What's new

India's First Manned Space Mission in 2021: ISRO Chairman

:lol: Forget MARS, they won't evens send people into space until they are absolutely sure that it will be safe. They are a VERY risk averse agency unless it's abosolutely necessary (think GSLV). I guess that's right too- it's better to delay something by several years rather than take even a small risk that the human astronatus are harmed- there is a heavy political price for that.
I think we should wait till astronauts/US makes it mars.
It is risky...and the low solar activity recorded in 2009 is a big proof that long journeys in space is henceforth gonna be risky.
I do know ISRO with its limited resources would not take risks. :)

Nobody asked you what you thought about our predictions

When Indians are making such predictions, it's soliciting a response from both inside and outside India. Since this is not the first prediction , it has the same affect as the boy crying wolf.

I think we should wait till astronauts/US makes it mars.
It is risky...and the low solar activity recorded in 2009 is a big proof that long journeys in space is henceforth gonna be risky.
I do know ISRO with its limited resources would not take risks. :)

They will make no forward plans until it is done by the US. Even then they'll take decades to de-risk before they attempt something like a mission to mars (or even moon for that matter). Let's face it, beyond sats at this point we don't have great utility for other types of missions in the immediate future, let's keep going into the 'pioneer' work at a pace that's appropriate. When we're richer we can look at those things more aggressively.

This prediction rank #2 in the list of famous Indian predictions. #3 is LCA would be ready by X. #2 is when India will put a man in space. #1 is when India will be a superpower.

A reasonable time period. ISRO is much more practical and realistic than ADA/HAL/DRDO

This is achievable

I would bet that Elon musk would send a man to space before you know who?

Back
Top Bottom