What's new

India's Guangdong

Modi has evolved as a leader.10-15 years back,he used to hold views which would be considered as more aligned to right-wing ideology.But,then the state of Gujarat has evolved a lot,ans so is the Chief minister of the state.One thing can be said for sure,that he is a people-person,wants proper development and most important of all,knows how to go about it.

His outlook can be considered moderate.India in particular and the subcontinent in general can develop a lot if he ever becomes the Prime Minister.He is known to be fast,swift,sharp and deliberate.So I guess under him,there will be more actual work on the ground and less beating around the bush.

I hope he can withstand influence from the west, promote the regional peace and cooperation, making regional economy as priority.

That will be the bless of Both India and it's neighbors. Congress Party is taking a suicidal path for the whole region, and rendering India a Puppet of the West.

Not to belittle Haryana's achievement, but the greater punch lay in manufacturing and industry and not in agriculture.

Haryana and Punjab are the country's bread basket but don't add much to the national GDP.

Didn't I give a GOI website link stating that Haryana is India's largest manufacturer of passenger cars, tractors and motorcycles? As a matter of fact, Haryana's economic growth is almost entirely driven by the growth in manufacturing sector, not agricultural sector. From Jindal Steel, to Maruti Suzuki and Hero Honda (both headquartered in Gurgaon), to Genpact, to DLF, Haryana's is home to some of India's largest manufacturing, construction and BPO companies.

Agriculture remains a low-paying and less rewarding sector as far as GDP is concerned.

So, even if agriculture does contribute majorly to Haryana's economy, isn't your above claim illogical given the fact that Haryana's per capita income is surpassed only by that of Delhi and Goa?

FYI, Haryana's per capita income is Rs. 59,000 against Gujarat's 45,700 and also scores above in other socio-economic indicators -

The Hindu : News / National : High income, yet high hunger levels in Gujarat

Back
Top Bottom