What's new

India's ASTRA BVRAAM Successfully Testfired From IAF Flanker

Come on bro don't be like that. If you're going to point to the engine and EO/IR pod being of foreign origin meaning the entire thing is "just a foreign drone" you are way off. The DRDO has still had to design and test the drone as a flying machine, it has had to design the flight controls, the automated take off and landing features, most of the avionics will be of Indian origin. This is as close to an Indian drone as India can get right now considering there isn't enough funding or attention given to optronics and propulsion in India.

i get u man.
sorry for being too negative.

i just want at least a turboprop to be developed in house,,,,if we can make a cryogenic whats a turboprop??

but anyways even i want rustom 2 to be kick *** as well,the only thing i hate is its paltry payload capacity of just 350 kg

i meant had there been a reason for that ? I don't think apart from engine it has any major foreign involvement.

It was sarcasm my dear.Clearly you have got no idea about the nature of that particular poster you quoted.

Apparently he thinks himself some kind of know all be all smartass,makes a lot of rhetorical silly remarks,and when you ask him to substantiate his claims,he answers you back with his stupid one-liners.And he never accepts when proven wrong,no matter how many logical explanations or proves you provide.

So it's better not to waste your time and energy on him.Believe me brother,it's not worth it.

Yes, last time i heard Rustom 2 was being tested in Somalia and It was made in Maldives logo on its tail.

lol,at least select better countries to lend credence to ur argument:woot:

It was sarcasm my dear.Clearly you have got no idea about the nature of that particular poster you quoted.

Apparently he thinks himself some kind of know all be all smartass,makes a lot of rhetorical silly remarks,and when you ask him to substantiate his claims,he answers you back with his stupid one-liners.And he never accepts when proven wrong,no matter how many logical explanations or proves you provide.

So it's better not to waste your time and energy on him.Believe me brother,it's not worth it.
at least i can say for sure i am better qualified than u.
u are just good enough to mock others around,nothing else.

perhaps u may try to make urself useful in a hal/drdo factory,they have many ppl like u apparently

perhaps u may try to make urself useful in a hal/drdo factory,they have many ppl like u apparently

Don't get so angry boyo,warna tera bacha khucha dimag bhi fuse ho jayenga.Phir yeha pe ake bakwas kaise karega??Toh dimaag thanda rakh.

And I'm doing this for the greater good of my (and yours of course) fellow Indian brothers here,so that they don't waste their time and energy on some useless tards.

Toh dil pe kaheko leta hai??Tujhe toh khush hona chahiye!!

Congrats no Main stream Media carried the Astra launch dolts.

Don't get so angry boyo,warna tera bacha khucha dimag bhi fuse ho jayenga.Phir yeha pe ake bakwas kaise karega??Toh dimaag thanda rakh.

And I'm doing this for the greater good of my (and yours of course) fellow Indian brothers here,so that they don't waste their time and energy on some useless tards.

Toh dil pe kaheko leta hai??Tujhe toh khush hona chahiye!!
bol le bhai jo bolna hai,,,i don't react to such lousy arguments.
u have nothing worthwhile to discuss or post,thats why such street language

ok ok heman and omega yar ladoo mt

@he-man our R&D budget is too small to perfect such complex things. Engines have too much complex moving parts. we have many small and critical items to dev before moving to such complex systems.

i know that yaar.
the point is we got to allocate more funds and involve the private industries which we are not doing.

whatever,maybe one days things will improve

i know that yaar.
the point is we got to allocate more funds and involve the private industries which we are not doing.

whatever,maybe one days things will improve
yes
I also want the Engine and Semiconductor industry to be developed in my country(most critical bottlenecks in our R&D base) but you know how things work here but being too negative is not good, perhaps with increase in economy we can see more funds to be allocated for high end research

Finally DRDO did that.They completed
development of Astra .Man what a nice propulsion.
Only one remains now.Nirbhay

I think the celebration is a bit premature, I ll wait for the day till its successful against a target, which mind you is the most crucial part for a BVRAAM. Good to see the progress though.

oye anyone knows what sort of propulsion does r-27 and r-77 have??

smokeless?

20140504+Astra+Firing+Pic+1.jpg

BmypfeICIAA3zC5.jpg:large
image-767274.png

So you compare with Chinese lousy smoking missiles to your beautiful smokeless missile? :disagree:

I talked about "comparable missiles in the area". About the particulars, I compared with Russian R-77 and Chinese SD-10.

Surely you can be more broadminded than that.

Guys,I want to know if Astra has High Off Boresight capability......could you guys please discuss on this context??

Back
Top Bottom