What's new

India's ASTRA BVRAAM Successfully Testfired From IAF Flanker

No the engine is indigenous. I had posted complete details along with the pic of a very detailed cut away model (surprisingly high quality) of the engine in question long back. Time permitting I will dig up the info. Till then the aforementioned should suffice to answer your question.

As for the Astra, the seeker is Russian, the babus finally showed some sense since they didn't hold up development on the missile itself due to a dearth of seeker tech. With the ab initio developmental cycle of a BVR missile over we can now venture to master more specific technologies with ease. Had the same approach been adopted for other programs then the shape of things prevaling would be very different. Write off the risk, don't hold up indigenous projects because we do not have an in country base for EVERY SINGLE specific sub-component, as these projects are concluded then it is easier to build upon them while bringing a larger numbwer of sub-components into the fold of in-country design and fab. This way you still have reletive cost savings, and smarter evolution of indigenous capabilities.

very well then

are we using laghu shakti engine??

very well then

are we using laghu shakti engine??

Not explicitly but the Laghu Shakti engine would be VERY close to the engine powering the Nirbhay, since the engine for the Nirbhay produced under the "small gas turbine engine" program operates at 370 or so DaN (380Kgf) of thrust and the Laghu Shakti rates in at 400Kgf.

No the engine is indigenous. I had posted complete details along with the pic of a very detailed cut away model (surprisingly high quality) of the engine in question long back. Time permitting I will dig up the info. Till then the aforementioned should suffice to answer your question.

As for the Astra, the seeker is Russian, the babus finally showed some sense since they didn't hold up development on the missile itself due to a dearth of seeker tech. With the ab initio developmental cycle of a BVR missile over we can now venture to master more specific technologies with ease. Had the same approach been adopted for other programs then the shape of things prevailing would be very different. Write off the risk, don't hold up indigenous projects because we do not have an in country base for EVERY SINGLE specific sub-component, as these projects are concluded then it is easier to build upon them while bringing a larger number of sub-components into the fold of in-country design and fab. This way you still have relative cost savings, and smarter evolution of indigenous capabilities.

If you are talking about Nirbhay missile engine ....then it's not indigenous .

It's turbofan engine ...which is imported !

@he-man sorry to disappoint you ...

dillinger thinks otherwise.
now who wants to die:butcher:

Nope. Many a journo went running about calling it an imported solution from NPO, but it was developed by the GTRE under the SGTE program.

Nope. Many a journo went running about calling it an imported solution from NPO, but it was developed by the GTRE under the SGTE program.

I do not know what journalists are saying .

But Dr Avinash Chander had himself admitted that Nirbhay is propelled by an imported engine .

Read Dr Avinash Chander's interview in Geo-politics magazine published in March 2012 at page No. 51

March 2012

All right @Dillinger u are free to go

@Indo-guy
prepare to die for ur lies that made my bp shoot up by several notches:sniper:

@he-man I remember TS Subramaniam and PSK running about in the early days calling it a "re-usable" missile which will drop bombs.

And Kunal sahib who swore that it was a larger version of the Abhyas target drone.

Only the prototypes to speed up the development process,which was the smarter thing to do than holding the project back.But the operational Nirbhay LACMs will make use of a GTRE developed turbofan engine,because you simply can't use an imported engine to power a 300+ km range missile as per MTCR.

But Dr Avinash Chander had himself admitted that Nirbhay is propelled by an imported engine .

Read Dr Avinash Chander's interview in Geo-politics magazine published in March 2012 at page No. 51

March 2012
:hitwall::hitwall::sick::angry::angry::tsk::cray::triniti::suicide::pissed:

March 2012

Then Mr. Chander and the fellow interviewing him will be awe struck to know of the the Small Gas Turbine Engine for Strategic Applications Program which happily handed over a working engine which was integrated on to the vehicle in 2012 itself.

Then Mr. Chander and the fellow interviewing him will be awe struck to know of the the Small Gas Turbine Engine for Strategic Applications Program which happily handed over a working engine which was integrated on to the vehicle in 2012 itself.

which vehicle ?

I have quoted source .with Dr Avinash Chander himself admitting that Nirbhay engine is imported ...
what more proof do you want ???

since @Dillinger is confident that its home grown,lets not rush to a conclusion so early

And all u haters who want to kill me by shocking me.................u will not succeed:astagh::nono::disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom