What's new

India's Chabahar vs China's Gwadar: New Delhi plays tic-tac-toe with Beijing

how will you access CA? please enlighten us! have you guys invented some invisible container or something that can pass afganistan without taliban noticing (who control more than 50% afganistan and dont like banyas much)? comon spill your secret please
Through Turkmenistan.

cant they already use iran - turkmanistan route?
Bro you are asking the wrong questions.. Ask them about Chabahars capacity as an aritficial deep sea port or what their plans are once the lease is over in next 5-10 years.Or how can we Pakistanis make use of chabahar port to share our load when gwadar has its hands full.China can get the crane contract in chabahar why shouldn't Pakistan participate in the bidding?

how will you access CA? please enlighten us! have you guys invented some invisible container or something that can pass afganistan without taliban noticing (who control more than 50% afganistan and dont like banyas much)? comon spill your secret please
Ok Get yourself enlightened a bit
Map_of_Central_Asia.png

Assuming You r are now at the south of Zahedan where Chabahar is, and need to reach resource rich Turkmenistan /Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan. Can you make a line avoiding Taliban infested Afganistan? :-)

Now you know the secret --- Don't cry us an indus... :p:

All of these attacks are perpetrated by the TTP Jamaat Ul Ahraar, whose leaders have confessed to having direct contacts with India. The only ethnic and political violence was committed by the MQM, whose members confessed before the Scotland Yard that they got all their funding from India. The members who surrendered confessed that they got their training when they visited India. These are no longer secrets.

Do you really think India is that innocent that it has never done anything of this sort in its life? When Pakistan supported the Pakhtuns Taliban, India was supporting the Soviet occupation, the Najibullah govt and then the debauched Northern Alliance govt. It has been this oppression by India which caused the Afghan govt to lose 50% of its country up till now.
First of all the militants groups mentioned by you(TTP,Jamat UL Ahraar, Jamait I Islami and many others) were created by ISI during the Afghan war. Many of the militant groups were pushed in Kashmir after the Afghan war. Yr own Punjabi PM appeals to the Taliban to spare Punjab, Here Punjab means the Pakistani ones. About MQM,it was created by Zia ul haq to counter Sindhi Nationalism. Lastly MQM is a political party which contests elections in Pakistan,if MQM is involved in Anti National activities why don't u ban MQM. What are you waiting for. The ethnic violence in KARACHI, Pakistan( MQM VS OTHERS) goes back to to 1960's. In your earlier reply you have blamed India for the violence in Balochistan but show me one place where the militants have not left their foot prints. U have attacks on polio workers, census team

Map_of_Central_Asia.png

Assuming You r are now at the south of Zahedan where Chabahar is, and need to reach resource rich Turkmenistan /Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan. Can you make a line avoiding Taliban infested Afganistan? :-)

Good luck!!!

But no trolling serious question but that route looks accessible already! What make chahbar so special? There is already a line from india to turkman.

Whats about TAPI?What is its future?

Good luck!!!

But no trolling serious question but that route looks accessible already! What make chahbar so special? There is already a line from india to turkman.
Which line are you talking about? TAPI ? India needs to pay the transit fee to two countries for its share of gas. Let's see if the underwater pipeline from Oman and Iran becomes reality India will have the option to negociate further.
And with TAPI there would be a leverage that India will pass on to Pakistan. That India should try to avoid for various reasons.

And India wants to reach to central Asian markets with its finished products too. And that cannot be achieved through a pipeline.

Whats about TAPI?What is its future?
It is a good project in total, But if I would be Modi, I will not switch on the valve of the Pipeline until the overland route to Afganistan will be given to me. National Interest first.

Which line are you talking about? TAPI ? India needs to pay the transit fee to two countries for its share of gas. Let's see if the underwater pipeline from Oman and Iran becomes reality India will have the option to negociate further.
And with TAPI there would be a leverage that India will pass on to Pakistan. That India should try to avoid for various reasons.

And India wants to reach to central Asian markets with its finished products too. And that cannot be achieved through a pipeline.

It is a good project in total, But if I would be Modi, I will not switch on the valve of the Pipeline until the overland route to Afganistan will be given to me. National Interest first.
I meant transit route from iran to turkmanistan for goods and not gas.it already exists,

I meant transit route from iran to turkmanistan for goods and not gas.it already exists,
Chabahar makes special, because the port was not developed before, and India is developing and will get berth dedicated to it. Therefore, in the long run, will reduce the cost of logistics. Also previously the next bigger port was Bandar abbas which is a logistical nightmare because of Distance and traffic on the port and strait of Hormuz.

Also, It is a huge diplomatic step when a country starts investing in other countries. And multiple countries start taking benefits from the investment. It gains diplomatic leverages and trust internationally.

Chabahar makes special, because the port was not developed before, and India is developing and will get berth dedicated to it. Therefore, in the long run, will reduce the cost of logistics. Also previously the next bigger port was Bandar abbas which is a logistical nightmare because of Distance and traffic on the port and strait of Hormuz.

Also, It is a huge diplomatic step when a country starts investing in other countries. And multiple countries start taking benefits from the investment. It gains diplomatic leverages and trust internationally.
Okay good luck!!

Dude whether you get the overland route or not doesnt matter if the Talis are sitting around it.Now suppose you get rid of them how can you stop Pakistan from using it to get even on other areas of its interest or in case of war.And forget about the underwater pipeline which will definitely not pass Pakistans extended EEZ because of the environmental concerns.

Regarding the trade route for each major CA city , since you have put the map here earlier just wanted to say best routes for anyone trading through the Indian ocean are as below

Astana/Kazakhistan - via Kyrgyztan-China-Pakistan
Almaty/Kazakhistan - via Kyrgyztan-China-Pakistan
Bishkek/Kyrgyztan - via China-Pakistan

Samarkand/Uzbekistan - via Afghanistan-Pakistan
Tashkent/Uzbekistan - via Afghanistan-Pakistan
Dushanbe/Tajikistan - via Afghanistan-Pakistan

Ashgabad/Turkmanistan - via Iran

So Pakistan has a huge role in upcoming Central Asian trade happening through Indian ocean as you can see.

Last edited:
I love the way battle between India and China develops neighbouring countries of asia and africa, each country has its plans to develop the region for betterment of society and earn themselves some respect and friends in International community, I love the way chinese work, they are really fast and on time....:china:

If pakistan has contacts with war lords so do india. and btw, Chahbahar is needed by india to access central asia not A-stan alone.

Again, it has nothing to do with CPEC.

The Taliban appeared spontaneously in 1994 and it happened because of the oppression of the warlords. All the warlords formed up under the Northern Alliance, which was supported by India. There is a big difference between both strategies.

With regards to Chahbahar, of course India will gain access to Central Asia. But it is also clear that both projects are ultimately aiming for connectivity to the same area. One will succeed and one will fail.

Back
Top Bottom