What's new

India's ASTRA BVRAAM Successfully Testfired From IAF Flanker

man i am so happy,the missile looks awesome :agree:

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

A moment a lot of us have been waiting for :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

in the western sector meeting all the mission objectives.

This will be followed by launch against actual target shortly.

Weapon integration with 'Tejas' Light Combat Aircraft will also be done in the near future."

he Mk-II variant with higher range capability is also planned to be tested by the end of 2014.

:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

Outstanding work DRDO, I've been saying for a while that the DRDO were going to turn around their image of failure after failure because they are now getting the adequate levels of funding and we are witnessing this before our very eyes....

Last edited:
@lightoftruth

You can edit the title of this thread by adding words " successfully "

Good Job... Now waiting for Nirbhay...

Expected within next few days ....
It has been long overdue ....

and successful test of Nirbhay will be the ultimate climax !

rustom 2 is just a foreign drone assembled in india.

till that changes i don't really care
Come on bro don't be like that. If you're going to point to the engine and EO/IR pod being of foreign origin meaning the entire thing is "just a foreign drone" you are way off. The DRDO has still had to design and test the drone as a flying machine, it has had to design the flight controls, the automated take off and landing features, most of the avionics will be of Indian origin. This is as close to an Indian drone as India can get right now considering there isn't enough funding or attention given to optronics and propulsion in India.

So you compare with Chinese lousy smoking missiles to your beautiful smokeless missile? :disagree:

Propulsion is neat & smokeless, similar to the latest versions of AMRAAM. Unlike some of the other comparable
missiles around, which are relatively "smoky" :

R-77 Adder
R-77-Adder-Launch-1.jpg

SD-10 aka PL-12 :
People's+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+J-10+Vanguard+Vigorous+Dragon+four+4+SD-10+PL-12+BVRAAM+PL-8+10+ASR+HMS+IFR++aesa+radar+fighter+jet+aircraft+(7).jpg

How dare you question the Superman, boy??He doesn't need to prove anything or answer your queries!!
i meant had there been a reason for that ? I don't think apart from engine it has any major foreign involvement.

Back
Top Bottom