsta corvette
arihant nuke subs
tejas
light attack helicopters
dhruv helicopters
Astra bvr
agni ballistic missiles
Indian defence satellites
akash sam
rajendra long range radar

the list goes on and on and on

and they are all.in service
If you remove US Army’s service Rifle the M4A1, rest of US Army and Marines are using imported small arms.

350km ranged Astra mk3 will be a derivative of SFDR. Will be tested from Su30 next year..

DRDO SFDR
ojLVrbf.png
Solid_Fuel_Ducted_Ramjet_SFDR_2.jpg

Astra air combat missile to be soon tested from Tejas fighter - Defence News India (defenceaviationpost.com)
1606315983441.png

1606316007045.png

1606316026847.png

India already ordered 288 Astra 1 for useby Indian SU30MKI because this plaform was used to fully test the Astra performance lmit to 100km

now the testing moves to Tejas mark 1 in readiness for mass induction in 2023 at a time when mark 1a AESA equippd Tejas enters service and another order of 300+ Astra will follow this

India Future BVR will based around

ASTRA 1 2 & 3 Ranges varying from 100klm to 350km for su30mki & Tejas

Mica & Meteore for Mirage2000/ Rafale

And israeli Derby ER for Mig29 with the russian supplied BVRS relegated and replaced .

ITS VERY SENSIBLE HAVING INDENGIOUS BVRS & strike missles like Brahmos to back up imported weapons

Back
Top Bottom