What's new

India's Economy Surpasses That Of Great Britain

This means absolutely nothing. More than half the Indian population live below the 3rd world poverty line. Poverty in the UK is nothing like poverty in the 3rd world. Half the Indians defecate outdoors! Poor infrastructure, terrible transport...India is just a 3rd world country and nothing more. Yes it's progressing and many areas are modern and advanced but realistically, as a country it will be decades before they ever approach 1st world status. The fact that hundreds of thousands of Indians move here every year while hardly any go the other way tells you all you need to know.

Why cannot wait until early next year, when some established organizations like World Bank or IMF publicize their data. It is too early to tell the whole story.

It is like some years ago, when Western media bragging about Volkwagen becoming the world's biggest automaker, just based on the first quarter results. But by the year-end, it dropped to third place again.

I want to give my congratulation to India, but it is still too early.

I heard some Hindus eat corpses? ouch

Sure, a sect of people who has renounced society do that to eliminate fear and any feeling of attachment to society or to their human body.

What is your excuse ?

Damn this thread got hot pretty fast...

Anyways its true we hate PDF Chinese but truth to be told an average indian loves Chinese more than Indian

Ps:I am talking abt food type..

NEW DELHI: Owing to Britain’s recent Brexit-related problems and thanks to India’s rapid economic growth, India has managed to overtake its erstwhile colonial master United Kingdom in terms of the size of the economy – the first time after nearly 150 years.

This dramatic shift has been driven by India’s rapid economic growth over the past 25 years as well downslide in the value of the pound over the last 12 months, a report published in Forbes magazine said.

“Once expected to overtake the UK GDP in 2020, the surpasso has been accelerated by the nearly 20 per cent decline in the value of the pound over the last 12 months, consequently UK’s 2016 GDP of GBP 1.87 trillion converts to $2.29 trillion at exchange rate of GBP 0.81 per $1, whereas India’s GDP of INR 153 trillion converts to $2.30 trillion at exchange rate of INR 66.6 per $1,” the report said.

Interestingly, economic think-tank Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) had, in December 2011, forecasted that India would become the “fifth largest by 2020” but India has crossed this significant milestone much sooner.

Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju while celebrating India’s landmark, said, “India overtakes UK & becomes 5th largest GDP after USA, China, Japan & Germany.”

9d9e0d8fgw1fazobfvj9bj20dd0g242p.jpg

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...at-of-united-kingdom/articleshow/56064690.cms

Back
Top Bottom