What's new

india's climb up the Value Chain

General Observer

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
This thread is exclusively for india's climb up the value chain, in technology, manufacturing, services etc.

I would like to invite my indian friends to keep sharing news from the local media outlets, about this development.

I would like to know how india is evolving its machinery, machine tools, chemicals sector, CASTING PRODUCTION, FORGINGS, STEEL PRODUCTION MILLS, HEAT TREATMENTS in particular.

Please sticky this thread

@WebMaster

This thread is exclusively for india's climb up the value chain, in technology, manufacturing, services etc.

I would like to invite my indian friends to keep sharing news from the local media outlets, about this development.

I would like to know how india is evolving its machinery, machine tools, chemicals sector, CASTING PRODUCTION, FORGINGS, STEEL PRODUCTION MILLS, HEAT TREATMENTS in particular.

Please sticky this thread

@WebMaster

India does produce high end products, but the numbers and maybe the quality is still low.

Well to give you an Idea, Bharat Forge is the world's second largest Forging unit after Germany's Thyssenkrupp.

How heavy are the forging press (range)? Where does india buy these equipment from? What do they mainly produce?

More than half of Indian manufactured products in the industrial sector sucks big time and they are only able to sell by having a cheaper price and massive kick backs...indian motors..suck..indian steel..sucks..indian made compressor..sucks..indian engines..suck..indian vehicles..suck..indian trucks..suck!

More than half of Indian manufactured products in the industrial sector sucks big time and they are only able to sell by having a cheaper price and massive kick backs...indian motors..suck..indian steel..sucks..indian made compressor..sucks..indian engines..suck..indian vehicles..suck..indian trucks..suck!

And your jealousy sucks even bigger. How hard is for you to accept the fact that your country has been left behind even by uganda? India is a far reach for you. Your country does not even produce things that you say we suck at.

Psst!! If an Indian company can create profit out of JLR Which was making loss under ford, it is a direct implication of our forward thinking ability. By the way hows TATA Land Rover doing in your arsenal?

How heavy are the forging press (range)? Where does india buy these equipment from? What do they mainly produce?

India has an installed capacity of around 37.7 lakh MT, and the industry has a capability to forge variety of raw materials like carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, super alloy, titanium, aluminium, etc.

The capacity is under utilized. Say only 70% of the installed capacity is being used currently. Hopefully if the Make in India programme is a Hit, then we could increase the capacity according to utilization.

There are many Indian Companies that manufacture, sell and export forging press however , I've got no clue how heavy they are.

Last edited:

These are questions you as primitive industrial societies :P

You are talking as if you have discovered some aliens and want to know more about them.

52387378.jpg

Are you buying vacuum cleaners on the name of indian products.

364843efe8e359e1f351122ed877fc79b1dc0c0593f562d62c2595a5ff817c28.jpg

The day you can CREATE a Company like Larsen and Toubro or BHEL or Tata Steel
or Tata Motors we will ACCEPT defeat

Back
Top Bottom