What's new

India's EVMs are Vulnerable to Fraud

metro

BANNED
Reaction score
Not a defence related thread, but something that is very important and has to be addressed immidately.

Do go through all these links provided.

India's EVM are Vulnerable to Fraud - Questions and Answers

Save Indian Democracy | Preserve and protect India's democracy

This unholy hurry to announce the UP election is my EVM case. Even if the case was not there, under section 11 ITA any voter can demand a receipt. : Subramanian Swamy

Brief An Attacker with EVMS can access to Tamper with Potentially Change and Election Outcomes votes. We demonstrate two attacks that involve physically tampering with the EVMs' hardware. First, we show how dishonest election insiders or other criminals could alter election results by replacing parts of the machines with malicious look-alike parts. Such attacks could be accomplished without the involvement of any local poll officials. Second, we show how attackers could use portable hardware devices to change the vote records stored in the machines. This attack could be carried out by local election officials without being detected by the national authorities or the EVM manufacturers. Safeguards against these attacks are either absent or woefully inadequate. For the full details, please read our technical paper. - Http://indiaevmlorg/qalhtml
=== BJP chief speaks on Gadkari EVM Controversy Http://newslredifflcom/report/

2010/feb/12 /bjp-chief-gadkari-speaks-on-evm-Controversy.htm

Ardhapur Nagar Panchayat elections in Maharashtra, all political parties by the Returning Officer for the electoral process and voting procedures and machines for the Czech performance (Demonstration) was placed. It should explain the procedure to elect all the candidates, his performance during which five of seven votes were cast by the Congress into account. This two - it happened twice, after which all present were surprised by the political parties (except Congress). The Returning Officer Dr. Nishikant DESHPANDE "Maybe the machine is bad ..." as the case Rfa - turned out to perform again called on the next date. machines during the inspection seven different - different buttons were pressed, but in calculating the five Congress not shown in the account. Party at the flick of marks Dnusban was going to vote ... on account of the Congress.

---------------------------

So the fact of the matter is EVMs are not 100% safe and are open to abuse and can be doctored. This is a very serious matter, and can kill our whole democratic system. I want everyone to be aware of this, and to know, that these things are indeed happening. So if in upcoming elections, congress wins in UP despite being the most hated party, I wont be surprised.

Those who loose elections always talk about EVMs having problem.

Just look that a party loosing elections in one state and winning in the other raise the issue only in the state where they loose.

Also election commission would not have opted for EVMs if they had a problem. Now don't come up with some crap conspiracy theory. The Election Commission is one of the most highly respected bodies that conducts democratic elections.

People from all over the world come as observers in India during elections.

Also its easier to pay some foreigner [the so called expert] to say that EVMs are vulnerable than to accept the loss in the elections. Uneducated people buy this stupid crap thrown in the media "usually".

Those who loose elections always talk about EVMs having problem.

Just look that a party loosing elections in one state and winning in the other raise the issue only in the state where they loose.

Also election commission would not have opted for EVMs if they had a problem. Now don't come up with some crap conspiracy theory. The Election Commission is one of the most highly respected bodies that conducts democratic elections.

People from all over the world come as observers in India during elections.

Also its easier to pay some foreigner [the so called expert] to say that EVMs are vulnerable than to accept the loss in the elections. Uneducated people buy this stupid crap thrown in the media "usually".

You are a congress apologist, so its natural for you dismiss everything negative about congress as a conspiracy theory.
There are proofs, that EVM can be doctored. Soon a case would also be filed in the supreme cout as well regarding this issue. If you dont wanna believe in this, then I dont give a damn, this thread i actually for people who know, as to what extent congress can go to win elections.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Nothing to do with India defense section :tdown:

All the Advani supporters are posting all types of things :rolleyes:

And congress apologists are losing their nights over this. :lol:

yes,indian EVMs are vulnerable and can be easily tampered..... it's a know fact

You are a congress apologist, so its natural for you dismiss everything negative about congress as a conspiracy theory.
There are proofs, that EVM can be doctored. Soon a case would also be filed in the supreme cout as well regarding this issue. If you dont wanna believe in this, then I dont give a damn, this thread i actually for people who know, as to what extent congress can go to win elections.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Just for your knowledge, i hate both those parties. Some individuals i admired as true role models in politics have either retired or useless.

Please try to understand and differentiate between real issues and propaganda.

i am a congressman . and proud of being one. lets be honest the BJP has still not recovered they lost the last 2 general elections . and come 4 march we will see who goes up or down .:)

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

yes,indian EVMs are vulnerable and can be easily tampered..... it's a know fact

any sources to your claim mate , or did you just get this fresh of Nukad news?

HC reserves order on a plea to modify EVM or reject it

January 10 2011(New Delhi):

The Delhi High Court today reserved its order on a plea to either incorporate paper trail to physically record the votes cast through the electronic voting machine or return to old days of paper balloting, rejecting EVMs.

A bench of Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw, reserved its order on the plea by Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy after hearing arguments by him as well as those of Election Commission counsel Ashok Desai.

Swamy argued that the Election Commission of India should return to the ballot system to avoid tampering as there is lack of transparency in the EVMs at the time of polls.

He argued either paper printouts should be incorporated in EVMs by the Commission at the time of polls or it should return to the ballot paper system as the EVMs are not tamper proof.

He argued the EVM does not have international status and European countries like UK, US and Japan have rejected them due to its failure and they prefer paper ballot for their elections.

Seeking the court to direct the Commission to return to the ballot system, Swamy also argued the EVM''s brain - micro controller - is being manufactured in foreign countries like Japan, which themselves do not use the machine due to its demerits.

Appearing for the EC, Desai, however, contended that the returning to the days of voting through ballot system would not be feasible as it would require immense expenditure due to over 73 crore voters in India.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

New voting machines to have paper trail: BEL
20 January 2012

Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will henceforth generate paper trail of the ballot cast through it, making the election process safer and tamper-proof, defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), making the EVMs said here today.

"EC has given us its requirement for EVMs and work is going on to incorporate new features", BEL Chairman and Managing Director Anil Kumar said, addding the machines would be ready for use in another six months.

"The software in the EVM will be modified and a printer will be attached to it. When you cast a vote, the serial number and some data will be generated in the form of a printout. It is to ensure that there is no malpractice in the voting system," Kumar said.

The printouts will be used later to cross check the voting data stored in the EVMs.

Kumar said the proposal is still at the trial stage and next round of tests would take place in the coming months.

"We have already conducted the second round of trials, we will be seeing the response and it will be further modified. It could be ready in another six months time," he said.

On whether some of the new machines would be used or tested in the coming elections, he said "these will not be used in the coming elections. We got the proposal about five months back and first time there was a malfunctioning because of the temperature."

Talking about other features in new EVMs, he said the machines will be more rugged and smaller in size but with more computing power.

Source : business-standard

EVMs can be tampered, so can be ATM machines.
I dont know how many will ask a foolproof ATM machine in India.

EVMs have to be physically accessed to be tampered, and you cant do that for thousands of machines.

Which machine in the World cannot be tempered.

HUH.. As if there wasn't any fraud in the good old days of paper ballot. The fact is that the chances as well as instances of fraud have come down with the use of EVMs...And don't make it a Cong Vs BJP issue please..:angry:

HUH.. As if there wasn't any fraud in the good old days of paper ballot. The fact is that the chances as well as instances of fraud have come down with the use of EVMs.

correction: The fact is that the chances as well as instances of visible fraud have come down with the use of EVMs. EVMs are a great way to conceal the fraud. With ballot boxes it was harder to hide.

i dont remember the name , but that person(from Andhra Pradesh) was arrested for proving that evm can be tampered . After all it is a real time embedded system .

Back
Top Bottom